Swiber

SG 10 year govt bond this year dropped to 1.76%

1 year sibor is at 1.3%

Interest rates are going to remain low for the foreseeable future. The interest rate "shock" is not going to happen for years.

The same cards have been dealt since a long time ago. Interest moves a bit many companies collapse. For the last year I have been saying ignore the noise. Interest rates are going to be stuck for a very long time. This is the best time for some types of loans and to accumulate savings to pay off if many years later interest rates really rise.
↡ Advertisement

Personal interests means many things lah... change job, sit at home PCC, go for cooking class....

Actually Swiber is a listed company and directors can just quit and "pursue personal interests" ... wtf ...  [thumbsdown]

Personal interests means many things lah... change job, sit at home PCC, go for cooking class....

yeah, but Directors have a duty to shareholders ... good times take directors' pay, bad times just jump ship.

I do not recall any other cases in SG where directors of listed co just like that bail out.

• Praise 1

There are some trying to prevent liquidation. Not sure if they will succeed but fingers crossed.

yeah, but Directors have a duty to shareholders ... good times take directors' pay, bad times just jump ship.

I do not recall any other cases in SG where directors of listed co just like that bail out.

nobody really want to kio sai to be brutally honest.

IF I am a director there, I will also dutifully take my salary every month, but when sh1ts hit the fans, I also want to run without needing to tend to the sh1ts. You stay back kio sai also no salary to take home. After all, most of the directors also tan jiak one lah.

Don't know how much trade payable is outstanding, if you are small, you may not be able to afford a major write off. Even secured lenders like DBS expects only to recover 50%, the unsecured trade creditors and bond holders sure cui. Swiber will go to grave with some.

Aiya, what is 700M to DBS, peanuts  [lipsrsealed]

Poor unsecured shareholders........ [bounce1]

Thanks for the rate checker.

Reckon rates have come down a bit as likelihood of Fed hiking rates for next few months has diminished.

My guess is Fed will be raising rates only once this year.

Wonder if we will see OC at 5 again.. they should be fine, wealth management side covering retail losses, been this way since they bought ING

Supersonic

Separately, Swiber said that "an error" was made in an earlier announcement regarding director and group chief financial officer Leonard Tay's resignation, and he remains as its CFO.

Can withdraw resignation?

(edited)

Can withdraw resignation?

now announcements to SGX really no standard, can suka suka post already then say opps got error ...  :mellow:

chaps probably realised they can't get away scot free from this so now better stay on and be seen to be co-operative ...  [:p]

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 4

Supersonic

now announcements to SGX really no standard, can suka suka post already then say opps got error ... :mellow:

chaps probably realised they can't get away scot free from this so now better stay on and be seen to be co-operative ... [:p]

More like because the main creditor (is it dbs?) Is willing to help them so it means he can continue to get salary so why quit?

Supersonic

Oh, so this is the concept in action.... of simi if u owe bank 1k, they hammer u If u owe them 1000k, they bail u out ..

• Praise 15

(edited)

swiber is too big to fail and need to be bailed out ar?

if kepcock i can understand ... swiber?

Edited by Wt_know

Supersonic
(edited)

swiber is too big to fail and need to be bailed out ar?

if kepcock i can understand ... swiber?

You nv hear before meh?

If you owe the bank 1000s and cannot pay, you are in trouble. If you owe the bank 1 bil dollars and cannot pay, it is the bank that is in trouble.

Now DBS is in trouble lor. Bailout is for DBS, not swiber.

Edited by Kusje
↡ Advertisement