BPL 16/17 - The Exciting Season Begins Part 1

Picnic06-Biante15

Chadli just did one against his old club. Spurs down by 1

Alli equalised. 1-1 FT.

Man City drew 1-1 Everton, just as I have predicted :D

↡ Advertisement

Foster of WBA made 5-6 brilliant saves to deny the frustrated spurs...

Haiz. But earlier on alli should have scored to make it 1 nil.... or morr br wba scored.

Sissoko is crap though. 30m wasted liao

Haiz. But earlier on alli should have scored to make it 1 nil.... or morr br wba scored.

Sissoko is crap though. 30m wasted liao

Agreed. The MF was so packed...luckily they could held on to the ball albeit disorientated without a purposeful playmaker.

Things began to look bright right after Dier n Son came on but conceded instead. Lucky to scramble a late equaliser to stay unbeaten.

Maybe they were instructed to play slow to conserve mojo for the upcoming UCL...

Pep doesn't agree that intensity of EPL is higher than other Leagues.

IMO, not only is the intensity greater, the pace, equality of teams n the physicality makes it a harder League to play in. Skill wise I admit that perhaps La Liga may be superior but overall the other factors makes the EPL more intense for sure. With regards to the UCL, my take is precisely due to the intensity of the EPL means it tough for EPL teams to do well there cos they can't rest players as much as the Spanish or German teams n also u get more injuries playing in EPL.

As for Leicester winning the EPL by 10pts last season whereas La Liga went to the wire, my answer is don't talk cock, when the other Leagues can come out with a Champion outside the usual 2 or 3 suspects then come n talk. Try asking Sevilla or Wolfsburg to do a Leicester in their League n then I say your League is

• Praise 7

For someone like Pep who have managed Barcelona, Bayern and now City in 3 different leagues, I believe he is fully qualified to state his view on the "intensity".

Leicester winning it with a huge gap is just one off. Most of the time, the league goes down to the wire. Competitiveness, EPL confirmed highest. Quality or intensity? Generally speaking, I might have to agree that La Liga and Bundesliga could just be slightly higher.

Results in the UCL don't lie. When teams met at full strength, seldom the EPL teams come up on top.

Edited by Osprey23

For someone like Pep who have managed Barcelona, Bayern and now City in 3 different leagues, I believe he is fully qualified to state his view on the "intensity".

Leicester winning it with a huge gap is just one off. Most of the time, the league goes down to the wire. Competitiveness, EPL confirmed highest. Quality or intensity? Generally speaking, I might have to agree that La Liga and Bundesliga could just be slightly higher.

Results in the UCL don't lie. When teams met at full strength, seldom the EPL teams come up on top.

Ancelotti n JM has managed in 4 diff leagues so I think they are even more qualified than Pep n they both claim EPL is more intense. I agree on quality but not intensity.

As for UCL, point I'm making is that the EPL teams gets knocked out even before they meet their Spanish or German counterparts in the latter stages due to the intensity which doesn't allow them to rest players. Last weekend Suarez taken off when game over whilst City had to thrown on Aguero n still not win proves this n there were many instances in the past in this which EPL teams couldn't afford to rest players unlike Bayern who ever won the League when the UCL semis were not even played.

Also those who played in EPL got injured more easily due to the intensity. Toby A of Spurs ruled out for playing against WBA who had less than 30% possession against Spurs n still got a point. I know injuries are part n parcel of football but the intensity plays a part for sure.

• Praise 3

IMO, not only is the intensity greater, the pace, equality of teams n the physicality makes it a harder League to play in. Skill wise I admit that perhaps La Liga may be superior but overall the other factors makes the EPL more intense for sure. With regards to the UCL, my take is precisely due to the intensity of the EPL means it tough for EPL teams to do well there cos they can't rest players as much as the Spanish or German teams n also u get more injuries playing in EPL.

As for Leicester winning the EPL by 10pts last season whereas La Liga went to the wire, my answer is don't talk cock, when the other Leagues can come out with a Champion outside the usual 2 or 3 suspects then come n talk. Try asking Sevilla or Wolfsburg to do a Leicester in their League n then I say your League is

• Praise 2

Edited by Galantspeedz

Ancelotti n JM has managed in 4 diff leagues so I think they are even more qualified than Pep n they both claim EPL is more intense. I agree on quality but not intensity.

As for UCL, point I'm making is that the EPL teams gets knocked out even before they meet their Spanish or German counterparts in the latter stages due to the intensity which doesn't allow them to rest players. Last weekend Suarez taken off when game over whilst City had to thrown on Aguero n still not win proves this n there were many instances in the past in this which EPL teams couldn't afford to rest players unlike Bayern who ever won the League when the UCL semis were not even played.

Also those who played in EPL got injured more easily due to the intensity. Toby A of Spurs ruled out for playing against WBA who had less than 30% possession against Spurs n still got a point. I know injuries are part n parcel of football but the intensity plays a part for sure.

It is because EPL is so competitive that's why Pep didn't have that kind of luxury to rest his star players. It is also due to lack of competitiveness that Barcelona, Real and Aletico all registered big wins. Did their opponents just roll over and die? If so yes, then I agree maybe La Liga lacked intensity. If they have fought hard but still can't overcome their more illustrious opponents, it is the gulf in quality and not the lack of intensity.

On the injuries, being more physical, having to play more games could also play a part imo.

Can't recall JM or Ancelotti compared on the intensity of the leagues but even if they did, their views do not invalidate what Pep had said. Opinions can differ. Just like I might disagree with you, I would still respect your opinion.

I watched his interview on that. I believe his message to the reporter is: Respect other leagues.

Edited by Osprey23

you very fierce,,,,,,lol

ok lar they have A. madrid and valencia mah

and beside the intensity.... it is also actually the non existence of a winter break that shag out the players at the latter stages

i think it is going to be a boring game... especially if half time still 0-0

Atetico definitely a force in the La Liga this season. Valencia I feel still can't find the stability.

The lack of winter break was also mocked by Klopp in his recent presser. Can see he is really pissed to play Man City and Sunderland in less than 48hrs, which in his view, is crazy. :D

Boring game unless JM parked bus. However, I don't think he will.

I want to see Man City winning the League this year by a points margin of greater than 10 points. Else, I agree that he is talking cork.

Sorry but I think it was the Mirror journo who wrote it. Pep did not mention anything about Leicester winning by 10 points last season.

It is because EPL is so competitive that's why Pep didn't have that kind of luxury to rest his star players. It is also due to lack of competitiveness that Barcelona, Real and Aletico all registered big wins. Did their opponents just roll over and die? If so yes, then I agree maybe La Liga lacked intensity. If they have fought hard but still can't overcome their more illustrious opponents, it is the gulf in quality and not the lack of intensity.

On the injuries, being more physical, having to play more games could also play a part imo.

Can't recall JM or Ancelotti compared on the intensity of the leagues but even if they did, their views do not invalidate what Pep had said. Opinions can differ. Just like I might disagree with you, I would still respect your opinion.

I watched his interview on that. I believe his message to the reporter is: Respect other leagues.

Ok fair enough, you are with Pep on EPL not as intense as La Liga and Bundesliga. No one is saying other teams roll over and die and anyway that doesn't equate to intensity. Intensity is about playing on the edge for the full 90 mins n more and not being able to rest on your laurels knowing the game is not won till the final whistle is blown. Most of the EPL games are like this. Anyway how can a League be intense when it's not competitive? There is an obvious co-relation to the 2.

I'm with JM, Ancelotti and others that EPL is the most intense and for a league which is supposedly not as intense as the other 2, we have a dedicated EPL thread here and strangely a not intensed League can bring in the most viewers round the World and most sponsorship overall. 

It's not exactly true England has the most games. Both La Liga and EPL are 38 game season. The FA Cup is one legged affairs unlike King's Cup which is 2 legged. Of course there are replays in FA Cup but not every round. Admittedly, England has the additional League Cup but the UEL and UCL teams only enter at last 32 stage and more often than not they get k/o early cos they're not interested in this competition so overall I don't see many more games for English teams.

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 3

you very fierce,,,,,,lol

ok lar they have A. madrid and valencia mah

and beside the intensity.... it is also actually the non existence of a winter break that shag out the players at the latter stages

Not about being fierce but correcting an obvious misconception from supposedly the World's top coach. For a coach, only 8 games into his maiden EPL season n to reply in this manner shows either he's arrogant or he is underestimating the EPL. 

Of course, he's entitled to his opinion just like we are as well. I do agree with the non existence WInter break having a part to play as well.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3