BPL 16/17 - The Exciting Season Begins Part 1

Picnic06-Biante15

Pool missed 2 sitters and in this tight game, you probably don't deserves to win. The pouring rain makes it difficult for both sides to control the ball, making it it kind of ascrappy affair.

Settled for a point and i don't really have much to complain. Must give credit to Saints too for the well organised defensive display.

Blame the international break.

Blame Brazil for calling up our brazil boys.

Blame our brazil boys donno how to 'keng'

Blame referee for missing the shirt-pulling foul by Soton's Virgin on Firmino which should lead to a penalty.

Klopp should have sub Sturridge and Origi in ealier,  n not towards the end with not much time left to play.

Blame Mane, Can, Firmino, Coutinho, Clyne - should have killed the game if they are their usual self.

Blame Yaya Toure for apologising to Pep.

:D  :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Juan Mata statiscally the best midfielder in the EPL, followed by Silva n Hazard.

Must give credit to him for being able to win over a tough master in JM n now a first choice for the United first X1

• Praise 3

Juan Mata statiscally the best midfielder in the EPL, followed by Silva n Hazard.

Must give credit to him for being able to win over a tough master in JM n now a first choice for the United first X1

• Praise 2

chelsea win without concede again. [laugh]

but 2 tough game coming

Yes next 2 games might define their season. Spurs always a needle match as they seem to have some history whilst City match will be a clash of 2 top coaches with their different philosophies.  

• Praise 4

Yes next 2 games might define their season. Spurs always a needle match as they seem to have some history whilst City match will be a clash of 2 top coaches with their different philosophies.

Exciting :)

On a selfish note of mine, hope they drop points :D

• Praise 1

Exciting :)

On a selfish note of mine, hope they drop points :D

The top 5 is separated by just 4 points so I believe this season, we will see the lead change hands many times. Normally it will be decided by games amongst the contending teams ie mini League amongst the top 5-6 but Chelsea seems to buck this trend by losing to both Pool and Arsenal and still lead.

• Praise 3

Yes next 2 games might define their season. Spurs always a needle match as they seem to have some history whilst City match will be a clash of 2 top coaches with their different philosophies.  

i think spurs manager the most underated .

no star signing.

no 200-300k players,

no100m spending per season

yet got result

• Praise 1

i think spurs manager the most underated .

no star signing.

no 200-300k players,

no100m spending per season

yet got result

That's true! Must admit when he first came to manage Saints replacing a very popular Saints Mgr (I think Adkins), he was not widely accepted cos not many know him and because the fans had doubts on the owner Markus Liebherr who died suddenly and left his daughter to take over and the skeptical fans thought she just wanted to cut costs.

Can't remember the whole story but I think their DoF or some Board member was shrewd enough to appt Pochettino and the rest is history. It's not going to be easy for MP over the next few years at Spurs cos they will have to follow the belt tightening ways of Arsenal years back when they too build their stadium but they are in good hands.

• Praise 3

The top 5 is separated by just 4 points so I believe this season, we will see the lead change hands many times. Normally it will be decided by games amongst the contending teams ie mini League amongst the top 5-6 but Chelsea seems to buck this trend by losing to both Pool and Arsenal and still lead.

Need to compare at the mid season when everyone has played each other once. Then the correlation between the league table and top 5/6 mini league can be clearer.

Need to compare at the mid season when everyone has played each other once. Then the correlation between the league table and top 5/6 mini league can be clearer.

Agreed. Think the 19 game mark is at year end so that would give a good clue as to who are the likely contenders.

Pool has an advantage in that they have played Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs away already and they also have a spare home game so if they are still in with a shout at year end, they stand a strong chance. Think the only concern most pundits claim is the pressing game taking its toll come season end. Of course this is not proven but some food for thought.

Similarly, there are some concerns that Chelsea's wing backs will be found out for a similar reason cos going up and down week in, week out is exhausting. The advantage for both Pool and Chelsea is they don't have Euro commitments so this may give them sufficient recovery time unlike Spurs (also pressing game) with their UCL commitments

• Praise 4

woooh...

I have to rub my eyes when I saw the German league table

top of the table is not Bayern or Dortmund but Leipzig

wonder if they can do a Leicester fairytale this season (German version) :D

• Praise 1

woooh...

I have to rub my eyes when I saw the German league table

top of the table is not Bayern or Dortmund but Leipzig

wonder if they can do a Leicester fairytale this season (German version) :D

For the sake of a better League, I hope RB Leipzig do give BM a run for their money.

I watched the Dortmund v BM game last Sat night and was impressed with the intensity and speed of the game. Dortmund's front 4 of Aubameyang, Schurrle, Ramos and Gotze had lots of pace and skill.

Dortmund sort of backed off in second half cos they wanted to protect their lead as beating BM was a prized scalp.

Really impressed with Auba, his movement and skill is top notch. On the flip side, Thomas Muller seems to be going thru a bad patch and Mat Hummels not his usual assured self, I guess he's adapting to his new team. Dortmund's yellow wall and stadium atmosphere doesn't lose to EPL's and this bodes well for the Bundesliga!

• Praise 3

For the sake of a better League, I hope RB Leipzig do give BM a run for their money.

I watched the Dortmund v BM game last Sat night and was impressed with the intensity and speed of the game. Dortmund's front 4 of Aubameyang, Schurrle, Ramos and Gotze had lots of pace and skill.

Dortmund sort of backed off in second half cos they wanted to protect their lead as beating BM was a prized scalp.

Really impressed with Auba, his movement and skill is top notch. On the flip side, Thomas Muller seems to be going thru a bad patch and Mat Hummels not his usual assured self, I guess he's adapting to his new team. Dortmund's yellow wall and stadium atmosphere doesn't lose to EPL's and this bodes well for the Bundesliga!

i think this is Auba last season  at dortmund liao.

he is super hot property now.

• Praise 2

Really impressed with Auba, his movement and skill is top notch.

Gabon, a small African country with only 1.5 million population, can produce a world class player

We also can! :D

UCL tomorrow features Sevilla vs Juventus.

Interesting clash of coaching styles. The attack minded Jorge Sampaoli (Sevilla) who brought Chile to their 1st ever Copa last year. This guy was rumoured to be on Chelsea's shortlist before Conte was eventually appointed. Another Klopp/Conte style of very passionate touchline coaching vs the more subdued gentlemanly style of Max Allegri (Juve). He is the typical risk adverse kind of Italian coach who doesn't like taking risks but his track record is good. 

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/sevilla-v-juve-offers-intriguing-clash-of-coaching-styles/3305664.html

• Praise 3

Wolfsburg are open to the sale of Julian Draxler. It's believed that Draxler has a release clause of €75m that can be triggered in the summer of 2017.

As much as I like this player, it is unlikely for Pool to pay this amount.

↡ Advertisement