BPL 16/17 - The Exciting Season Begins Part 1

Picnic06-Biante15

Think I mentioned before, Pool's defensive issue is their set piece defending but City's is their defensive transition.

Can't really pin point the issue. The stability to protect against a counter isn't there.

↡ Advertisement

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho: We lost players and we lost points, so yes today was a bad day. We did not look tired and exhausted, we are tired and exhausted. You cannot isolate the performance out of the context. This is the ninth match of April, it is not human. We have a squad of 22 that is reduced to 13 or 14 players. The players are very tired.

Did Jesse Lingard and Ashley Young look sharper than other people. Of course, they did not play the last match. I am more than happy with the players, they gave everthing they could. I have zero criticism.

I don't know about the injuries. I think Luke Shaw's must be a big injury, because to leave the pitch after 10 minutes I am expecting a very big injury.

At the moment, we cannot walk from the bed to the toilet and break a leg.

I prefer not to speak about Phil Jones and Chris Smalling. I prefer to speak about Juan Mata giving everything to be available. I am grateful for that.

We will give everything on Thursday. That is sure. Whether we go to the final or not doesn't matter, I am really happy with the guys.

Again, players are brought out to dry. Can understand why he would want to mention about the piling fixtures and taxing on the players. All valid. But to have a go at Shaw? Totally uncalled for. Edited by Osprey23

I really hope Pool will also get some help from ref on Monday. :D

The dive by Sane is even more outrageous. Push the ball one way, run onto defender the other way, make contact, dive, penalty.

Edited by Osprey23

Neutral Newbie

Tonight both manchester club cheat for penalty. Smelly

Edited by fisheryak

Pure grit shown by Boro. Didn't let their head drop after that penalty decision. The tactical sub to bring on Adama is spot on. His pace caused the City's backline some problem.

A lack of concentration allows Jesus to draw level a second time.

Not sure if 1 point is enough for Boro though.

I am a strong believer of not using technology in what's suppose to be a simple game.

Both Manchester clubs convinced me today I am so wrong.

Maybe only one call of video replay from each side throughout the whole game.

Interesting North London derby.

Spurs need a win to keep pace with Chelsea and their slim title hope alive.

Arsenal need a win to keep pace with the UCL chasing lot and their top 4 finish hope alive.

Draw will not be good for either.

If Pool win the next game at Watford, confirm will be #3.   The remaining 4th will be decided between the 2 Manchester clubs with City on the upper hand.  With the defeat at WHL, I guess Arsenal is out of the top 4 race, despite having one extra game in hand.

Below are the remaining matches for teams involved in the race for top 4

Liverpool

WAT v LIV

LIV v SOTON

West Ham v LIV

LIV v BORO

Man City

M City v C Palace

M City v Leicester

M City v WBA

Watford v M City

Man United

ARS V Man United

Spurs v Man United

SOTON v Man United

C Palace vs Man United

Arsenal

ARS v Man United

SOTON v ARS

Stoke v ARS

ARS v Sunderland

ARS v EVE

Edited by Civic2000
  • Praise 1

Still got a few more games. Nothing confirmed mathematically. Let's hope Pool dun self destruct like they usually do against the so-called mid table team

• Praise 1

I wont call rashford a cheat, to me quite a smart play. Man utd well known diver is ashley young, rooney also divided a bit in his time. That dive at old trafford to end arsenal invincible team run.

At the end of the day we all hope our club do well, but to me winning it the right way matter too.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1