Michelin Guide Singapore

Ender

My own cooking has simplified...

I blanched my vegetables, fishballs, meat or whatever in boiling water.

Drain off water.

Pour them into a bowl with soy sauce and sesame oil.

Masak masak....

Presto! A meal.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Channel 8 News just reported that long queues at the stalls.

[:)]

this is where it start to fall (sorry i'm not trying to be mean).  

to be honest, recently i find that there is a lot more satisfaction to cooking my meals rather than just simply cooking out.

i dare say that my chicken rice got 80% of tian tian's standard. esp my rice. hahahaha

actually i only had tian tian once and never want to go back.

i ate it before. I thought its not bad, but not worth the wait. haha.

Really? I found the chicken so so nia. But the rice was really very good

My current favourite chicken rice is actually in Jurong. At the hawker centre opp lakeside mrt.

Supercharged

My current favourite chicken rice is actually in Jurong. At the hawker centre opp lakeside mrt.

Actually, the essence of a good chicken rice is that the rice must be good enough (fragrant and texture) to be eaten alone. (just like how they judge a good plate of Briyani)

If you say the rice is really really good, then that's a good chicken rice stall. They did it right. 

Anyway, my only concern is these hawkers rated Michelin star, may soon raise their prices and lower their standards. Its ALWAYS like this when a stall gets too famous........ 

• Praise 3

Actually, the essence of a good chicken rice is that the rice must be good enough (fragrant and texture) to be eaten alone. (just like how they judge a good plate of Briyani)

If you say the rice is really really good, then that's a good chicken rice stall. They did it right. 

Anyway, my only concern is these hawkers rated Michelin star, may soon raise their prices and lower their standards. Its ALWAYS like this when a stall gets too famous........ 

LL lor. people want to feature you. 

There are a lot of tourists that like to google michelin places in the cities they are traveling to anyway.

so the central ones will definitely see more business from tourists.

Depends on what you value.

Some go to a stall for its chicken, some for its rice. I know some who go just for the chilli.  [laugh]

Some go to a stall for its chicken, some for its rice. I know some who go just for the chilli.  [laugh]

lol i am one of those for the chilli

• Praise 1

the trick to a good chicken rice is to use rendered chicken fats to cook the rice.

you can try to do it the healthier way, but it just won't taste the same.

lol

first time i tried. i thought it was sibei disgusting. but the results was undisputable. even my wife and kid loved it. when they asked why this round taste so nice compared to previously, i don't dare tell them the truth. hahaha

Turbocharged

Actually a long long time ago, Tian Tian was really good.

A superb balance of rice, chicken, chili and even the soup.

But that was a really long long time ago.

The same could be said of some of the stalls, like Ka Soh a long long time ago at Tofu Street. Hoo Kee dumpling when it was in a shophouse in Amoy, etc.

They made their name then, and current iterations are a pale shade of the past.

• Praise 2

to be honest. that's true of most of the michelin's guide's recommendation.

the stalls mentioned are all definitely above average.

whether they are really the absolute best in singapore? i really don't think so.

most of these stalls are just living off past glory. standards have dropped drastically since long time ago. or maybe we've just aged and even our palette have become jaded.

Actually a long long time ago, Tian Tian was really good.

A superb balance of rice, chicken, chili and even the soup.

But that was a really long long time ago.

The same could be said of some of the stalls, like Ka Soh a long long time ago at Tofu Street. Hoo Kee dumpling when it was in a shophouse in Amoy, etc.

They made their name then, and current iterations are a pale shade of the past.

Was at Mei Ling st food centre this afternoon. Half the stalls there were closed? Tried the prawn noodles. Not bad not bad. $3 such big portion and tasty. Nom nom nom . . .

Some go to a stall for its chicken, some for its rice. I know some who go just for the chilli. [laugh]

agree, i value the meat and condiement more than the rice. i find the really rich fragrance rice too heavy for my stomach (indigestion).

Was at Mei Ling st food centre this afternoon. Half the stalls there were closed? Tried the prawn noodles. Not bad not bad. $3 such big portion and tasty. Nom nom nom . . .

many stalls around Sinkapor are usually closed on Mondays..not just @ Mei Ling Street FC

• Praise 1

agree, i value the meat and condiement more than the rice. i find the really rich fragrance rice too heavy for my stomach (indigestion).

i actually like places that put less margarine or chicken fat to cook.

the trick to a good chicken rice is to use rendered chicken fats to cook the rice.

you can try to do it the healthier way, but it just won't taste the same.

lol

first time i tried. i thought it was sibei disgusting. but the results was undisputable. even my wife and kid loved it. when they asked why this round taste so nice compared to previously, i don't dare tell them the truth. hahaha

Ho jiak is a price.

It's just like my sister doesn't add salt or olive oil to the pasta ... I'm like, lol sibei tasteless strands of wheat.  [laugh]

you eat too much ho liao already

[:p]

Truly indeed, food taste best when you are freaking hungry.

most of these stalls are just living off past glory. standards have dropped drastically since long time ago. or maybe we've just aged and even our palette have become jaded.

• Praise 1

dang!!! i juz realize my fav something is inside that list....  no wonder she sold out so early last sunday.... damn it..   

its the carrot cake btw..  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1