2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

Neutral Newbie

Yes, they will squeeze out everything to lower their costs.

They install a lot of things locally and will cut out features.

It sounds like you are trying really really hard to squeeze out every penny of your budget to get this car?

The Corolla sounds more trouble free and offers free servicing.

If you wait for the 2017, you may post about how much more it is, how to cut cost there etc etc.

If you drive this car for 10 years, then buying the older model won't matter that much.

The free servicing is quite important when you are trying to squeeze every penny out..

Of course we look for best deal and bargain price. If that's squeezing every penny then yes. You means you don't bargain when you buy?
↡ Advertisement

Bro

You can't have everything

You want to worry about facelift version and you want the best deal for the current car. Then you want the best list of freebies.

If you squeeze them dry maybe they bid low for your COE ?

To me now would be the best time to own since bm are clearing stock now, new facelift might feel shiok but the price may give u shock too as dont think it will cheap esp if thy bring in at q3 or q4 where quote might not as much as recent few bids ...

• Praise 1

To me now would be the best time to own since bm are clearing stock now, new facelift might feel shiok but the price may give u shock too as dont think it will cheap esp if thy bring in at q3 or q4 where quote might not as much as recent few bids ...

It won't be in Q3 or Q4. It will be very soon. I don't think price will be a shock. It should be similar or cheaper than Civic.

Yeah

It doesn't mean that just because it's the 2017 model, you will see it on 1st Jan :)

Typically the Corolla is ten percent cheaper than the civic.

But that depends on the specs.

The top spec is likely to have the full spec of safety features and thus have a higher OMV and cost more.

It won't be in Q3 or Q4. It will be very soon. I don't think price will be a shock. It should be similar or cheaper than Civic.

If same price as civic, I wonder who will buy altis
  • Praise 1

If same price as civic, I wonder who will buy altis

Plenty bro

Members here aren't reflective of the buying public.

It's sleek enough, reliable and has better build. Easier for the driver to get and simple to park.

Same level of depleted safety so no difference.

Newer engine too and more economical.

Plenty bro

It's sleek enough, reliable and has better build. Easier for the driver to get and simple to park.

I also how would these market of buyers change their mind? Maybe 120k made in china altis with no power steering and window, stop them from buying?

I also how would these market of buyers change their mind? Maybe 120k made in china altis with no power steering and window, stop them from buying?

It wasn't so long ago that the Corolla was selling for 120k with minimal features.. the buyers will comfort themselves and say, less electronics, more reliable.. 

Didn't we have a recommendation thread where the buyer wanted no electronics? So there will always be takers. They aren't the top selling for nothing..

It wasn't so long ago that the Corolla was selling for 120k with minimal features.. the buyers will comfort themselves and say, less electronics, more reliable..

Didn't we have a recommendation thread where the buyer wanted no electronics? So there will always be takers. They aren't the top selling for nothing..

There will always have fools in the market.

I think that time the COEs was on the high side? even vezel  selling for about $130k

Did any of their supporters requesting for 4speed auto gear. Or maybe Toyota will use back the 06 altis version, put halogen drl and sell for $160k

There will always have fools in the market.

I won't call them fools la.. the Corolla fits a certain segment of the driving population and they are willing to pay for it.

And these are loyal customers..

Plenty bro

Just to add on, the new Altis will have more airbags. Civic 1.6NA only has 2 airbags. So safety is also better for the new Altis.

• Praise 3

Hi wdldalian, do you happen to got info on whether the new facelift altis has keyless entry for both front and passenger door? If we are taking the Taiwan version, I thought should have, seen some review online in some websites. I am not sure if I should wait for the new facelift.

Just to add on, the new Altis will have more airbags. Civic 1.6NA only has 2 airbags. So safety is also better for the new Altis.

• Praise 2

The new model may have a few lines. The more budget one catering to those who don't care about airbags and only want to have the lowest price, and the higher end ones with the full suite of safety features.. let's see. I hope they do what Hyundai did for the Elantra and make the six airbags standard across all models. Don't allow Borneo to scrimp.

• Praise 2

Hi wdldalian, do you happen to got info on whether the new facelift altis has keyless entry for both front and passenger door? If we are taking the Taiwan version, I thought should have, seen some review online in some websites. I am not sure if I should wait for the new facelift.

For this, I'm not sure. You may want to check with your SE. I think the spec for the new Altis is already out. They just cannot publish it before the car arrives.

SE say he doesn't know anything yet. Maybe he trying to push for sales for current facelift and so not revealing any information.

For this, I'm not sure. You may want to check with your SE. I think the spec for the new Altis is already out. They just cannot publish it before the car arrives.

↡ Advertisement