*Appeal for Witness* Hit & Run Accident Tuas South Ave 3, 14

Currahee

I am writing to appeal for witnesses to a hit and run accident i am involved in.
It happened this afternoon 14/7 along Tuas South Ave 4 ~4:30pm.

A silver colored lorry cut out into the extreme right lane that i was travelling along. As a result it banged into my left fender and the lorry continued on its way while I was stopped by the road. It happened so fast and when I wanted to go after the lorry it was lost in the traffic.. Didnt manage to capture the car plate number... Really appreciate if anyone can assist.. thank you

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Another HIT & RUN? 
Incourteous driver? I

Used to take such behaviour lightly back home but how about civilized world as Singapore?

Went to fetch my son and his classmates from Townsville primary school today, after exiting the school lane, took the right lane towards AMK avenue 1 and was slowing down in preparation to stop ahead of yellow box as the traffic signal was red when suddenly a lorry GP3885B emerged speeding from the central lane and cut through across me hitting the car hard which swerved towards the opposite side of the road. Children panicked and screamed.

Even after the impact, the driver showed no intention to slow down but the red signal was in my favor hence i could stop him to show what damage he has done to my car.

To my utter dismay, the lorry driver did not even bother to acknowledge he had hit another vehicle. Leave aside apologies, he did not even show the courtesy to stop and exchange particulars.

Why you stopping me, "I am in a rush lah,"
"Singapore system very fair", just report it to the police then my company will handle!!

So company will "handle" the time and energy lost?
Company will pacify children who are still stressed?
Few "on calls" next week and no transport for all the errands, Will have to depend on public transport

Presumably the expensive company lawyers will handle in their favor, won't accept their liability or worse try to turn the blaming finger on me.

So?
Truth prevails, Singapore system will be just and fair

Lesson?
Must have live recording camera in car. MUST have and not GOOD TO have, There will always be disputes and witnesses may not always be available.

Hope
Company takes appropriate action against this driver or if he is the vehicle owner then LTA takes measures, he is indeed reckless, unsafe and inconsiderate.

This was my facebook posting on 2nd april, I was so frustrated and didn't know where to vent my anger. so posted my car photo and also the lorry picture on my facebook wall. And that was helpful as it happens, the same evening I lost my cellphone which had stored all the accident photos.

And now, on 31st July, I hear that my third party insurance claim is rejected as the lorry driver claims fault was mine and not his

Hi, I am sorry for posting this here as I am unable to create my own topic.

I am also sorry to hear you got into a hit and run. I would like to post my hit and run incident if you don't mind.

From Facebook:

Hi, I would like a favor from you guys. Do help me share the post around. It will help me a great deal. Thanks

I am looking for eyewitnesses or videos of a hit and run accident that happened to me on the 23rd of September 2016, at 4.06pm.

As I was driving out of the AYE to Portsdown Road, I stopped at the intersection as indicated on the map attached as the truck in front of me stopped.

All of a sudden, the truck just reversed and banged into my car despite me honking before it banged it. It banged my car and dragged it behind. Thank goodness that the car behind managed to reverse on time so that it can avoid being hit.

The truck immediately rushed off before I could chase him. I didn't chase him as I was still in shock and I was worried about my car engine. When I tried to turn into where he turned in, just to check if he has stopped his lorry, he was nowhere to be found.

Any eyewitnesses or videos will be greatly appreciated. Please contact me at [email protected] or send me a PM on Facebook. Greatly appreciate it

post-179545-0-00986500-1474690346_thumb.jpgpost-179545-0-38006200-1474690346_thumb.jpgpost-179545-0-04268700-1474690347_thumb.jpgpost-179545-0-06578800-1474690348_thumb.jpgpost-179545-0-08254800-1474690349_thumb.jpgpost-179545-0-64805600-1474690349_thumb.jpg

I am also sorry to hear you got into a hit and run. I would like to post my hit and run incident if you don't mind.

From Facebook:

Hi, I would like a favor from you guys. Do help me share the post around. It will help me a great deal. Thanks

I am looking for eyewitnesses or videos of a hit and run accident that happened to me on the 23rd of September 2016, at 4.06pm.

As I was driving out of the AYE to Portsdown Road, I stopped at the intersection as indicated on the map attached as the truck in front of me stopped.

All of a sudden, the truck just reversed and banged into my car despite me honking before it banged it. It banged my car and dragged it behind. Thank goodness that the car behind managed to reverse on time so that it can avoid being hit.

The truck immediately rushed off before I could chase him. I didn't chase him as I was still in shock and I was worried about my car engine. When I tried to turn into where he turned in, just to check if he has stopped his lorry, he was nowhere to be found.

Any eyewitnesses or videos will be greatly appreciated. Please contact me at [email protected] or send me a PM on Facebook. Greatly appreciate it

851439253_4826090065022688365.jpg IMG_2016-09-23 20:42:21.jpg IMG_2016-09-23 20:42:25.jpg IMG_2016-09-23 20:42:28.jpg IMG_2016-09-23 20:42:31.jpg IMG_2016-09-23 20:42:40.jpg

Walao eh..new car and you never put camera to record..

Spoken umpteen times.

Why no install cam.

If no witness or proof, lorry would probably say you rear ended him.

Lorry could easily blame VW DSG..
  • Praise 1

From Facebook:

851439253_4826090065022688365.jpg IMG_2016-09-23 20:42:21.jpg IMG_2016-09-23 20:42:25.jpg IMG_2016-09-23 20:42:28.jpg IMG_2016-09-23 20:42:31.jpg IMG_2016-09-23 20:42:40.jpg

This kinda lorry how fast they can run??? Surprised that u can lose him.

This kinda lorry how fast they can run??? Surprised that u can lose him.

TS mention he was shocked and worried about the engine. Guess he didn't dare to drive it at first.

No impact on Engine- still can run only bonnet dented. Waste time better fix it yourself. How to claim insurance like that- impossible.

should chase after him-  probably can claim from his company- construction there can trace which company got project there. normally these lorry got schedule one. at least remember the timing n date.

No impact on Engine- still can run only bonnet dented. Waste time better fix it yourself. How to claim insurance like that- impossible.

should chase after him-  probably can claim from his company- construction there can trace which company got project there. normally these lorry got schedule one. at least remember the timing n date.

↡ Advertisement