BPL 16/17 - The Exciting Season Begins Part 1

Picnic06-Biante15

Once again spurs spluttered. Failing to win everton and gave a poor poor 1st half.

Dier and wayama both r dm and they seems to be unsure who should be real dm for the game.

Dier. Dele. Kane looks rusty never had recovered from the england disatrous euro 2016 campaign.

4 4 2 works better for spurs when vincent jansen came in and suddenly lamela played extremely well then. Should have won but overall a draw is a fair result.

Playing in the simi lan interconti cup in australia complicates things. Fly so far to play useless friendlies for monies fun help to build the team fitness and energy.

Its no wonder spurs play like shit in first half machiam hangover. No energy.

Only when lamela scored does spurs look more dangerous.

↡ Advertisement

Once again spurs spluttered. Failing to win everton and gave a poor poor 1st half.

Dier and wayama both r dm and they seems to be unsure who should be real dm for the game.

Dier. Dele. Kane looks rusty never had recovered from the england disatrous euro 2016 campaign.

4 4 2 works better for spurs when vincent jansen came in and suddenly lamela played extremely well then. Should have won but overall a draw is a fair result.

Playing in the simi lan interconti cup in australia complicates things. Fly so far to play useless friendlies for monies fun help to build the team fitness and energy.

Its no wonder spurs play like shit in first half machiam hangover. No energy.

Only when lamela scored does spurs look more dangerous.

Frankly speaking, I was quite surprised to see Poch lining up Dier and Wanyama in central mid. Lots of steel but zero creativity from there. Ya, nowadays every PL clubs are having the same problem, trying to juggle building of fitness and commercial commitment during preseason.

As for City, they do deserve the win if you ask me. Sunderland not providing a stern test. They playing direct but both frontmen are not the tall type. So if they go high, the CBs will clean up. If they go low, the extra bodies deployed by Pep with the fullbacks cut off the channels.

Oh ya, also the penalty they gave away is pretty stupid. There is no slide in on Sterling. Just force him wide will do

Edited by Osprey23

Wow what assist from Francis! Put Mata through and when his keeper kept out Mata's shot, he laid it to Mata again to tap into an open net!!

JM should really consider signing him up

Edited by Osprey23
  • Praise 1

Good strike from outside the box from Zlatan to secure the victory.

Ibe has been a disappointment. Far worse than what I have seen him play in a red shirt previously.

Turbocharged

Good strike from outside the box from Zlatan to secure the victory.

Ibe has been a disappointment. Far worse than what I have seen him play in a red shirt previously.

Yeah...ibe was rubbish. Trying too hard to impress new club? Klopp doesnt need to justify his sale if this is how he play.

Yeah...ibe was rubbish. Trying too hard to impress new club? Klopp doesnt need to justify his sale if this is how he play.

Hehe, he might not need to explain why he won't activate the buy back clause also :D

Credit to Arsenal. On the front foot right from the start. The way Arsenal pressed high up the pitch I think Klopp will also be very impressed.

Pool didn't really settle.

Moreno misjudged the challenge, should stand his ground will do as the ball his going away from goal. Migs will a great save from the resulting pen.

Minute later, a good tackle from midfield turns into an attacking chance. Walcott was totally unmarked but he took his goal really well.

Lucky for Pool the little magician pulled out a rabbit from his hat.

Second half a feel Klopp might have to change tactics. False 9 not effective as Arsenal is pressing really well forcing Pool to go long.

Introducing Origi might be better.

What a start by Pool in the second half.

Intensity is much higher and more movements to break press.

Nice built up for both goals and Coutinho almost get his hattrick

What a start by Pool in the second half.

Intensity is much higher and more movements to break press.

Nice built up for both goals and Coutinho almost get his hattrick

some really native defending from asn.

Too tense. Entertaining stuff but Pool's ability to hold a lead is still very questionable.

How to expect building 3 goals cushion to concede with every match?

Pool recovered in the second half and took their chances. Hard fought victory this one.

might well be another entertaining and close season, from the matches so far. nobody is too obviously good, so temperament on match day might decide matches.

Ltd didn't look v comfortable without the bournemouth captain's blunder. City needed own goal to win. Arsenal looks beatable unless their seasoned CBs come back quick. Leicester as expected not likely to repeat last season's heroics. Spurs didn't show its cutting edge much, with Kane starting season slowly again.

See if Liverpool will do well this season...

(edited)

After watching 18 teams in action over the weekends, some are still in rusty mood.....

1. Leicester City : only one man transferred out (Kante) but they seem to play like 60% are new players playing together for the first time...

2. Hull City : Played in tight team format just like Leicester last season. Maybe trying to copy Leicester.

3.  Burnley :  Not a threat in Premier League to upset the top 6. No attacking flare upfront.

4.  Swansea : No improvement, lucky to scored a goal.

5.  C Palace : Surprise at the way the played 

6.  WBA : Not much improvement either.

7. Everton : Maybe too cautious in their first game, shooting needs improvement

8.  Spurs : Something missing as from last season form. 

9.  M'boro : Team to watch this season. Can see their fighting spirit for every balls. Will survive this season in Premier League with Hull City

10. Stoke : Not much improvement from last season

11. Soton : Not much improvement from last season

12. Watford : Likely fighting for survival to stay in Premier this season

13. Mancity :  Playing a cautious game. Maybe new boss but doesn't seem like challenging for 1st position material.

14. Sunderland : Another year fighting to stay in Premier League

15. B'mouth : Show improvement characters from last season but too bad, their first game oppo was ManU 

16. ManU : Good attacking flare and movement of teamwork much improvement from LvG era. Yes, contender for top 3 positions

17. Arsenal : Still have that fighting spirit in them when they are down.

18. Pool : Much improvement in teamwork but something seem like missing in midfield.

The above were just my opinion of first match observation of the teams and after 5 games, we will know where they stand... :we-all-gonna-die:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 2

might well be another entertaining and close season, from the matches so far. nobody is too obviously good, so temperament on match day might decide matches.

Ltd didn't look v comfortable without the bournemouth captain's blunder. City needed own goal to win. Arsenal looks beatable unless their seasoned CBs come back quick. Leicester as expected not likely to repeat last season's heroics. Spurs didn't show its cutting edge much, with Kane starting season slowly again.

See if Liverpool will do well this season...

Personally, I am most impressed with Arsenal. Yes they did concede 4 against us but they had no choice but to put up a make shift back line. Also, there are some of their big guns not back yet.

For Pool, I feel the window yet to address the key weakness - CDM. Yes maybe most might want a LB to replace Moreno but I don't think changing a LB will solve all our defensive problems. Having a CDM though, will be able to offer more balance in our play. Right now I feel is too offensive minded.

After watching 18 teams in action over the weekends, some are still in rusty mood.....

1. Leicester City : only one man transferred out (Kante) but they seem to play like 60% are new players playing together for the first time...

2. Hull City : Played in tight team format just like Leicester last season. Maybe trying to copy Leicester.

3. Burnley : Not a threat in Premier League to upset the top 6. No attacking flare upfront.

4. Swansea : No improvement, lucky to scored a goal.

5. C Palace : Surprise at the way the played

6. WBA : Not much improvement either.

7. Everton : Maybe too cautious in their first game, shooting needs improvement

8. Spurs : Something missing as from last season form.

9. M'boro : Team to watch this season. Can see their fighting spirit for every balls. Will survive this season in Premier League with Hull City

10. Stoke : Not much improvement from last season

11. Soton : Not much improvement from last season

12. Watford : Likely fighting for survival to stay in Premier this season

Impressive bro. How you managed to find time to watch all?

Sat match only caught the Hull v Leicester. Then switched to ping pong before coming back to the City v Sunderland game.

Personally, I am most impressed with Arsenal. Yes they did concede 4 against us but they had no choice but to put up a make shift back line. Also, there are some of their big guns not back yet.

For Pool, I feel the window yet to address the key weakness - CDM. Yes maybe most might want a LB to replace Moreno but I don't think changing a LB will solve all our defensive problems. Having a CDM though, will be able to offer more balance in our play. Right now I feel is too offensive minded.

Impressive bro. How you managed to find time to watch all?

Sat match only caught the Hull v Leicester. Then switched to ping pong before coming back to the City v Sunderland game.

Switch in between channels and I was looking at they way they played. That was during the 10.00 pm games (5 matches).

Maybe this is their first game and more cautious in their approach. Most teams played like trying to equalised and aiming for one point to get them kick off but some were just disappointing in their display..   :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

↡ Advertisement