2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

Actually statistics and sales figure has shown that majority of buyers don't shun MIT Altis, that's why it has always been the top seller .  It's only the minority narrow minded people who still thinks that MIT means inferior to MIJ, as if the whole of Thailand is a village.  Lol.

If we want a Corolla, I don't think we have a choice. Otherwise you may see people walking away from the Thai car..

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

If we want a Corolla, I don't think we have a choice. Otherwise you may see people walking away from the Thai car..

So why people wants a MIT Corolla ? It's because of the strength as stated above, not because they don't have a choice of a MIJ Corolla.  Otherwise they can go buy another MIJ make and model.

Altis strikes a balance between space, driveability, reliability and price. Majority of buyers have either owned or heard about the reliability of Corollas.

Buyers don't shun MIT Altis? It's like saying, "majority of earthlings don't shun earth. That's why they choose to live on planet Earth".

Pray tell... how can I get a non-MIT Altis from Borneo Motor? 

Buyers, unlike earthlings, have other choices.  A corolla buyer could have bought a MIJ Lancer if he wishes to.

Edited by Ingenius

So why people wants a MIT Corolla ? It's because of the strength as stated above, not because they don't have a choice of a MIJ Corolla.  Otherwise they can go buy another MIJ make and model.

Buyers, unlike earthlings, have other choices.  A corolla buyer could have bought a MIJ Lancer if he wishes to.

But he can't buy a Jap made one.

So a Corolla is sold partly on past rep.

I do note that the build quality of the current version is much better - my mum in law has one. But I am sure she will prefer a Jap made one.

Actually statistics and sales figure has shown that majority of buyers don't shun MIT Altis, that's why it has always been the top seller . It's only the minority narrow minded people who still thinks that MIT means inferior to MIJ, as if the whole of Thailand is a village. Lol.

Hmm engine wise...mit and mij should be the same. Is the plastic that posted concern. my vios for 10year on her 2nd year a pillar cover drop out dangling. Front where you install fog light..plastic crack after 1st yr anniversary. Haha thanks to elephant glue and 3m stick..fix them all up. No problem for the car itself.

Altis strikes a balance between space, driveability, reliability and price. Majority of buyers have either owned or heard about the reliability of Corollas.

Buyers don't shun MIT Altis? It's like saying, "majority of earthlings don't shun earth. That's why they choose to live on planet Earth".

Pray tell... how can I get a non-MIT Altis from Borneo Motor?

Migrate to USA, their altis is made in usa. ;p

But sorry, i never finish reading ur qn. You cannot get the non-mit from borneo motor in usa. Hehe.

I guess is individual perspective on car type / model bah. We respect one another's decision to buy what they deem as good car.

Which model is primary decision maker. Where the origin only comes into play when there is a choice. In general don't think a Toyota buyer will turn to Lancer just because where it is born, just for example, no offense.

If u want altis, will be MIT for now. Take it or leave it. If die die want non MIT, look for other model or make.

It's like US buyers asking why made in Mexico and not US, haven't come across such remarks become a real deal breaker.

As long as proper qc (from japan) is in place, doesn't really matter where it is made imho. 

Main dealbreaker would be issues which may arise from the technology used. my 2 cents

I think local buyers go for the Corolla in spite of the fact that it's Thai, rather than because it is.

Since they don't have an alternative, unlike the Sienta or Vezel, there is little to compare in terms of features, safety or QC.

So PIs should be lauded for keeping our ADs competitive, and if one day a Jap Corolla is available, we may yet see a surge in interest akin to the Vezel surge..

For now, WYSIWYG.. but I don't think I would buy a Lancer as an alternative..

I think local buyers go for the Corolla in spite of the fact that it's Thai, rather than because it is.

Since they don't have an alternative, unlike the Sienta or Vezel, there is little to compare in terms of features, safety or QC.

So PIs should be lauded for keeping our ADs competitive, and if one day a Jap Corolla is available, we may yet see a surge in interest akin to the Vezel surge..

For now, WYSIWYG.. but I don't think I would buy a Lancer as an alternative..

Corolla Axio

Length: 4,400mm

Width:   1,695mm

Height:  1,460mm

Wheelbase: 2,600mm

Corolla Altis

Length: 4,620mm

Width:   1,776mm

Height:  1,460mm

Wheelbase: 2,700mm

You sure Singaporean want to buy smaller car?

Corolla Axio

Length: 4,400mm

Width: 1,695mm

Height: 1,460mm

Wheelbase: 2,600mm

Corolla Altis

Length: 4,620mm

Width: 1,776mm

Height: 1,460mm

Wheelbase: 2,700mm

You sure Singaporean want to buy smaller car?

Sorry what you mean?

How big is 'big' and how small is 'small' depends on buyer's needs.

Sorry what you mean?

How big is 'big' and how small is 'small' depends on buyer's needs.

If that's the case, how come not many Axio on road le?

Made in Japan le.

If that's the case, how come not many Axio on road le?

Made in Japan le.

Size is just one of the elements to consider, not the only element. And also not always be the top priority.

I see many Altis with retractable side mirrors.

Not included with BM right?

Where u guys install from?

From malaysia and bm (about $131)

Some is use finger to press to retract, not auto retract

I see many Altis with retractable side mirrors.

Not included with BM right?

Where u guys install from?

I did this @ Auto Edition Trading for S$100 if I recall correctly. U may want to call and ask. This company do accessories installation for BM, Tan Chong and PI. I no longer use them as they want to charge me S$120 to install a front & bumper LED light which I eventuall did for S$60.

From malaysia and bm (about $131)

Some is use finger to press to retract, not auto retract

Huh? They can't be so free to manual press both sides everyday right?

But then again... some folks love their new cars...

esp some who keep the seats in plastic wraps. Lol

Huh? They can't be so free to manual press both sides everyday right?

But then again... some folks love their new cars...

esp some who keep the seats in plastic wraps. Lol

There is a button located at the driver side to retract both mirrors