2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

Altis price has been raised by $9K to $119K

Despite Cat A COE rose only $5.5K [hur]

Wow... The rock will say it's easy on the pocket n reliable plus big rear seat thus even sell 190k also worth it

I believe they factor in VES thingy.

$119K is for 2017 stock, before the $10K VES (Vehicle Emission Scheme).

If COE remains at current levels, Altis will cost $129K from Jan 2018 (inclusive $10K VES)

$119K is for 2017 stock, before the $10K VES (Vehicle Emission Scheme).

If COE remains at current levels, Altis will cost $129K from Jan 2018 (inclusive $10K VES)

Still cheap, no 150k for altis no talk.

for standard or elegance model ?

$119K for Elegance model.

Come Jan, because of CEVS, it will be $129K if COE remains at current levels

I thought the car was about $110000 when COE was in $50k region

And that as omv is in the same region as the previous version,but coe is lowered by a few thousand as compared to then at the start of the year , isn’t the increase ridiculous when they previously priced the current facelift as the same as the pre facelift?

Sorry to say this to get it off my chest.

Thanks.

• Praise 1

I thought the car was about $110000 when COE was in $50k region

And that as omv is in the same region as the previous version,but coe is lowered by a few thousand as compared to then at the start of the year , isnât the increase ridiculous when they previously priced the current facelift as the same as the pre facelift?

Sorry to say this to get it off my chest.

Thanks.

There r a bunch of hardcore Toyota die hard fans r gonna give u dislike n quote u on this.

They can't accept the facts that ppl feel uncomfortable when the price is not right

A made in Thai car with plastic interior wanted to price their car like audi or high end jap car like Infiniti. Wow lao

Actually we were driving Toyotas for more than ten years

We actually sought to buy a toyota for our next new car , but the competition was so compelling that we did not get the toyota

Toyotas are good in that they are easy to drive and that they do not cause problems for the Drivers

For now, I vote for its competition for its price , but if the competition gives too much trouble than it is worth, I will pay the extra premium to get a toyota for our next new car.

Thanks.

Actually we were driving Toyotas for more than ten years

We actually sought to buy a toyota for our next new car , but the competition was so compelling that we did not get the toyota

Toyotas are good in that they are easy to drive and that they do not cause problems for the Drivers

For now, I vote for its competition for its price , but if the competition gives too much trouble than it is worth, I will pay the extra premium to get a toyota for our next new car.

Thanks.

Why not consider the nearest competitor that doesn't suffer from ves? Say the Honda civic?

Comes with rear aircon and a suite of treats from kah too?

• Praise 2

Why not consider the nearest competitor that doesn't suffer from ves? Say the Honda civic?

Comes with rear aircon and a suite of treats from kah too?

Thanks.

Yes,the Honda Civic is a good car,but we never quite looked at it as it is quite out of our budget.

We were looking at cars below $100,000 around September and only the Altis eco version was below $100,000 by a bit and civic was almost $108,000.

We bought a 1.6L all wheel drive sedan in the end.(Hope nobody will tell me that this is the most dumbest thing to do on earth)

Thanks for recommending the Honda Civic.I owe you some praises!

• Praise 1

$119K for Elegance model.

Come Jan, because of CEVS, it will be $129K if COE remains at current levels

I think this price already include the CEVS.

Anyway heard that book now only able to get next year Feb or march thus they include the 10k CEVS to the price list.

They will refund the 10k if anything changes.

• Praise 1

I think this price already include the CEVS.

Anyway heard that book now only able to get next year Feb or march thus they include the 10k CEVS to the price list.

They will refund the 10k if anything changes.

If I were them I will wait for the new stock of eco model. Maybe the ves charge wouldn't be so high.

Their strategy may be to clear the current elegance models first before the eco stocks are back.

It's not too prudent to pay the same ves charge as the Camry and harrier turbo when the output is so much lower.

The 10k ves penalty will add another 1k to annual deprecation and when placed side by side with the cheaper cars like civic and other Korean rides not affected by ves, resale may likely be difficult with a higher depreciation.

Toyota is likely to find models that are not heavily affected by ves, possibly the striped down eco version, to compete in the market, otherwise it will find itself trailing behind.

Edited by Invigorated

Thanks.

Yes,the Honda Civic is a good car,but we never quite looked at it as it is quite out of our budget.

We were looking at cars below $100,000 around September and only the Altis eco version was below $100,000 by a bit and civic was almost $108,000.

We bought a 1.6L all wheel drive sedan in the end.(Hope nobody will tell me that this is the most dumbest thing to do on earth)

Thanks for recommending the Honda Civic.I owe you some praises!

eh the eco model around sep was $89k. way below $100k. that why jumped in immediately to buy. driving for 1 month. the next model is standard which cost around $104k. the differences are 16 sports rim and fog lights. that all