• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1162 replies to this topic | 3,010 praises

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:44 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Let me start a new thread since BPL beginning in 3 weeks time.

I am sure this year new BPL season will be the most watch all over the world because of the top class managers in one league and the most expensive & talk about players.   :a-m1212:

Let starts our ranting of the Premier League teams for 16/17 season. [smash]

Top of the List

What a way to start a new season .. :a-happy:

Red cards for referee abuse introduced as Premier League tackles 'intolerable behaviour'

The Premier League, English Football League and Football Association have outlined new laws to target "intolerable behaviour" in English football.

Beginning this season, red cards will now be issued to players who aim offensive or abusive language or gestures at referees during matches.

Yellow cards will be shown to any player who runs to confront an official about a decision, while a referee may book at least one player if they are surrounded by two or more team-mates.

Behaviour in technical areas will also be more strictly enforced as part of the plans to curb poor conduct, which the Premier League claims has reached "unacceptable levels". 

The highest number of yellow cards accrued by one team for dissent in the Premier League last season was West Brom, who picked up nine.

"We and our clubs have been discussing for some time concerns that certain elements of player behaviour are overstepping the mark and it is our collective position that these types of behaviour should no longer be tolerated," said Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore.

"Things happen in the heat of the moment during fast and highly competitive football; we still want to see the passion fans enjoy and demand, but players and managers have to be aware there are lines that should not be crossed."

According to the statement, offences which could earn a yellow card now include:

- Visibly disrespectful behaviour to any match official
- An aggressive response to decisions
- Confronting an official face to face
- Running towards an official to contest a decision
- Physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner
- When two or more players surround a match official (at least one yellow card will be shown)

Red cards will be shown when:

- Players confront match officials and use offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards them
- Players use physical contact with officials in an aggressive or confrontational manner

Link : https://sg.sports.ya...-120544160.html

First on the list likely to be shown the RED card, Vardy ... :XD:

Attached Thumbnails

• Vardy.jpg

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15, 22 July 2016 - 10:56 AM.

Getzsfv, Ktglfc, cashcow and Spring praised this

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:15 AM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

πŸ‘πŸΌ

Not looking forward to the season... maybe that'll change if/when Arsene confirms a second FW 😜

Also... for the first time in the longest time... I'll be using VPN and Kodi to watch EPL. Wonder how that experience will be.

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:21 AM

Bismarck
  • Bismarck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Looking forward to some fighting and confrontation between the managers, I mean literally  :D

"I am the normal one"
"It’s really difficult looking for glasses without glasses.”
"I would never sign an a**hole just because he is great at football"
"Please don't ask me this shit"
"Sorry I said it twice"
[laugh]

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:21 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Some of the potential explosive players likely to receive the RED card for abusing the referees as I watch them last season...  

Liverpool

1.  James Milner

2.  Adam Lallana

3.  Moreno

Spurs

1.  Kyle Walker

2.  Dele Alli

3.  Eric Dier

Chelsea

1.  Diego Costa

2. Branislav Ivanovic

Arsenal

1.  Olivier Giroud

2.  Alexis Sanchez

Jack Wilshere

ManCity

1.  Vincent Company

2.  Zabaleta

3.  Fernandinho

4. Samir Nasir

ManU

1.  Fellaini

2.  Ashley Young

3. Rooney

4.  Memphis Depay

:we-all-gonna-die:  :we-all-gonna-die:  :we-all-gonna-die:

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:24 AM

ins1dious
  • Premium member
    ins1dious
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My cousin supports Spurs. We have a friendly banter about switching teams every year. We both think the other person is unlucky so don't want in our own team 😜

Here's him looking forward to the next season πŸ‘πŸΌ

https://www.dropbox....17 AM.jpeg?dl=0

Edited by ins1dious, 22 July 2016 - 11:25 AM.

Staff69 praised this

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:38 AM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Let me start a new thread since BPL beginning in 3 weeks time.

I am sure this year new BPL season will be the most watch all over the world because of the top class managers in one league and the most expensive & talk about players.   :a-m1212:

Let starts our ranting of the Premier League teams for 16/17 season. [smash]

Top of the List

What a way to start a new season .. :a-happy:

Red cards for referee abuse introduced as Premier League tackles 'intolerable behaviour'

Wah, very early hor... many players still not even back in their teams yet...

Apart from Red card to the players for not respecting the referees, will there be any recourse for those referees who seriously suck big time? Apart from the unreasonable death threat we heard in the past, the referees are really getting away with poor refereeing.

How to wake them up?

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:30 PM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Apart from Red card to the players for not respecting the referees, will there be any recourse for those referees who seriously suck big time? Apart from the unreasonable death threat we heard in the past, the referees are really getting away with poor refereeing.

How to wake them up?

Video technology [thumbsup]

Thaiyotakamli and Tigershark1976 praised this

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How to wake them up?

This one can blame it on Howard Webb .... [sly]

The referees mentor ... :XD:

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:15 PM

Ktglfc
  • Premium member
    Ktglfc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am eagerly looking forward :))

Rich: is not about how much you have, but how much you give.

The sky has turned brighter.
There's a glorious rainbow that beckons those with a spirit of adventure and there are rich findings at the end of that rainbow.
Find that rainbow, go ride it.

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:57 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Some of the potential explosive players likely to receive the RED card for abusing the referees as I watch them last season...  

Liverpool

1.  James Milner

2.  Adam Lallana

3.  Moreno

Spurs

1.  Kyle Walker

2.  Dele Alli

3.  Eric Dier

Chelsea

1.  Diego Costa

2. Branislav Ivanovic

Arsenal

1.  Olivier Giroud

2.  Alexis Sanchez

Jack Wilshere

ManCity

1.  Vincent Company

2.  Zabaleta

3.  Fernandinho

4. Samir Nasir

ManU

1.  Fellaini

2.  Ashley Young

3. Rooney

4.  Memphis Depay

:we-all-gonna-die:  :we-all-gonna-die:  :we-all-gonna-die:

to be fair to costa, his antics totally change after J.M left.

how a player behave on the pitch got alot to do with the manager style and coaching

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:04 PM

Weez911
  • Premium member
    Weez911
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anyone wants to put their neck on the line and predict who are the top 4 in #1-4 order?

I dare not start [laugh]

2BDriver, Angcheek, Spring and Sunny praised this

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:05 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    Supercharged
    Author Image

to be fair to costa, his antics totally change after J.M left.

how a player behave on the pitch got alot to do with the manager style and coaching

Wah this statement will then prompt the question:

Instead of the (Diego) Costa antics of last season, who will be the new (Devil) Costa next season?  [sly]

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:12 PM

Ktglfc
  • Premium member
    Ktglfc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anyone wants to put their neck on the line and predict who are the top 4 in #1-4 order?

I dare not start [laugh]

Don't think Leicester will be among the top 4 ...

For prediction... I hope my Pool will be in in .. ok, I am just biased :D

Mrmilktooth praised this
Rich: is not about how much you have, but how much you give.

The sky has turned brighter.
There's a glorious rainbow that beckons those with a spirit of adventure and there are rich findings at the end of that rainbow.
Find that rainbow, go ride it.

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:24 PM

Bismarck
  • Bismarck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I dare not start [laugh]

Ok I start,

1. Ktglfc

2. ins1dious

3. Vid

4. Spurman

:XD:

Weez911, Mrmilktooth, Ktglfc and ins1dious praised this
"I am the normal one"
"Sorry I said it twice"
[laugh]

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:28 PM

Mrmilktooth
  • Premium member
    Mrmilktooth
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Don't think Leicester will be among the top 4 ...

For prediction... I hope my Pool will be in in .. ok, I am just biased :D

i plonked $120 on pool..

do a leiceister man!!!

9,50 is juicy... [:p] [:p]

Wyfitms praised this

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:33 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ok I start,

1. Ktglfc

2. ins1dious

3. Vid

4. Spurman

:XD:

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [thumbsup] 

FourZero praised this

Noob79
  • Premium member
    Noob79
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I dare not start [laugh]

Lol, it is probably too early yet, some of the top clubs have not even finalise their purchases yet... -_-

Bismarck
  • Bismarck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i plonked $120 on pool..

do a leiceister man!!!

9,50 is juicy... [:p] [:p]

Every season I put 10 cent on Liverpool. Havent get my reward yet  :a-bang:

"I am the normal one"
"Sorry I said it twice"
[laugh]

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:42 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I dare not start [laugh]

No state top 4 in what ... :omg:

1. top 4 manager getting the sacking before end of season

2. top 4 goal scorer

3. top 4 'Red' card

4. top 4 'Yellow' card

5. top 4 injuries of the season

6. top 4 flop referees

:XD:    :XD:

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:41 PM

cashcow
  • cashcow
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I dare not start [laugh]

According to a recent online poll in a popular brit media, Man U was voted to be the likely epl winner this coming season. Followed by Chelsea, Man C and Liverpool in that order by 'votes'.

As we all know, forecasts are proven wrong most of the time. Vote popularity does not necessaily equate to pitch success for sure.

Since we are usually wrong to start with, I can say that I would like to follow this particular poll result except that the order be re-arranged.

Imho, Liverpool will be the epl champion followed by Man U, Chelsea and Man C for this coming season.

To reinterate my cavert, my optimistic forecast is usually wrong, so please don't get too upset with me if you disagree. You are free to state your own forecast in this thread and lets see what is the final verdict come end of the season in May 2017.   :D

Edited by cashcow, 22 July 2016 - 04:46 PM.

Back to Football Channel  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: bpl16/17, the, exciting, season and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users