2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

Turbocharged

Of course not.... it consists of various factors such as cost, reliability and so on. 

For me, the interior design is rather crucial to me as this is what I get to see EVERYDAY. The layout must makes sense and works for me. 

Hence, if the choices of the cars are equal in other aspects, I don't see the point of buying a car where the interior does not pleases me a single bit. In this case, it is the dashboard clock.  [;)]

Buy a magnetic or sticky pad, cover the 1999-esque digital clock with it, affix a nice Seiko or Citizen to it. :a-fun:

↡ Advertisement

The deal breaker for me of the altis is the basic looking clock that still sits right at the console... too old skool for my taste.

And they still have that in the facelift model... aiyoh.  :brzzzzz:

I think the dashboard area for the current altis is gear towards old skool style. Not only the clock, even the entire dashboard design looks like those 80s car. Either you like it or dont like it. Lol.

Edited by 13177

Buy a magnetic or sticky pad, cover the 1999-esque digital clock with it, affix a nice Seiko or Citizen to it. :a-fun:

Haha... good suggestion but a bit leh chei....  [laugh]  Better still, place a Apple Watch and use it like Apple CarPlay.  [smash]

I think the dashboard area for the current altis is gear towards old skool style. Not only the clock, even the entire dashboard design looks like those 80s car. Either you like it or dont like it. Lol.

That to me, its a bit disappointing as the outside was way better than the previous generations. 

• Praise 1

That to me, its a bit disappointing as the outside was way better than the previous generations.

I suppose u can't have everything. I've bought cars which didn't suit me 100% but cos it thicked most of the boxes. Then again, if u find it an eyesore, even if it ticks 99% of boxes, it may be a deal breaker! Goes to show that all of us have different benchmarks n as the saying goes "one man's meat is another man's poison"!

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

Haha... good suggestion but a bit leh chei....  [laugh]  Better still, place a Apple Watch and use it like Apple CarPlay.  [smash]

oei... I thought you say you care about design... very crucial!! :XD:

if you try, don't forget to remove the wrist strap. look dopey otherwise.

• Praise 1

Anyone has signed te promo package dont mind to share details package as u get :) ?

This is what my SE sent me.

A rundown of our prices. Prius C $95988 Altis $97988 (black interior) $95988 (ivory interior) standard and $103988 (black interior) $101988 (ivory interior) elegance. Prius $129988 Camry 2.0 $126988 Camry 2.5 $131988 Rav 4 $149988 Fortuner $182,988 Wish $104988 Standard $110988 Elegance Interest Promo 2.38% for 5 to 7 years loan min 50k!!! Terms and conditions apply. Call Me at 97626562 for more details. Sean Koh Borneo motors.

Sorry. Should have deleted the contact.

• Praise 2

A rundown of our prices. Prius C $95988 Altis $97988 (black interior) $95988 (ivory interior) standard and $103988 (black interior) $101988 (ivory interior) elegance. Prius $129988 Camry 2.0 $126988 Camry 2.5 $131988 Rav 4 $149988 Fortuner $182,988 Wish $104988 Standard $110988 Elegance Interest Promo 2.38% for 5 to 7 years loan min 50k!!! Terms and conditions apply. Call Me at 97626562 for more details. Sean Koh Borneo motors.

Elegance black interior need add 2k...alamak what logic is it :-o thought ivory interior are nicer from my personal point of view ...
  • Praise 1

where is Alphard & Vellfire?

• Praise 2

Elegance black interior need add 2k...alamak what logic is it :-o thought ivory interior are nicer from my personal point of view ...

I also blurred. When I booked previously, I preferred blacked, ivory seems the more popular among buyer

Consider my altis is still cheaper. I paid 101K for an elegance (free upgrade) black with black interior plus free blackvue dash cam 1ch but I top up $270 for 2ch and I ask for Yokohama types. Initially I wanted ivory interior to contra with black altis but my SE advised me to take black because ivory once get dirty can be seen very clearly and need to maintain it regularly. Now I found that the black leather looks nice :) Edited by AltisOwner

Altos at $94,988 is bang for buck.

I booked the previous model Altis for $98k in Feb 2013 and was out bidder by a dollar in the last minute at 3.59pm. Asked to top up. Refused and got back deposit

I booked the previous model Altis for $98k in Feb 2013 and was out bidder by a dollar in the last minute at 3.59pm. Asked to top up. Refused and got back deposit

So bro what car are u riding now :)

Elegance now still can get at 101k I think ...

Ivory interior is indeed nicer but difficult to maintain. Ask any practical buyer and they will tell u to get dark leather as sweat stains the leather over time unless u willing to DIY or send for regular upkeep which most don't. My guess is not black need to pay $2k more but ivory gets a $2k discount.

• Praise 5

Wow bro, if u get it @98k then, it really is a great deal. So I assume that even in high COE time, still can find car under $100k. In my opinion, I feel that BM is capable of lowering down car price down to 95k if COE in the range of 40K+++.

I was told previously that BM employed someone who used to sell condom to run the business when I comment that Altis price fluctuate a lot and nvr reflect true value.

Consider my altis is still cheaper. I paid 101K for an elegance (free upgrade) black with black interior plus free blackvue dash cam 1ch but I top up $270 for 2ch and I ask for Yokohama types. Initially I wanted ivory interior to contra with black altis but my SE advised me to take black because ivory once get dirty can be seen very clearly and need to maintain it regularly. Now I found that the black leather looks nice :)

Agree with you. Back then, I have to decide on pearly white with ivory or super white with black interior. I like pearly white but want black interior. In the end, I decided to go for black interior.

I find that for the black interior, if we add a subtle bit of contrast color like red, it look quite nice. My only complaint about black leather seat does not come with red sewing threads.

Ivory interior is indeed nicer but difficult to maintain. Ask any practical buyer and they will tell u to get dark leather as sweat stains the leather over time unless u willing to DIY or send for regular upkeep which most don't. My guess is not black need to pay $2k more but ivory gets a $2k discount.

The fact is it doesn't checked and confirm black pay add 2k while ivory no top up :-o

Anyway personal I feel that ivory interior are nicer with diff interior colour tone :)

So bro what car are u riding now :)

Elegance now still can get at 101k I think ...

Ended up with a used Passat 1.8 , at $9.5K anual dep. No regrets. 

Never expected it to be more economical than Altis 1.6. [laugh]

post-27974-0-75476200-1472960917.jpg

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement