BPL 16/17 - The Exciting Season Begins Part 1

Picnic06-Biante15

Arsenal couldn't get the win which would have gotten them top spot but nevertheless they together with City and Leicester qualified for the k/o stages of the UCL, well done [thumbsup]

This season's UCL not necessary getting top spot is better as Bayern will finish 2nd and likely Real as well so only Barca the team to fear amongst the likely group winners. 

• Praise 7

Jose Mourinho has confirmed Manchester United will take up the option to extend Zlatan Ibrahimovic's contract for another season.

I can imagine how Rashford is feeling now

no surprises... i can hardly think of a star player which Mourinho grooms from a young player...  no wonder that Rashford looks like running out of steam lately.. including the likes of Martial etc.

Mourinho always favours quick fixes, usually through expensive buys, rather than build for the long term. any wonder why he dun seems to hold on to a job for > 5 years?  

no surprises... i can hardly think of a star player which Mourinho grooms from a young player... no wonder that Rashford looks like running out of steam lately.. including the likes of Martial etc.

Mourinho always favours quick fixes, usually through expensive buys, rather than build for the long term. any wonder why he dun seems to hold on to a job for > 5 years?

Never more than 3 years actually. You add up his 2 stints at Chelsea, then can get 5 years

it seem every manager that take over man  u , 

must spend over 200m

and it seem to every manager that take over, man u , the team is broken until jia lat jia lat

no few years and few hundred M. cannot fix

and it seem. the board is very willing to give any manager that take over at least 200m to spend.

:that-dood-is-up-to-something:

This is only a problem for small clubs. ManU can't be bothered about such small change

• Praise 2

Greatest upset in the history of UCL?

Team Squad value:

Rostov - £37m

Bayern - £495m

FT: Rostov 3-2 Bayern.

Rostov have claimed their first EVER Champions League victory! What an opponent to claim that as well.

The supposedly Liverpool target-"Iranian Messi" scored for Rostov

• Praise 1

Gerrard announced his retirement from football as a player.

Coaching role at LFC more likely now.

"

Gerrard giving his honest assessment of himself as a player and his career as a whole.

Recommend watch for Pool fans.

Never more than 3 years actually. You add up his 2 stints at Chelsea, then can get 5 years

JM's employers also birds of same feather who like quickie fix.

And then part company with each other when the medicine stop working.

Fair is fair.

Mixed results for EPL teams in Europa.

Man Utd got a convincing 4-0 victory over Feyenoord wt home while Southampton lost 1-0 to Sparta Prague away.

Both teams still stand a good chance to qualify for the next round.

JM's employers also birds of same feather who like quickie fix.

And then part company with each other when the medicine stop working.

Fair is fair.

To be fair to Man U board, they have a track record of giving Mgr time ie Fergie. Moyes was out of his depth n LvG divided opinions n perhaps losing his touch. United were out of UCL n nowhere near their usual standards n hence they had to act n JM based on past records almost guarantees success hence the appointment.

The only fault I would find with United Board is 1) why appoint Moyes in the first place n 2) they should know what they getting when appointing JM and have to take him as a package ie his track record plus his penchant for controversy.

Aren't they better than Roman at Chelsea who can sack Ancelotti for finishing second after winning the title in his first season, that takes the cake!

• Praise 6

Mixed results for EPL teams in Europa.

Man Utd got a convincing 4-0 victory over Feyenoord wt home while Southampton lost 1-0 to Sparta Prague away.

Both teams still stand a good chance to qualify for the next round.

Hope they all qualify.

Maybe maybe, Man Utd can qualify for UCL if they win europa, like what LFC tried to do last season.

Better option than no option, given that this season top 4 may be out of MU's grasp. 

Steven Gerrard is set to return to Anfield to join Liverpool’s Academy coaching staff. (Chris Bascombe)

As expected, the legend is coming home!

Former Manchester United manager David Moyes feels Jose Mourinho's struggles at Old Trafford prove that his time in charge of United was not as bad as many have made it out to be.

Mourinho can't match Moyes so far at United

Jose Mourinho has endured a mixed start to life at Manchester United and his record after 10 Premier League games finds him worse off than David Moyes over the same period.

David says he is better than Jose

and the stats prove him right.  [thumbsup]

:D

To be fair to Man U board, they have a track record of giving Mgr time ie Fergie. Moyes was out of his depth n LvG divided opinions n perhaps losing his touch. United were out of UCL n nowhere near their usual standards n hence they had to act n JM based on past records almost guarantees success hence the appointment.

The only fault I would find with United Board is 1) why appoint Moyes in the first place n 2) they should know what they getting when appointing JM and have to take him as a package ie his track record plus his penchant for controversy.

Aren't they better than Roman at Chelsea who can sack Ancelotti for finishing second after winning the title in his first season, that takes the cake!

have to disagree, man u board that gave fergie time many decades ago was a different board as compared to now.

The board now do not really give their manager time....

• Praise 1

Agree with Bro GS as well. The board that SAF served under is not the same as what they have now. The entire operating model has changed over the years. SAF worked under this current board and he basically can't be moved because of his achievement.

Why they appoint Moyes? SAF recommended if I am not wrong, hence the Chosen One. With their most decorated and successful manager stepping down and recommended his successor, can the board say No?

They know what they are getting from JM. It was fiercely debated in the boardroom. I am pretty sure that it wasn't a unanimous decision. The pro JM camp willing to take the risks on him in return of glories.

Edited by Osprey23

i've said it n i will say it agn....whats the point of calling a manager a good manager when all he needs is a group of superstars?? is he incapable of nurturing his own stars? is all that he knows is putting this group of superstars n let them "do their thing"? n before any man u fans start saying that ppl of other clubs are sour that they can afford these stars...let me just point them out to their real great manager, fergie. look at how many stars he nurtured.

I support Man U to continue buying more super stars

↡ Advertisement