Poor Service and bad experience at M*M Wheelp0wer

hpy090909

(edited)

I ever used their service for my E. Experience is good but slightly pricey.

I thought OEM normally suitable for merc? I think its ur warranty workshop don't want to repair ur car or honor the warranty. M$M is an established workshop so i believe they are professionals in handling conti cars.

Optima werkz even better than this M*M Wheelp0wer

Somehow true. Op**** i reckon is better than m$m

But both equally ex

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
↡ Advertisement

Bro, u meant this as a statement of fact or as a sarcastic comment or out of anguish?

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2695417-anyone-heard-of-this-workshop-optima-werkz/

Sorry to hear about your experience and glad u shared

Some experienced buyers would rather take an upfront discount on car price when buying a 8-9 year old car rather than take up the warranty offered. They use the money for repairs and workshop inspection.

It belies common sense why workshops would want to offer warranty to old used cars on a large scale when they know that problems will be plenty. They get at most 1-2k kickbacks from the dealers and depend on the "profits" when these cars use their service over the warranty period. Logic tells us that if they are to stick to providing "warranty" to very old used cars, they will run a very high risk of deficits when very old used cars (esp conti) will have tonnes of problems.

Optima werkz even better than this M*M Wheelp0wer

• Praise 9

That's why when I got my chevron car, dealer said they need to buy OW warranty . I said forget it and ask for more discount.

I don't trust all these 3rd party whatever warranty whatever.

I had very bad experience with OPtima workz. Loads of SAI!

• Praise 2

(edited)

Bro, u meant this as a statement of fact or as a sarcastic comment or out of anguish?

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2695417-anyone-heard-of-this-workshop-optima-werkz/

Sorry to hear about your experience and glad u shared

Some experienced buyers would rather take an upfront discount on car price when buying a 8-9 year old car rather than take up the warranty offered. They use the money for repairs and workshop inspection.

It belies common sense why workshops would want to offer warranty to old used cars on a large scale when they know that problems will be plenty. They get at most 1-2k kickbacks from the dealers and depend on the "profits" when these cars use their service over the warranty period. Logic tells us that if they are to stick to providing "warranty" to very old used cars, they will run a very high risk of deficits when very old used cars (esp conti) will have tonnes of problems.

as a statement of fact based on this experience albeit its a limited exposure 

OW could have voided my entire warranty but they din ( maybe like u said , they know i might have more problems in the future) , but they din as long as i let them carry out my alternator repair

actually i had both a upfront discount and requested for the warranty

Your MB may be equipped with a Bosch alternator that comes with a " Freewheel Pulley". To remove the pulley the mech needs to have a special tool designed mainly for this purpose. See attached alternator specialty tool for Bosch alternator "Freewheel Pulley".

Hope this will provide the answer as why such simple job cannot be carried out correctly.

it was a valeo that was removed 

Edited by hpy090909

Twincharged

That's why when I got my chevron car, dealer said they need to buy OW warranty . I said forget it and ask for more discount.

I don't trust all these 3rd party whatever warranty whatever.

Warranty in Singapore is a scam. Not only for workshops but most services.

Yeah loh... Poor consumer rights..haiz
  • Praise 1

Yup even some ADs also like that.

Like Ah Seng Aquarium, go outside for anything also void warranty on whole car.

(edited)

sorry to hear.  nevermind lor, create a new thread and a list of bad experiences.  Let the readers make their own judgement lor.

I also had my own experience with OW when I was under 1 year warranty for a used car.  Knn went to check brakes, at first the say the pads still very thick.  Then, they changed it and charged me for the brakes without first telling me.

When I asked why they changed it and why no one told me first, they said the pads cracked.  They say its for my safety.  Right, Car merely 4 months into the 1 year warranty.  But pads not covered under warranty.  So I asked, isnt brakes one of the fundamental safety feature.  They say not covered.

End up the brakes still felt weak.  Eventually went else where to flush brake fluid, everything was fine after.

Edited by Ahbengdriver

sorry to hear.  nevermind lor, create a new thread and a list of bad experiences.  Let the readers make their own judgement lor.

I also had my own experience with OW when I was under 1 year warranty for a used car.  Knn went to check brakes, at first the say the pads still very thick.  Then, they changed it and charged me for the brakes without first telling me.

When I asked why they changed it and why no one told me first, they said the pads cracked.  They say its for my safety.  Right, Car merely 4 months into the 1 year warranty.  But pads not covered under warranty.  So I asked, isnt brakes one of the fundamental safety feature.  They say not covered.

End up the brakes still felt weak.  Eventually went else where to flush brake fluid, everything was fine after.

my experience at OW is better than at M*M wheelP0wer

imagine people say in your face " now we single cent also dont give you"

• Praise 1

Seemed like most ws r lidat; good ones toh liao

I oso share mine - went to a supposedly good feedback by old mcfer at north. Initially good n went extra mile to tighten my chassis. Subsequent aircon repair abit wanna Robert me liao; AC guy quoted 700+ n boss later quoted 550 for AC comp. though boss gotten me rental car (most likely find me irritable when I stood by my car to observe repair) n asked me collect next day. Next pm,went n saw my car engine running w AC on - God knows how long they left it idling. 3rd time asked some chassis noise chief mech like not interested to entertain; after on engine to idle again, asked me leave car there. Again, gods knows how long engine be left running if I really left.

Conclusion - ws doesn't like u to stay around ur car (less of safety issue n more of don't let u see too much of what they do). Ws doesn't like mechanically inclined car owners. Ws do Swee Swee for 1st time customer probably to get good feedback then after that see how customer response, so paying customers seemed like must get into their good books instead other way round.

This I believe is the reality.

Turbocharged

When u think u are bro bro with the ws, that's the time the knife getting sharper.

they won't even tell u the amount or call u before any repair is carried out.

Bro bro ma.....

Skim front rotors, per piece s$60. Cheap boh? Per pair equals s$120.

CB ws, chop me like carrot.

I shd change my name to ROBERT.

Twincharged
(edited)

my experience at OW is better than at M*M wheelP0wer

imagine people say in your face " now we single cent also dont give you"

Saw your post also in sgmerc. Forget it la. No forum admin will ever remove a merchant. They need money to run the site. Whoever pays money wins. You don't pay so no say. Hahaha

Anyway I only ever go to workshops which the boss himself is also hand on. He has a reputation to protect and actively monitors the work. Never like those who just sit inside office and collect money

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Saw your post also in sgmerc. Forget it la. No forum admin will ever remove a merchant. They need money to run the site. Whoever pays money wins. You don't pay so no say. Hahaha

Anyway I only ever go to workshops which the boss himself is also hand on. He has a reputation to protect and actively monitors the work. Never like those who just sit inside office and collect money

according to the admin he was not siding anyone wor

but 3 paragraphs of text to say MBM is good .... if thats not siding them i dunno what is 

Actually had pretty nice experience at MBM Wheelpower. They have a new reception/lounge area that is big, spacious and comfortable. I like the design very much. Their technicians all look like they know what they are doing and all their staff are ver friendly.

All look like they know what they are doing.

Hello buddy, I can also wayang and show to you I know what I am doing. But in fact, NONE!

Same like you, always love to wayang.

↡ Advertisement