MyCarForum Logo
Search
Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
71 replies to this topic | 80 praises

Poll: Honda Civic or HRV? (93 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is a better based on a family of 4?

1. Hinda Civic (69 votes [74.19%])

Percentage of vote: 74.19%

2. Honda HRV (24 votes [25.81%])

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

Tricor
  • Premium member
    Tricor
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Visited KM showroom, cant decide which to book as they have their pros n cons and price diff only abt 1k. For a family with two teenagers, which will be a better choice?
Anyone which has the same situation as me? Appreciate all the advises.
Sorry for the typo error, should be Honda instead of Hinda.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:18 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Wah ... Both also Honda so tough choice ...

Prefer driving sedan myself so would pick the civic.
"old dog, new tricks ..."

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:22 PM

Tricor
  • Premium member
    Tricor
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Yup a tough choice. Anyone can also advise which has a better rear legroom?

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:23 PM

Bismarck
  • Bismarck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I guess civic would be good enough as long as the leg room is decent for 2 teenagers. 

"I am the normal one"
"It’s really difficult looking for glasses without glasses.”
"I would never sign an a**hole just because he is great at football"
"Please don't ask me this shit"
"Sorry I said it twice"
[laugh]

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:34 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if u need to ferry the occasional Mom in law dad in law then HRV makes sense, but only when the Made in japan HRV arrives.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:39 PM

Coltplussport
  • Premium member
    Coltplussport
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Visited KM showroom, cant decide which to book as they have their pros n cons and price diff only abt 1k. For a family with two teenagers, which will be a better choice?

I believe civic is better la, should be bigger and more refined.

Why not go see opel astra also, a lot of discussion recently, in between the 2 Honda.

Haha, thought you went to the showroom already? Rear space depend on the seat behind also. Some seat the depth very shallow but somehow the leg room look wider. Sedan seat usually more depth, with better thigh support, but look like less leg room.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:46 PM

cllq
  • Premium member
    cllq
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Test drive the Honda Civic Ytd at LK, the civic has a nice display, very futuristic.. Price wise $110,999. But it's abit low due to the racing spec nature. For me, I will prob go for civic for the feature as just under 2k different from Toyota altis. The new civic is a head turner in my opinion. However if u wanna get a civic do note the lead time is in October. If u can wait, go for civic
You used to be the reason why I believe in forever..

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:06 PM

Audi2016
  • Audi2016
    5th Gear
    Author Image

HRV / Vezel so common liao.. I'd go for Civic if between these 2 options.

Anyway why limit yourself to just Honda.. There're other nice cars in this price bracket too.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:36 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    Supercharged
    Author Image

HRV if easy ingress & egress is important.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:07 PM

Xers007
  • Premium member
    Xers007
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Test drive the Honda Civic Ytd at LK, the civic has a nice display, very futuristic.. Price wise $110,999. But it's abit low due to the racing spec nature. For me, I will prob go for civic for the feature as just under 2k different from Toyota altis. The new civic is a head turner in my opinion. However if u wanna get a civic do note the lead time is in October. If u can wait, go for civic

Head turner now but after 1/2 year no one will even bother to look at it as it will be all over the road just like the Vezel... I would prefer Civic over HRV, if wanna go for the HRV might as well get the better spec Vezel...

Edited by Xers007, 10 July 2016 - 04:07 PM.

Back to the same old days...

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:19 PM

Variodical
  • Premium member
    Variodical
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I think Vezel's a better idea than HRV, more safety feature and new Earth Dreams engine.

Anyway, Civic is lower, wider with independent rear suspension. Ride, handling and stability is better compared to HRV, which is tall and narrow.

Bear in mind HRV is based on the Jazz.

Since you have an average able-bodied family, HRV's higher ride height won't be a big advantage.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:53 PM

Mahjong74
  • Premium member
    Mahjong74
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Bring your family to test drive both car together. Take your time to discuss and decide since its a 110K decision. 

How long are you going to drive the car? 

If drive for 3 to 5 years, I believe Honda Civic have a better resale value than the HRV. 

If drive for the full 10 years, not much difference between the both in terms of depreciation.

Honda Civic is slightly more refine and spacious. 

If you further compare Honda Vezel and HRV, Honda Vezel specs is slightly better although similar pricing. 

Good luck and enjoy your new car. You won't go wrong with either choice. 

I have voted Honda Civic

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:08 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

civic turbo ftw!!!

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:13 PM

Andyngps
  • Premium member
    Andyngps
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Civic. If HRV i rather buy Vezel since cheaper despite hrv mij.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:22 PM

Nkotb
  • Nkotb
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Civic.. Because its easier to locate your car in mscp.. Shopping centre etc.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:24 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Civic.. Because its easier to locate your car in mscp.. Shopping centre etc.

hahaha ... give it 6 months the new Civic will flooded the road and mscp too ... lol

Edited by Wt_know, 10 July 2016 - 09:25 PM.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:35 PM

4dragon
  • 4dragon
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

A colleague of mine who is die hard Honda fan faced the same situation too.

A couple of things you may wish to take after our discussion with SE (who is really friendly, thumbs up) you may wish to take note:

The HRV version that KM has will be replaced by Vezel for any new orders and will be delivered in around Oct according to the SE. The specs will be similar to that of the PI high end specs... Cant really remember the specs he mentioned.

If this is true (stand corrected), then the depreciation of the HRV(Kah's Vezel) will be higher given the CEVs rebate.
Pinobii praised this

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:51 PM

alex976
  • Premium member
    alex976
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Best is to wait for the 1.5 Turbo Civic to reach Spore.

Test drive the 1.5 Turbo before choosing.

The 1.6L civic currently available is pointless to buy, Made in Thailand and with an engine that is similar to the 8th generation. its really a waste of $$.

The HRV if you are buying, IMO pls just get a vezel.

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:08 AM

Selanking
  • Selanking
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Tested drive Civic ytd, felt quite slow, 1.5T version should be much more better.
HRV spec not good as bezel, might as well wait for the new version arrive.

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:04 AM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

You didn't sit in the back when you visit the showroom meh?

Are you a 'regular' family that just go out or do you do stuff like cycling or hiking or etc on weekends? That should more or less answer question. HR-V has bigger boot and more practical space, seats can fold down to put bicycle and stuff. Civic is just a normal regular sedan.

Bring your family down to the showroom and get their thoughts. That should help you decide.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, hondahonda civic, hrv and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users