BPL 16/17 - The Exciting Season Begins Part 1

Picnic06-Biante15

No bro.

The Sun lied about Hillsborough. Liverpool fans boycott that rag since then.

You can read more here. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/26/how-the-suns-truth-about-hillsborough-unravelled?0p19G=c

Even as an overseas Pool fan, I still do my part. Never read or quote anything from that rag. :)

This I agree, u cannot go any lower than the Sun...pure tabloid trash

• Praise 4

When was the last time Man City won?

Pep a genius manager? My ass.

Manuel Pellegrini was a far better manager

but was never appreciated.

:D

• Praise 5

Haha, Jamesc seems u not the only one who thinks this way!

DM article on Pep n heat is certainly on him. Was unbeaten in his first 10 games with City n hailed a genius n if he doesn't win at Saints, it will be 5 games without a win n counting.

Sorry seems like my last few posts have all been on him, no agenda just like to discuss the latest issues of the day n he has been it. I suppose being the highest profile Mgr comes with a price n also with lots of critics waiting to pounce. His risky philosophy bound to draw attention when things go wrong but football is funny isn't it, it can easily turn in his favour with a few good wins n presto, he's flavour of the month again, funny game

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 6

Nice article. My respect for Pep just upped a notch.

Always like manager with a playing philosophy and stick with it. His point is valid. He landed this job because Man City knows about his style and want him here. If just because results don't go his way and he starts to doubt himself and change style, then he will no longer be deserved to be in the elite managers bracket.

I know not all rate him as a manager as judging criteria is different. Mostly saying he got all these trophies because he managed all the rich and mega clubs in leagues that only have 2-3 powerhouses. To a certain extend, this is true.

However, using this point to say he is not a good manager, is equally unfair. Whoever the manager and whichever club he managing, I always maintained the same. 3 years minimal to judge.

• Praise 1

Always like manager with a playing philosophy and stick with it. His point is valid. He landed this job because Man City knows about his style and want him here. If just because results don't go his way and he starts to doubt himself and change style, then he will no longer be deserved to be in the elite managers bracket.

I know not all rate him as a manager as judging criteria is different. Mostly saying he got all these trophies because he managed all the rich and mega clubs in leagues that only have 2-3 powerhouses. To a certain extend, this is true.

However, using this point to say he is not a good manager, is equally unfair. Whoever the manager and whichever club he managing, I always maintained the same. 3 years minimal to judge.

Pep is a good Mgr no doubt on this but my take is he's not yet up there amongst the greats. Sweep the floor with City in the EPL n he'll get closer to that select group. I do agree also that can't say u manage Barca n BM so easy, this one whilst some truth is being disrespectful to him cos u still need to beat the opponents regularly to win the League n also there are things like man management, tactics etc to achieve your goals so give him so credit where it's due.

And yes being steadfast is a good thing in a sense cos if u r wishy washy means will change according to the whims n fancies of the day n what is popularly demanded which is a dangerous game to play. That said as pundits n fans alike, we should post what we feel honestly even if it means going against the top Mgrs n their philosophy cos that is our belief as well. No right n wrong in this n that's what this forum is all about n journo articles as well.

• Praise 3

Pep is a good Mgr no doubt on this but my take is he's not yet up there amongst the greats. Sweep the floor with City in the EPL n he'll get closer to that select group. I do agree also that can't say u manage Barca n BM so easy, this one whilst some truth is being disrespectful to him cos u still need to beat the opponents regularly to win the League n also there are things like man management, tactics etc to achieve your goals so give him so credit where it's due.

And yes being steadfast is a good thing in a sense cos if u r wishy washy means will change according to the whims n fancies of the day n what is popularly demanded which is a dangerous game to play. That said as pundits n fans alike, we should post what we feel honestly even if it means going against the top Mgrs n their philosophy cos that is our belief as well. No right n wrong in this n that's what this forum is all about n journo articles as well.

i think we should not judge him too early,

personally i hope he dun win too much in first season.

but they still on top.

scarly they went on to win double.

the season less then 1/4 gone only lol [;)]

i think we should not judge him too early,

personally i hope he dun win too much in first season.

but they still on top.

scarly they went on to win double.

the season less then 1/4 gone only lol [;)]

From a neutral perspective, u r right cos a one horse race will be to the detriment of the League n makes it unexciting n nothing to talk about nor look forward to. I'm quite sure it won't be this season cos the top 5 other teams are strong enough to challenge City n cos it's his first season, he won't have it all his own way as he clears players who r not suited to his style n get in those he feels can carry out his philosophy, Bravo being the clear example.

All the top Mgrs will be targets not only Pep cos they r up the perch with their high pay, big reputations meaning they are game for the pundits n fans alike. Even an avg Mgr like Sam also targetted though I don't like nor agree with the way he was tricked, cheers!

• Praise 3

A true LFC fan :))

Just feel the need to show solidarity and that's really all I can do. Want to show that rag that they had messed with the wrong city, the wrong football club. :)

I disagree... in a top tier club, the foundation is already there.... there should not be any reason to do major changes unless ownself key kiang.....

They should be judged at max... the 2nd season

He landed the job because he has been winning trophies .... he is able to win it with style because he manages only the top clubs in the world

He landed the job because he has been winning trophies .... he is able to win it with style because he manages only the top clubs in the world

I agree. He has only managed to 2 clubs...n both clubs were already great when he took over. Barca was already playing that style, so he basically inherit the style n carried on. Bayern....aiyah...no need to talk abt german league la.

I agree. He has only managed to 2 clubs...n both clubs were already great when he took over. Barca was already playing that style, so he basically inherit the style n carried on. Bayern....aiyah...no need to talk abt german league la.

the record for bayern was even better b4 he took over.

Pellegrini was appreciated, probably yes

As for Pep, still too early to judge,

A good manager, probably yes based on titles,

a great one? time will tell

• Praise 7

the record for bayern was even better b4 he took over.

True but prob rest of the teams gave up when they play bayern leh.

With the kind of squad. Its seems more difficult to lose a game leh

• Praise 1

True but prob rest of the teams gave up when they play bayern leh.

With the kind of squad. Its seems more difficult to lose a game leh

they win the C.L  also if i not mistaken.

despite taking over and spending more, pep could not win C.L with bayern

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1