2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

Can't really advice u cos we all have different circumstances, finances etc so to each his own. However some points to consider will be:

1) your current car any issue? BTW, my friend had a mid 2009 Altis which he traded in with Borneo n they gave him $30k so this could be a benchmark for u. Think they selling $34-$35k on sgcarmart but this are sellers/ dealers price so likely true value is in between. U could get better selling your own but they give a $1k loyalty rebate if u trade in n further $300 vouchers I think so likely u gain only abit if u sell on your own so maybe less hassle to trade in.

2)The new model is only a facelift so basic shape is there. Besides the cosmetic changes, im not sure if there are added features so really can't tell if it's worth to wait but likely price will be at least $5k more cos Mz3 is selling $5k more for their facelift model so I used this as benchmark.

The above is points for u to ponder over, good luck on your decision making!

Thanks everyone for your advice thus far.

Actually my current car has 190k mileage. quite high. recent years have changed quite a few parts adding up to 1 to 2k. Alternator just changed so I'm worried other parts may have issues soon.

Which is why want to change although still got 2 more years left.

I'm also torn between altis vs Kia K3. The sales at Kia was willing to let me buy at their promo price without me taking any loan so I save on interest. But Borneo insist I take a 30k / 1 year loan which will cost me 800+ in interests. But all in all, Borneo price is still cheaper (plus 5 years free servicing, though that's not a lot of money) than the K3 offered due to impending facelift.

Any thoughts abt K3 vs Altis? 

↡ Advertisement

Somehow I didn't see your logic leh. To compare, you need to keep certain aspect constant, like COE. If you get that old model car at $100K, you are saying with new model coming out, the old model will stay at the same price or even higher?

Your old car with lower depreciation cost will make you save money if your sell it earlier? This part I cannot be sure unless the SE is willing to take your old car at extremely high value. If this is true that he is willing to depreciate your car at more than $12K per year, that car you are buying will be dropping like crazy soon. [laugh]

Ya!

If new model price same as 100k,then your old model will depreciation a lot higher.

But agent normally wont price this way,if not who will buy the old model?

So better hope new model price alot higher but with better spec,naturally it will be higher price unless coe drop a lot.

Actually my current car has 190k mileage. quite high. recent years have changed quite a few parts adding up to 1 to 2k. Alternator just changed so I'm worried other parts may have issues soon.

I'm also torn between altis vs Kia K3. The sales at Kia was willing to let me buy at their promo price without me taking any loan so I save on interest. But Borneo insist I take a 30k / 1 year loan which will cost me 800+ in interests. But all in all, Borneo price is still cheaper (plus 5 years free servicing, though that's not a lot of money) than the K3 offered due to impending facelift.

Hi Brother, I have taken up a 30K loan for 1 year for my Altis too and the SE gave me a further rebate of 1.2K so in a way I didn't pay for the interest on loan. Not that because I 0wn a Altis but comparatively Altis is more reliable and better resell value than Kia K3.  This is just my opinion for your consideration.

My wife's subaru will be due to expiry this coming June and she will take over my Altis. I will be looking for a Camry or some other car soon.

• Praise 2

In altis thead,naturally people will say altis is better la,Haha!

But if you like to play a lot of tech gadgets,then k3 is better.

A more simple car will give you less headache in the long run.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Brother, I have taken up a 30K loan for 1 year for my Altis too and the SE gave me a further rebate of 1.2K so in a way I didn't pay for the interest on loan. Not that because I 0wn a Altis but comparatively Altis is more reliable and better resell value than Kia K3.  This is just my opinion for your consideration.

My wife's subaru will be due to expiry this coming June and she will take over my Altis. I will be looking for a Camry or some other car soon.

Hi bro.

Yes, agree that Altis likely higher resale value.

Can share your detailed package (and the SE's name) ?

Did you need to trade in?

For me (besides taking loan):

- 2000 drive happy discount

- 1000 trade in disc

= 99488

Pls share your SE's name / contact. he / she seem good.

• Praise 1

Some bros here are asking if the new facelift would be priced "a lot higher". I do not have the insider info but my thought is it should not. Assuming COE being constant, then the new facelift would be priced slightly higher than the current 99.9k but it should be about max max 5k above the current model. Simply because

1. this is a facelift, not a new design.

2. They have the new civic to content with, which is selling at about 110k, they cannot get too close to civic price in order to stay competitive. Generally, civic customers may not be the same group of altis customers but price is critical in this segment.

3. They may skim on features to keep the price at certain level. Meaning you may get less features as compare to the current model.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Some bros here are asking if the new facelift would be priced "a lot higher". I do not have the insider info but my thought is it will not. Assuming COE being constant, then the new facelift would be price slightly higher than the current 99.9k but it should be about max max 5k above the current model. Simply because

1. this is a facelift, not a new design.

2. They have the new civic to content with, which is selling at about 110k, they cannot get too close to civic price in order to stay competitive. Generally, civic customers may not be the same group of altis customers but price is critical in this segment.

3. They may skim on feature to keep the price at certain level. Meaning you may get less feature as compare to the current model.

There is a flaw here.  The $99K prices gives BM a near zero profit margin.  How to run a business like this in long term?  For run-out model maybe OK because it is short period of time and they are clearing stocks (and maybe Toyota also give discount to them for clearing old model).

I think a minimum of $10K profit margin is more realistic. So maybe around 110-115K for new model is more tenable.

• Praise 1

There is a flaw here.  The $99K prices gives BM a near zero profit margin.  How to run a business like this in long term?  For run-out model maybe OK because it is short period of time and they are clearing stocks (and maybe Toyota also give discount to them for clearing old model).

I think a minimum of $10K profit margin is more realistic. So maybe around 110-115K for new model is more tenable.

you are correct too but as I said, Civic is going at 110k which have about the same OMV as that of Altis, there is a limit as to how much they could price it.  And I also mentioned that they might skim on feature to keep their price at certain level, meaning they may configure the car to be about 19K OMV there about so that they could price it competitively .  The total cost of current model is about 97k, so 10k profit would make it to 107k. you are quite there. But is 107k  consider "a lot higher" is subjective. 

you are correct too but as I said, Civic is going at 110k which have about the same OMV as that of Altis, there is a limit as to how much they could price it.  And I also mentioned that they might skim on feature to keep their price at certain level, meaning they may configure the car to be about 19K OMV there about so that they could price it competitively .  The total cost of current model is about 97k, so 10k profit would make it to 107k. you are quite there. But is 107k  consider "a lot higher" is subjective. 

maybe back to old practice where bare "basic" model at 107K and elegance at 113K+

Yes, they will squeeze out everything to lower their costs.

They install a lot of things locally and will cut out features.

Hi bro.

- 1000 trade in disc

= 99488

It sounds like you are trying really really hard to squeeze out every penny of your budget to get this car?

The Corolla sounds more trouble free and offers free servicing.

If you wait for the 2017, you may post about how much more it is, how to cut cost there etc etc.

If you drive this car for 10 years, then buying the older model won't matter that much.

The free servicing is quite important when you are trying to squeeze every penny out..

Hi Brother, I have taken up a 30K loan for 1 year for my Altis too and the SE gave me a further rebate of 1.2K so in a way I didn't pay for the interest on loan. Not that because I 0wn a Altis but comparatively Altis is more reliable and better resell value than Kia K3. This is just my opinion for your consideration.

Hi

Can share what kind of rebate is this 1.2k?

My SE didn't give me anything. and the trade in also quite bad, so need to topup $500 if I don't trade in.

Also, he mentioned the new FL model with be priced around $106k....FYI

• Praise 2

If I'm in the market for a car now, I would buy the pre-facelift Altis at $99.9K cos this is a reliable car with good resale value and comes with 5yr warranty and 5yr free servicing so almost a no brainer if you ask me.

I'm not so bothered about the new facelift model as likely it will only be cosmetic in nature but I'm hearing there could be more airbags? This is about the only reason I may hesitate if this can be confirmed cos frankly in this day and age, most cars come with 6 airbags standard, my 2 cents.

• Praise 5

Neutral Newbie

If I'm in the market for a car now, I would buy the pre-facelift Altis at $99.9K cos this is a reliable car with good resale value and comes with 5yr warranty and 5yr free servicing so almost a no brainer if you ask me.

I'm not so bothered about the new facelift model as likely it will only be cosmetic in nature but I'm hearing there could be more airbags? This is about the only reason I may hesitate if this can be confirmed cos frankly in this day and age, most cars come with 6 airbags standard, my 2 cents.

Would any of you consider a Hyundai Elantra at about $6k more but comes with blind spot detection, smart trunk, ventiliated seats, 4 extra air bags?

• Praise 1

Would any of you consider a Hyundai Elantra at about $6k more but comes with blind spot detection, smart trunk, ventiliated seats, 4 extra air bags?

Can consider esp the blind spot detection and extra airbags are very useful for safety reasons. Ventilated seats and smart trunk are good to have, not a must have in my opinion.

• Praise 3

The new model is likely to have a couple of variants at least.

The basic one with a lower price tag, and less features for those who must squeeze the max out, and still own the Corolla, with it's reputation.

Then the higher range one with more functions and safety features.

That way, Toyota does not lose it's customer base, who are mostly civil servants looking for a practical and reliable car that doesn't cost too much, and is easy to maintain. Airbags being optional.

97,888 for Elegance?

Borneo currently selling at 102888 for non guaranteed coe. How did your friend get 97888?

I actually booked one today. After discount is about 100k. Will the price drop further after face lift stock comes in?

No. Once the facelifted comes in, the old ones will not be selling.

Yes, it can be confirmed. More airbags and traction control in the new facelift.

The new facelift will have these extra airbags and many new features. Elantra will lose its competitiveness very soon.

The new facelift will have these extra airbags and many new features. Elantra will lose its competitiveness very soon.

Do consider the fact that the current Altis is selling at very small profit or even at small loss because they are selling off current stocks soon in order to get new facelifted version to come.

• Praise 1

Hi

Can share what kind of rebate is this 1.2k?

My SE didn't give me anything. and the trade in also quite bad, so need to topup $500 if I don't trade in.

Also, he mentioned the new FL model with be priced around $106k....FYI

106K is elegance model or basic model?

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hi bro.

- 1000 trade in disc

= 99488

Hi Brother, my SE is Magdalence Chan. I refer to my Retail Coustomer Order, there was a Finance Discount of $2,400 (not $1.2K I've mentioned earlier) and this Finance Discount is given if I take up a minimum load of $30K @ 2.78% for 1 year.  I total paid $101K for an upgarded Elegance version without trade-in. 

Details package:

Price     114,500

Loyalty    1,000

Finance Discount     2,400

Insurance discount      500

Upgrade to Elegance  7,000

Special discount      1,600

SG50 celebration discount  1,000

Total Net paid - 101,000

She is good. My deal was a 3 months non garanteed coe but I got my coe in 1 bid.

Edited by AltisOwner
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1