Michelin Guide Singapore

Ender

Hypersonic
(edited)

Lai liao. Singapore finally got Michelin Star restuarants . We got one 3 stars here. This weekend going to be long queue again at these restuarants.  Tried a couple of the one star before, good but nothing I would die die must eat. Also interesting got two hawker stalls on the 1 star list. The tai hwa  bak chor mee and the soy sauce chicken noodle and rice.

Going to see price increase in some of the restaurants here.

Call in for seats reservation now..

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/singapores-michelin-star-recipients-announced

michelinallstars_0.png

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

This explain why when I ate at the one star tim ho wan in HK, not really impressed, just a satisfying tim sum like any other tim sum is HK.. thats' all

Edited by Ender

Good Michelin Star list. I approve! Most of the places I hv tried on the list are outstanding. Unlike the bib gourmand list which is a joke. At least they get it right where it matters.

Good Michelin Star list. I approve! Most of the places I hv tried on the list are outstanding. Unlike the bib gourmand list which is a joke. At least they get it right where it matters.

actually.. i think that list have too many entrants of places serving jap food... not enough diversity.. 

phrase it this way,, how creative can one be when emphasis on the raw food is on location and freshness? like that might as well say all the stalls at tsukiji market deserve a couple of michelin stars too...  

been to a couple of those restaurants.. dont have a i must return to eat coz i cannot find it else where..  and some of them...  really eat one time.. 2nd time you know its the same experience.. nothing new...  tho of cus the 1st time was innovative and memorable.. but know point paying so much to go back.... you get what i mean? 

cheers to candlenut.. really my fav peranakan restaurant. 

• Praise 2

morton's don't have one star ar ...

Come to think of it, they really need a star.  Basket the lighting of the place is so dim, you can end up eating with a pretty stranger who you thought was your wife.   [laugh]  :XD:

• Praise 1

This explain why when I ate at the one star tim ho wan in HK, not really impressed, just a satisfying tim sum like any other tim sum is HK.. thats' all

Whenever i go HK, i will end up in Luk Yu Teahouse for dim sum.  Getting harder to find these old skool restaurant. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

i ate it before. I thought its not bad, but not worth the wait. haha.

Somehow  find all Chicken rice the same.  Whether it is Loy Kee, Nam Kee, Boon Tong Kee, Tian Tian,  I think they all taste about the same. I certainly will not be able to tell which one came from which store.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Was telling my brother that chicken rice very hard to go wrong.

The taste is always there.

When was the last time you ate a really shitty chicken rice?

Char Kuey Teow too. Besides been too oily and whether pork lard is used, you can't really tell the difference. The taste is always there.

Edited by Fcw75

(edited)

Somehow  find all Chicken rice the same.  Whether it is Loy Kee, Nam Kee, Boon Tong Kee, Tian Tian,  I think they all taste about the same. I certainly will not be able to tell which one came from which store.

Yeah, most chicken rice are just above average. 

i like the boon tong kee rice and chilli though.

Haha very orange and spicy.

when in doubt what to eat at the coffeeshop, always eat the chicken rice. Lowest chance of being shitty haha  [laugh]

Edited by Lala81

Supersonic
(edited)

Really? I found the chicken so so nia. But the rice was really very good

My current favourite chicken rice is actually in Jurong. At the hawker centre opp lakeside mrt.

Share stall name leh.

Mine is called Henry chicken rice at commonwealth avenue.

Rice is average. Chicken is average. But the Chilli!!!!  [thumbsup]

Edited by Kusje

Char Kuey Teow too. Besides been too oily and whether pork lard is used, you can't really tell the difference. The taste is always there.

CKT can go very wrong sometime, chicken rice is always safe, only thing can go wrong if the chilli sucks or gone bad.

Supersonic

Yeah, most chicken rice are just above average. 

i like the boon tong kee rice and chilli though.

Haha very orange and spicy.

when in doubt what to eat at the coffeeshop, always eat the chicken rice. Lowest chance of being shitty haha  [laugh]

Err... How can most chicken rice be above average?  

By definition, less than half are above average.  :D

• Praise 2

CKT can go very wrong sometime, chicken rice is always safe, only thing can go wrong if the chilli sucks or gone bad.

i.e. lausai.  [bigcry]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Is it? Maybe my taste buds lousy. As long as got the taste can liao. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Err... How can most chicken rice be above average?  

By definition, less than half are above average.  :D

most of the above. BTK, Loy kee, Wee Nam Kee etc.

yeah CKT most i won't bother trying.

Either too oily, too much sweet sauce ...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1