BPL 16/17 - The Exciting Season Begins Part 1

Maxus-MIFA9

He is skilful n fast but frustratingly inconsistent. One of those players who could be a game changer if he gets his game right. Perhaps with a good coach in Klopp, he might improve? But at what price is the other question n does Pool need a winger when they got other positions of higher priority??

same can be said of Mane prior to switching to Pool. 

But but but, I have more reservation about Zaha because he has rarely performed to the standard which may satisfy Pool's requirements. I can't really remember the outstanding games Zaha played.

Mane - yes... for many of the games Saints played.. esp during official interviews aka games against Pool.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Any rumours on anyone coming into Pool?

So far I read two Goalkeepers link to Pool .. but i choose not to believe it.

Bro Osprey should have more inside stories. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

same can be said of Mane prior to switching to Pool. 

But but but, I have more reservation about Zaha because he has rarely performed to the standard which may satisfy Pool's requirements. I can't really remember the outstanding games Zaha played.

Mane - yes... for many of the games Saints played.. esp during official interviews aka games against Pool.  

Mane definitely more consistent and caught the eye whilst at Saints. Think United was linked with him even before Pool came in but not sure what happened.

Do agree that a neutral observer would likely take Mane (Saints stint) over Zaha but I see some raw talent in him. Think he scored a wonder goal couple of weeks back with a mazy dribble but these instances are few n far between and he can go missing at times. Talent has to be there which Zaha has, so with some coaching, good discipline and attitude, I think he can make a step up but of course some gamble as he has been at United before and not made it but maybe he's more matured now and it's really a case of do or die as don't think another top 6 team will be after him if he fails again, my 2 cents.... 

• Praise 3

The Joe Hart link is in some papers again but not sure if it's an old story being resurrected again.

• Praise 3

The Joe Hart link is in some papers again but not sure if it's an old story being resurrected again.

oh well newspapers need to sell stories.. it doesnt help that Hart will be available either immediately or in the summer... 

i honestly dun think Klopp is looking to buy another GK.  His plan A is to develop Karius and i think he is not going to change yet since still early days.  Pool has the luxury to fall back on Mingolet who provides a pair of safe hand, without the ball-playing abilities that Klopp hopes to see in a GK. 

• Praise 2

oh well newspapers need to sell stories.. it doesnt help that Hart will be available either immediately or in the summer... 

i honestly dun think Klopp is looking to buy another GK.  His plan A is to develop Karius and i think he is not going to change yet since still early days.  Pool has the luxury to fall back on Mingolet who provides a pair of safe hand, without the ball-playing abilities that Klopp hopes to see in a GK. 

Agreed, I also don't think Klopp will buy a GK as he has other priorities and he still believes in Karius long term. That said I like Hart despite his few clangers cos he is a good shot stopper and commands his box well with a good pair of hands and is experienced, all the basic ingredients of a top flight goalie.

• Praise 3

Agreed, I also don't think Klopp will buy a GK as he has other priorities and he still believes in Karius long term. That said I like Hart despite his few clangers cos he is a good shot stopper and commands his box well with a good pair of hands and is experienced, all the basic ingredients of a top flight goalie.

hart is a notch above wat pool & city have at the moment. 

but he is still a small step away from those really at the top.

• Praise 2

Don't have inside stories, just info from trusted sources :)

As shared with bro Spring, priority is a wide attacker. Pulisic is the prime target but BVB's tough stance might have forced Klopp to look elsewhere. This could explain why Zaha is linked.

I won't mind him. He has the pace and raw talent that Klopp can develop.

Might be another Bosman deal for a LB.

January usually tough to do deal. So don't expect many signings.

Keepers? Hart? kasper? Pickford? No chance.

• Praise 1

Any rumours on anyone coming into Pool?

Me...... going to Pool .  [wave]

Singapore Pool ...

Today prize is $7 million.. [smash]  [smash]  [smash]

• Praise 1

Don't have inside stories, just info from trusted sources :)

As shared with bro Spring, priority is a wide attacker. Pulisic is the prime target but BVB's tough stance might have forced Klopp to look elsewhere. This could explain why Zaha is linked.

I won't mind him. He has the pace and raw talent that Klopp can develop.

Might be another Bosman deal for a LB.

January usually tough to do deal. So don't expect many signings.

Keepers? Hart? kasper? Pickford? No chance.

Klopp has a sensitive head and knows which area to buy and tap on.  the attacking area is an immediate concerns due to injuries and african cup. 

rest of the areas -  there are able backups so he isn't panicking into any immediate buys...  

i will like to see some surprises though... as opportunities do come by during the odd windows.. 

clubs like utd and chelsea may seems more eager to strengthen their squads... city too, to lower their average age of their squad lol 

http://www.tnp.sg/sports/football/leicester-hit-hardest-african-nations-cup-departures

list of players and clubs effected by the coming african cup [;)]

Joel Matip doesn't want to play for Cameroon due to some dispute and he's not the only Cameroonian player who is adopting this stance and there are some reports saying Cameroon may bring this matter up to FIFA and bar those players from playing for their clubs during the duration of the AFCON. 

On the flip side, I'm reading some conflicting reports that this is not enforceable.

• Praise 3

Joel Matip doesn't want to play for Cameroon due to some dispute and he's not the only Cameroonian player who is adopting this stance and there are some reports saying Cameroon may bring this matter up to FIFA and bar those players from playing for their clubs during the duration of the AFCON.

On the flip side, I'm reading some conflicting reports that this is not enforceable.

If the players had informed their FAs that they don't want to represent their countries before the call ups, there is nothing they can do.

Actions can only be taken if players never turned up after being called up.

Matip has not played for Cameroon since 2014. His stance is clear from the start and he had informed the Cameroon FA that he is not keen to represent the country.

Therefore, nothing can be done to him.