Mid Valley or PJ

smgdc

Hi,

Thinking of family trip in KL, just driving up there, park the car for 2-3 days, and shop at shopping mall attached to hotel. Is staying at One World hotel next to 1 Utama better as compared to Gardens / Boulevard Hotel in Mid Valley?  Which is more convenient and would make a more pleasant trip for the family?

Also, going on weekdays better? Or weekends?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

one utama would be nice, can still drive over to The Curve and avoid the jam in down town. For 2 days is good to stay and shop just around that area.

(edited)

Hi,

Thinking of family trip in KL, just driving up there, park the car for 2-3 days, and shop at shopping mall attached to hotel. Is staying at One World hotel next to 1 Utama better as compared to Gardens / Boulevard Hotel in Mid Valley? Which is more convenient and would make a more pleasant trip for the family?

Also, going on weekdays better? Or weekends?

Thanks.

I just went one world last month. I recommend u to stay there, nice room, mall also good. Recommend u The putien restaurant and chendol at basement level.

Parking safe i can see guards on patrol. Next month i am heading up to mid valley but see pic of the garden hotel from tripadvisor think i better stay at trader.

one utama would be nice, can still drive over to The Curve and avoid the jam in down town. For 2 days is good to stay and shop just around that area.

Last time i went PJ got jam cos many road works

post-61366-0-00218000-1468057212_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 1

I just went one world last month. I recommend u to stay there, nice room, mall also good. Recommend u The putien restaurant and chendol at basement level.

Parking safe i can see guards on patrol. Next month i am heading up to mid valley but see pic of the garden hotel from tripadvisor think i better stay at trader.

Last time i went PJ got jam cos many road works

yes darmansara area traffic can be high at time.
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

I prefer one world hotel to gardens as well.

Mid Valley all high end brands, dun take the wife there.

Both have very good restaurants. Especially a lot of Japanese

if you like that. I like the Japanese restaurant in the basement

with the big selection of ice cream. The owner of Putien also

eats there when he visits his restaurant upstairs.

I prefer the breakfast at one world compared to gardens also.

:D  

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 4

I prefer one world hotel to gardens as well.

Mid Valley all high end brands, dun take the wife there.

Both have very good restaurants. Especially a lot of Japanese

if you like that. I like the Japanese restaurant in the basement

with the big selection of ice cream. The owner of Putien also

eats there when he visits his restaurant upstairs.

I prefer the breakfast at one world compared to gardens also.

:D

U mean jap restaurant at basement connecting to the other mall?

Yah theres good selection of japs food. Value for money with alfresco dining style.

Breakfast in hotel probably the most variety i ever tried in Malaysia

• Praise 1

I always stay at Gardens, so can't compare the accommodation but shopping at Mid Valley definitely better, from mass market brands to high end names. Also Mid Valley is closer to KL Sentral and Bukit Bintang, so location wise, mid valley iis better if you intend to shop/ eat around KL.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

The last time I stayed at PJ Hilton, then take the train into KL. No need to get trapped inside KL traffic.

More convenient.

• Praise 1

I always stay at Gardens, so can't compare the accommodation but shopping at Mid Valley definitely better, from mass market brands to high end names. Also Mid Valley is closer to KL Sentral and Bukit Bintang, so location wise, mid valley iis better if you intend to shop/ eat around KL.

Any good restaurant in Mid Valley? Is the mass market brand mall like KSL jb?

Any good restaurant in Mid Valley? Is the mass market brand mall like KSL jb?

MV has 2 malls, Mega is more mass market and Gardens is more atas. KSL is chapalang mall lah, think City Square JB is closer to Mega, Gardens is mostly high end branded stuff (not as many as Pavillon bukit Bintang, I think).

Restaurants....

Hans Room at Gardens

Alexis at Gardens (good tiramisu cake)

Amarin at Mega (decent thai food at reasonable price, the tomyamgoong is good)

Mdm Kwan also have a branch at Mid Valley but these days, I prefer to go to Village Park for my Nasi Lemak fix.

There is a Jap restaurant at Gardens which is pretty ok but for higher end dinning, I prefer KL sentral, which is nearby, the Japanese, Italian and Chinese restaurants at Hilton KL Sentral are very decent.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

pj / Damansara have so much nice food everywhere but you guys go for restaurants in malls?

The last time I stayed at PJ Hilton, then take the train into KL. No need to get trapped inside KL traffic.

More convenient.

Same here.  Some more, it is half of the price of Hilton @ KL sentral.

Supersonic

pj / Damansara have so much nice food everywhere but you guys go for restaurants in malls?

↡ Advertisement