BPL 16/17 - The Exciting Season Begins Part 1

Picnic06-Biante15

Man City defense is turning into a comedy :D

Pep is simply tinkering too much to his backline imo.

It was quite obvious even before the season started that defence is City's weakness esp CBs. They did bring in Stones but they needed at least one more. Granted there is a worldwide shortage of quality defenders but surely City shld have allocated resources for that rather than spend n a goalie, winger which were not priorities n now that want to spend on striker n MF, strange I feel.

Mangala n Demichelis shifted out, Kompany always injured. Otamendi n Stones the only 2 CBs left?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

It was quite obvious even before the season started that defence is City's weakness esp CBs. They did bring in Stones but they needed at least one more. Granted there is a worldwide shortage of quality defenders but surely City shld have allocated resources for that rather than spend n a goalie, winger which were not priorities n now that want to spend on striker n MF, strange I feel.

Mangala n Demichelis shifted out, Kompany always injured. Otamendi n Stones the only 2 CBs left?

Not buying enough cover could be a mistake but I feel their problem now is not due to this.

New keeper, new CB in Stones, that's already 2 out of 5 in the backline you need to bed in. The only way to do it is to let them play as an unit as much as possible. However, this is not what Pep is doing.

Can try raiding Tampines FC.. they all want to leave..

Stones probably singing in the dressing room - "我问天..." or "Life is a roller coaster, you just got to ride it."

Pep ah pep...做么你这样怪的? 3+1 defenders? Wait Bravo兄 plays volleyball block outside his box again how?

Is simone really that good? Simone used to play for inter right? They may have upper hand then

Aub not first choice with city and chelsea maybe still can understand.... but not even at spurs?

If I am not wrong, there was a revamp of german youth system... and now the rewards are in...

Simone is one of the coaches that develop players. That's why I feel he will suit Arsenal to the Tee.

Actually to discuss whether Auba can start at which team is pointless as all down to who is the manager if the team. Say for example, we will all start Auba ahead of Benteke. However, Pardew might think that Benteke suits his game better, being physically stronger and possesses higher arial threat.

If Pep wants Auba to replace Kun, then there is no way he won't be first choice. Similar argument with Pool's keeper situation now. We can argue Karius yet to show he is better than Migs. So should we just play Migs because the is EPL proven? Karius is keeping his place simply because Klopp wants him to be the new No.1

Ya, the German FA enforces all U-xx teams to play the same way as the NT so that the young players will be better equipped and ready to move up the levels.

Edited by Osprey23

Stones probably singing in the dressing room - "我问天..." or "Life is a roller coaster, you just got to ride it."

Pep ah pep...做么你这样怪的? 3+1 defenders? Wait Bravo兄 plays volleyball block outside his box again how?

He should just ask Bro Kompany why he stopped running.

He should just ask Bro Kompany why he stopped running.

Pep wants bravo to be the sweeper mah. So he let him be but that fellow probably thinking THE sweeper is backed...ended up both hesitated on that 'in between' kind of ball...

Pep wants bravo to be the sweeper mah. So he let him be but that fellow probably thinking THE sweeper is backed...ended up both hesitated on that 'in between' kind of ball...

He should only stopped when he is sure that the on rushing keeper will reach the ball first. Else, he should track Redmond.

But agree, lack of understand is the issue with their backline now

Tonight both home teams starting with 3 at the back. I would think Conte should do better as it is his pet formation.

Looking at Man Utd's set up, likely to adopt same approach vs Liverpool

City end up playing 4 4 2

and Pep played Navas as a right back.

Genius manager?

How many games without a win now?

:D

After 90 min of tactical change, not really that unusual. Wait till he change formation 6 times, then I say he genius. :D

5 games? Good lah, so that others can have chance to catch up mah

• Praise 1

John stones is "good".. if hes worth 48m.

I tink lovren is worth 100m