Poor Service and bad experience at M*M Wheelp0wer

hpy090909

Changed an alternator pulley with them some time in May.

The mechanic used brute force to try to remove the old alternator pulley causing the tool bit to break off inside the alternator (i kept quiet since he mentioned no impact on alternator, being gullible i accepted)

Next he installed a wrong sized alternator pulley cause the alternator to smoke and subsequently jam. More waiting time for correct sized alternator pulley to be installed ( i did not know at that time that could have cause issues with the alternator)

About one month later, i encountered alternator failure and towed the vehicle back to them, they told me alternator needs to be replaced ( and charged me $90++ just for diagnostic fees) , Because my car is still under warranty with another workshop and alternator is covered under warranty i decided to tow back to my warranty workshop instead. 

At my warranty workshop, they told me the cause of the alternator failure was due to the wrong method and wrong sized alternator pulley used by M*M Wheelp0wer, and because i allowed other workshop to service my car, i could not claim warranty and had to cough up cash. 

When i tried to claim back the amount from M*M Wheelp0wer and request 70% damages instead of the 50% they offered, they told me ...sorry ...now one cent also wont give you cause not our fault. ( you can flame me for not accepting the 50%, but the thing is i REQUESTED not demanded 70% instead) 

You have been warned regarding this workshop who is also a SGMERC forum sponsor, it seems to me their reputation is worth less than the amount they could have reimbursed me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Just curious, since your car still under warranty with another ws, why didn't go back to them knowing repairing with another ws will void your warranty..?.. anyway, thanks for sharing and good to know....

• Praise 2

Sorry to hear your plight.

One big wrong move is to go chocolate wkshop initially , as for the 2nd wkshop, quite legit they do not honour it.

Maybe should just accept 50% compensation as you did not ask them to rectify the fault and carried on the repair without their consent.

Will stay away from m&m chocolate that's for sure.

Just curious, since your car still under warranty with another ws, why didn't go back to them knowing repairing with another ws will void your warranty..?.. anyway, thanks for sharing and good to know....

cause when i 1st had issues with noise in my car i went back to warranty workshop to diagnose ...they let me listen to stethoscope la talk alot la say is power steering problem and want to charge me $600++ cause that part not under warranty, i dont believe them and went for a second opinion at the workshop just beside them at Kung Chong road ( which happened to be M*M Wheelp0wer) , there they told me its just an alternator pulley problem and charged me about $260 to replace and nightmare started ( although the noise was gone for about 1 mth) 

This workshop is a forum sponsor and i thought they will be good ...they deal with mainly conti cars i think , i've seen Merc,Beemers, lambos and ferraris there 

What pisses me off is they think they are totally not at fault, although they are good at diagnostics or so i think but the service and recovery levels are dismal

(edited)

Sorry to hear your plight.

One big wrong move is to go chocolate wkshop initially , as for the 2nd wkshop, quite legit they do not honour it.

Maybe should just accept 50% compensation as you did not ask them to rectify the fault and carried on the repair without their consent.

Will stay away from m&m chocolate that's for sure.

i dont fault my warranty workshop for not honoring the warranty on the alternator although they did mis-diagnose the problem in the 1st place 

Its not that i dont accept the 50% compensation, the reason i REQUESTED for more is that the alternator that was damaged by M*M wheelp0wer  was an original Merc alternator but the warranty workshop only replaced with an OEM one ( i did not want to replace with original cause (1) car left 1 year COE nia , (2) in case cannot claim from M*M wheelp0wer,the difference between the 2 is almost $300.  

M*M workshop knew i was going to my warranty workshop for repair hence they cannot claim they dont know i carried out repair without their consent ( my car was towed there not driven there) 

Edited by hpy090909

At my warranty workshop, they told me the cause of the alternator failure was due to the wrong method and wrong sized alternator pulley used by M*M Wheelp0wer, and because i allowed other workshop to service my car, i could not claim warranty and had to cough up cash. 

you told your warranty workshop that you fixed it at other workshop ? 

(1) car left 1 year COE nia , 

how come your "old" car has warranty ah ? 

you told your warranty workshop that you fixed it at other workshop ? 

how come your "old" car has warranty ah ? 

somehow they managed to find out la ...i also dunno how 

buy those 3rd party warranty lor , the dealer paid for it ....OPtima werkz 

i think now many PI also give out warranty for new cars to them and someother places offering warranty services 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Sponsor easy to do .. Just pay $$$. Relax bro.. Blame on bad luck..if not u got to change to unhpy090909

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 2

Sponsor easy to do .. Just pay $$$. Relax bro.. Blame on bad luck..if not u got to change to unhpy090909

what i damn tu lan is the person call me and say something like " since you do not accept 50% compensation want to ask  for 70% ... we now one cent also dont give you" 

dont give nvm la, the money i can earn back in a while ...reputation once gone forever gone 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

what i damn tu lan is the person call me and say something like " since you do not accept 50% compensation want to ask for 70% ... we now one cent also dont give you"

dont give nvm la, the money i can earn back in a while ...reputation once gone forever gone

Steady la bro.. And thank you for sharing.. Got chance i buy Kopi..

Steady la bro.. And thank you for sharing.. Got chance i buy Kopi..

no need buy for me kopi

spread this news all around ...i buy you kopi instead 

what i damn tu lan is the person call me and say something like " since you do not accept 50% compensation want to ask  for 70% ... we now one cent also dont give you" 

and this is from the boss/mgr  ?

Twincharged
(edited)

Poor PR skills I guess.

Hope things turn out fine.

Sponsor sometimes is worse than random shop we just pass by or surf by ourselves.

what i damn tu lan is the person call me and say something like " since you do not accept 50% compensation want to ask for 70% ... we now one cent also dont give you"

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 2

(edited)

and this is from the boss/mgr  ?

this is from the sales advisor on behalf of the manager

Edited by hpy090909

Supercharged

Thought mbm is better than the other fly by night ws. Looks like they also flying in the dark. Sad sad. Best to stick to ADs.

• Praise 1

somehow they managed to find out la ...i also dunno how

buy those 3rd party warranty lor , the dealer paid for it ....OPtima werkz

i think now many PI also give out warranty for new cars to them and someother places offering warranty services

That's why when I got my chevron car, dealer said they need to buy OW warranty . I said forget it and ask for more discount.

I don't trust all these 3rd party whatever warranty whatever.

• Praise 4

That's why when I got my chevron car, dealer said they need to buy OW warranty . I said forget it and ask for more discount.

I don't trust all these 3rd party whatever warranty whatever.

Optima werkz even better than this M*M Wheelp0wer

Your MB may be equipped with a Bosch alternator that comes with a " Freewheel Pulley". To remove the pulley the mech needs to have a special tool designed mainly for this purpose. See attached alternator specialty tool for Bosch alternator "Freewheel Pulley".

Hope this will provide the answer as why such simple job cannot be carried out correctly.

post-272-0-07306000-1468065387_thumb.jpg

post-272-0-38925200-1468065395_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4