2017 Toyota Corolla Altis new Facelift

AltisOwner

SE say he doesn't know anything yet. Maybe he trying to push for sales for current facelift and so not revealing any information.

Maybe you can check the Thailand 1.6 version, coz ours should be made in Thailand. The spec might be similar. The spec for Thailand version is available at their website.

↡ Advertisement

Maybe you can check the Thailand 1.6 version, coz ours should be made in Thailand. The spec might be similar. The spec for Thailand version is available at their website.

I don't put my money on the specs being the same..

Borneo may scrimp on safety and other specs.

As it is, the aircon, leather seats and sometimes rims are installed locally..

Hoping they really don't scrimp on the safety front by bringing in the version with 7 airbags and VSC.

No worry. This has been confirmed by my SE. The new Altis will have more airbags and VSC. That's why I am waiting for it.

No worry. This has been confirmed by my SE. The new Altis will have more airbags and VSC. That's why I am waiting for it.

That's good, whats the price like?

Makes sense , VSC is critical and more airbags will be good. My preference has been civic 1.5T but the seating position is too low. Now i may will have another less expensive alternative.
  • Praise 1

That's great to hear! Any idea how the new model is going to be offered, like pre-facelift Standard and Elegance? Hope the price wouldn't be significantly increased with the added safety gear!

Thailand has several versions and most of them come with HIll start assist and 7 airbags. Only mentioned smart entry. Selected versions come with LED headlamps and I like that.

I think 1 additional air bag already about 2k.

Makes sense , VSC is critical and more airbags will be good. My preference has been civic 1.5T but the seating position is too low. Now i may will have another less expensive alternative.

• Praise 1

Thailand has several versions and most of them come with HIll start assist and 7 airbags. Only mentioned smart entry. Selected versions come with LED headlamps and I like that.

I think 1 additional air bag already about 2k.

That will be the issue...

Since there are version with less safety features, I think Borneo will be tempted to bring these in. They know Singaporeans well, and will let them have want they want:

Cheap Corollas.

Below is the spec for Thailand 1.6G. Close to what I guess BM will be bringing in. But they remove 2 airbags and the hill start assist. And I hope they put in LED headlamps.

Standard Price 869,000 Baht *

Halogen Headlamp

LED Daytime Running Lights

Side Mirror with Turn Signal, Power Adjustable

Auto Folding

Door Belt Moulding

Hood Silencer

Power Windows with Jam-Protection for Driver

AM / FM / CD / MP3 / WMA 6 Speakers

3 Positions USB Connector

Eco Meter

AUX / USB Connector at Front

Push Start

Smart Entry

Whiplash Injury Lessening

Rear Window Defogger

HAC (Hill-start Assist Control)

7 SRS Airbag

Since there are version with less safety features, I think Borneo will be tempted to bring these in. They know Singaporeans well, and will let them have want they want:

Cheap Corollas.

Below is the spec for Thailand 1.6G. Close to what I guess BM will be bringing in. But they remove 2 airbags and the hill start assist. And I hope they put in LED headlamps.

Halogen Headlamp

Auto Folding

Door Belt Moulding

Hood Silencer

Eco Meter

Push Start

Smart Entry

Rear Window Defogger

7 SRS Airbag

My take is if they are to stick to 2 airbags, at least make VSC standard across the Altis range, it was the main safety feature missing from Altis which most rival models have.

We can only wait for the official launch to see how BM spec up the Altis this time round. Hoping launch will come really soon.

Edited by Thecarboy302

Halogen Headlamp

Auto Folding

Door Belt Moulding

Hood Silencer

Eco Meter

Push Start

Smart Entry

Rear Window Defogger

7 SRS Airbag

Let me see if I can predict the version that will arrive.

A top of the line one with the works, maybe all LED lights, 

And the lower end version which caters to the cost conscious buyers who still want a Corolla:

Halogen Headlamp
LED Daytime Running Lights - MAYBE
Side Mirror with Turn Signal, Power Adjustable - MISSING
Auto Folding -MISSING
Door Belt Moulding
Hood Silencer - MISSING
AM / FM / CD / MP3 / WMA 6 Speakers - LOCAL SET
Eco Meter
Push Start
Smart Entry - MAYBE
Rear Window Defogger
HAC (Hill-start Assist Control) - MISSING
7 SRS Airbag - TWO BAGS

Minus any free service
Higher loan rates

That is what I think the standard edition might have and cost 5-6k less... but it will have velor or local leather which is in more demand than safety bits..
Edited by therock

Cheap Corollas.

Cheap corollas?? It's one of the most ex sedan in sg market.

"They" knew the characteristics of their supporters hence they bring in the lowest spec, their members also dare not dont buy la

What you predict below looks like the current standard edition.

i think the day time running light and smart entry will be missing.

Let me see if I can predict the version that will arrive.

A top of the line one with the works, maybe all LED lights,

And the lower end version which caters to the cost conscious buyers who still want a Corolla:

Halogen Headlamp

LED Daytime Running Lights - MAYBE

Side Mirror with Turn Signal, Power Adjustable - MISSING

Auto Folding -MISSING

Door Belt Moulding

Hood Silencer - MISSING

AM / FM / CD / MP3 / WMA 6 Speakers - LOCAL SET

Eco Meter

Push Start

Smart Entry - MAYBE

Rear Window Defogger

HAC (Hill-start Assist Control) - MISSING

7 SRS Airbag - TWO BAGS

That is what I think the standard edition might have and cost 5-6k less... but it will have velor or local leather which is in more demand than safety bits..

The Kia k3 is better equipped and cost lesser. But the rear seat floor has the 'hump' at the center. The front console design also a bit not my type. I like the k3 rear LED light design best. The brake light is like a toppled 'V' . But honestly the altis front console design also boring. Well.. There is no perfect car .

Cheap corollas?? It's one of the most ex sedan in sg market.

"They" knew the characteristics of their supporters hence they bring in the lowest spec, their members also dare not dont buy la

Edited by Inspiring1804
  • Praise 1

The Kia k3 is better equipped and cost lesser. But the rear seat floor has the 'hump' at the center. The front console design also a bit not my type. I like the k3 rear LED light design best. The brake light is like a toppled 'V' . But honestly the altis front console design also boring. Well.. There is no perfect car .

Ya K3 interior looks good n spacious. Exterior is modern too, and its like 10k + cheaper

Altis should price their car lower in order to stay competitive in future

My take is if they are to stick to 2 airbags, at least make VSC standard across the Altis range, it was the main safety feature missing from Altis which most rival models have.

We can only wait for the official launch to see how BM spec up the Altis this time round. Hoping launch will come really soon.

Traction control is part of the Dynamic Stability Control, was made mandatory by european union in 2009 and in US by 2012. LTA allows all these cheapo manufacturer to cut corner at the expense of the safety of the owners and passengers.

Ya K3 interior looks good n spacious. Exterior is modern too, and its like 10k + cheaper

Altis should price their car lower in order to stay competitive in future

If I am Borneo I won't go any lower.

Why compete with what Toyota owners perceive as a lower model?

They are already the top selling, and should continue to be so, given their loyal fan base. 

Borneo doesn't need MCF buyers, the majority of buyers aren't in this forum. 

They keep with the low OMV, higher price model and if they sell about the same amount, it's a good year..

The problem was that their margins have gone down, with VFM models like the Wish, and cut throat margins on the run out 2016 Corolla.

So cutting margins will only lead to more job lay offs for them.

The new year is promising. The new facelift model looks good, building on an already popular model, add a few more safety and other features, restore the previous price tag and margin, and they make more, selling less. Already their sales staff are more busy than they can cope.

Add on the new Camry, which looks good with many positive features, and even the CHR around the corner, it looks like a good year for Toyota. 

So there is no reason for them to go cheap and compete with the Koreans on price.

↡ Advertisement