Thread for Discussion on Reason for Deleted Threads?

Darryn

Turbocharged

From time to time threads will be dissappeared, for what we can only presume are valid reasons -

would it be worthwhile noting which threads are made to dissappear and why?

perhaps this could also be combined with a reason for bannings or other editing decisions so that we can better understand what is going on?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)

I am for it, but if normal users are allowed to post, this sort of thing is considered "rabble-rousing" 99.99% of the time on most forums (and yes, it gets brought up *all* the time in almost all forums).

Would be better if it were made a simple "log" for admins and mods to document the threads closed, renamed or merged with a brief reason as to why. Replying is locked for ordinary users. That should keep the peace while improving openness and accountability. Grievances can be sent via PM.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

i dont think most threads there get deleted.

from my experience with the mods. usually they will just merge with existing thread or lock. seldom will delete outside if ever.

if i may make a minor suggestion, perhaps can send a pm or soemthing to tell us our thread was merged with another. sometimes, i log in and totally don't know what happened to it. haha

• Praise 1

1.  Most are merged as most still DUN KNOW HOW TO SEARCH

2.  Threads never get deleted and are moved to a 'secret garden' should there be any contention.  Stays as evidence there.

agree with @turboflat4 and reasons are there.  

Again, I mention, we cannot PLEASE ALL and there will be riffraffs like @darryn who try to be funny at  a certain time of month hahhaha

From time to time threads will be dissappeared, for what we can only presume are valid reasons -

would it be worthwhile noting which threads are made to dissappear and why?

perhaps this could also be combined with a reason for bannings or other editing decisions so that we can better understand what is going on?

I say this,

sometimes decisions are made based on a judgement call!  

WE are not Gods, and so far as I have been a mod, I do make decisions based on the MAJORITY of grouses that affect a certain opinion and thus do the needful.  Then you have seen the mutiny efforts against me, I leave you to think if i had NOT made such, where would this place be?

Balance is key!

i dont think most threads there get deleted.

from my experience with the mods. usually they will just merge with existing thread or lock. seldom will delete outside if ever.

if i may make a minor suggestion, perhaps can send a pm or soemthing to tell us our thread was merged with another. sometimes, i log in and totally don't know what happened to it. haha

well, one we merge, if you had posted, it shd link there

bottom line is be responsible and SEARCH.  You think MODs so free ah to search for you?

Liddat, then i wun bother to moerge, etc, let all hell run loose here, Ai mai?

2.  Threads never get deleted and are moved to a 'secret garden' should there be any contention.  Stays as evidence there.

Again, I mention, we cannot PLEASE ALL and there will be riffraffs like @darryn who try to be funny at  a certain time of month hahhaha

I say this,

WE are not Gods, and so far as I have been a mod, I do make decisions based on the MAJORITY of grouses that affect a certain opinion and thus do the needful.  Then you have seen the mutiny efforts against me, I leave you to think if i had NOT made such, where would this place be?

Balance is key!

bottom line is be responsible and SEARCH.  You think MODs so free ah to search for you?

purge3-screencap.jpg

I say this,

Balance is key!

purge3-screencap.jpg

muahahhaah

ok 

I RESIGN!  Let hell break loose

anyway 7 mth open next mth so hell open anyway...hmmm, no wonder @darryn so devlish...

Mod, don't ban me

Where is the merc thread?

Run roaddddddd

nb....NAZIl6 :grin:

merc thread shows that TS had an agenda

Turbocharged

I say this,

Balance is key!

Eh.....

Hello---

I am not a riff raff!!

I am a proletariat great unwashed cur!

muahahhaah

ok 

I RESIGN!  Let hell break loose

anyway 7 mth open next mth so hell open anyway...hmmm, no wonder @darryn so devlish...

nb....NAZIl6 :grin:

I know la

Both of u kenna drag into it unnecessarily even though i know your comment is harmless.

V12 ftw

Eh.....

Hello---

I am not a riff raff!!

I am a proletariat great unwashed cur!

lol....shagger :grin:  :grin:  [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

Not an agenda as such...

I just got a notification about the thread, tried to click but was "denied access"...

So I am curious about where it went and why...didn't see anything contentious about it...unless it was merged?  In which case wouldn't a locking and link be the good way to go?

lol....shagger :grin:  :grin:  [thumbsup]

this one special for you...

post-52759-0-96006500-1468822677_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Not an agenda as such...

I just got a notification about the thread, tried to click but was "denied access"...

So I am curious about where it went and why...didn't see anything contentious about it...unless it was merged?  In which case wouldn't a locking and link be the good way to go?

Well, TS started teh tread and SGMERC mod posted rationale, so the thread is still arnd, but not for peasants like you to see [grin]

It will be arnd for evidence if need be

nuff said

Not an agenda as such...

@vratenza my Da Vinci, deal with this sheep

Don't worry.... your access to the threads are not denied as much as for the sheeps....

:D

Not an agenda as such...

kns....had to pager me in between a fractured distal radius and an angina pectoris... :D

Well, TS started teh tread and SGMERC mod posted rationale, so the thread is still arnd, but not for peasants like you to see [grin]

It will be arnd for evidence if need be

nuff said

@vratenza my Da Vinci, deal with this sheep

post-24957-0-75595400-1468824397_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Don't worry.... your access to the threads are not denied as much as for the sheeps....

:D

kns....had to pager me in between a fractured distal radius and an angina pectoris... :D

lollll....can alwes count on you buddy :grin:  [thumbsup]

as you can see, we tend to be more open minded and we all agree to disagree and most here are on the same wavelength.  AS long as one is civil and not IMPOSE his/her rights, we all can get along here

pls, there is already so much war and animosity/hatred out there, let's keep this online space civil so we can exchange views in the most friendly way

PEace out

When was the last time David Copperfield was in MCF???.............2 years ago???.............didnt know he appears again today until I log in again............. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]  

Oh...................so the Merc thread disappear ah???...............isnt it just another " I buay song I go air it out somewhere" kind of thread..............what the big deal it has to be send to secret garden............

wah lau..............now post in MCF really more and more stressful.................  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I will say this........ that thread, no one will really miss it anyway....except for @Darryn when he panic after he saw the "access denied" 

It brings out the subconscious primal fear in him.... :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1