Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
60 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:36 PM

G_mann
  • G_mann
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This will be a New Thread For Alfa Discussion:

Cheers

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:48 PM

adagio
  • Premium member
    adagio
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i'm considering an Alfa 159. anything i need to take note or check when viewing the car? I understand all cars have their own issues. Want to understand more.

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:51 PM

G_mann
  • G_mann
    1st Gear
    Author Image

i'm considering an Alfa 159. anything i need to take note or check when viewing the car? I understand all cars have their own issues. Want to understand more.

An Alfa is like no other car. It has high wear and tear parts so you probably need to ask for service records and maybe bring over to a reputable Alfa Workshop (There are a few around) and have it checked out.

But wear and tear you can never guarantee when it will pop up.

And like all conti cars, the car parts don't come cheap and believe me it is as reliable as the next conti car in the market.

It all depends on the upkeep of the previous owner as well.

But whether to buy an Alfa lies flatly on your experience of the car.

Go and test drive it and if you like the feeling then go for it.

Either you love it or you hate it.

Good Luck

For more info pls browse through Part VIII as there are a few people who have asked similar questions and others have given their views.

Cheers

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:57 AM

Matt156c
  • Matt156c
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Let us know the car you are interested. Some are ex owner that we know.

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:39 PM

Crazybugger
  • Premium member
    Crazybugger
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

My ABS has failed - anyone know where i should get it fixed?  [shakehead]

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:00 PM

T816B
  • T816B
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

My bella is acting weird lately.

Sometimes, it takes a couple of seconds to engage into Reverse or 1st Gear when I just got into the car.

There was also occasion that the gear remained at 2nd gear when the bella came to a complete stop (should be at 1st gear) .

Plug into the examiner and check the resevoir pressure. It's about 46 bar at max, then gradually drops to 37 bar in about 2 minutes before the Selespeed Pump pumps up the pressure again.

What could be the problem? Resevoir? Actuator? Clutch? Mileage done is 87,000km

How much is a new Actuator?

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

Theredstar
  • Premium member
    Theredstar
    4th Gear
    Author Image

My ABS has failed - anyone know where i should get it fixed? [shakehead]

How failed?

My bella is acting weird lately.

Sometimes, it takes a couple of seconds to engage into Reverse or 1st Gear when I just got into the car.

There was also occasion that the gear remained at 2nd gear when the bella came to a complete stop (should be at 1st gear) .

Plug into the examiner and check the resevoir pressure. It's about 46 bar at max, then gradually drops to 37 bar in about 2 minutes before the Selespeed Pump pumps up the pressure again.

What could be the problem? Resevoir? Actuator? Clutch? Mileage done is 87,000km

How much is a new Actuator?

Sounds like accumulator is not able to hold the pressure.

If accumulator, is cheap(er).

Actuator will be another can of worms altogether
Bitten and Smitten

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:41 PM

T816B
  • T816B
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

How failed?

Any idea the pricing for accumaltor and actuator in Singapore?

What could be the possible root cause of my bella?

Thanks.

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

Theredstar
  • Premium member
    Theredstar
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Any idea the pricing for accumaltor and actuator in Singapore?

What could be the possible root cause of my bella?

Thanks.

Accumulator can buy cheap(er) online.

Otherwise the accumulator + tank + pump shld be 1k+?
Actuator side is more expensive.

Haven't gotten down to do the math yet but I think all in 3+ 4 can settle.

Better to over provide. Excess can mod. Lol
Let's wait for the bros who change before advise better.
Bitten and Smitten

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:48 PM

Hyperboxer
  • Premium member
    Hyperboxer
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Just got my actuator and clutch changed at 3.3k at As at 112k km.
Theredstar and Saabretooth praised this

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:50 PM

Redvios
  • Redvios
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi All, i think i met some dumb ass car dealer trying to b funny & tell me 159 is sensitive to petrol we use.. When I collect my 159 no check light surfaced almost empty tank fuel... I go top up shell 95 2nd day morning engine check light surfaced.. I ask the car dealer.. He told me to finish my current tank & top up using ESSO instead of shell.. Dear all alfa owner.. Does this make any sense?? Please advise... May i join watsapp groupchat??

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:41 PM

Theredstar
  • Premium member
    Theredstar
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi All, i think i met some dumb ass car dealer trying to b funny & tell me 159 is sensitive to petrol we use.. When I collect my 159 no check light surfaced almost empty tank fuel... I go top up shell 95 2nd day morning engine check light surfaced.. I ask the car dealer.. He told me to finish my current tank & top up using ESSO instead of shell.. Dear all alfa owner.. Does this make any sense?? Please advise... May i join watsapp groupchat??

Nope. Doesn't make sense at all... That people are still buying Alfa!!!

Monitor the situation, try different brands and grades fuel.

Remember this is an Alfa.
A little TLC goes a long way.

Welcome to our world!!
Bitten and Smitten

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:07 PM

Redvios
  • Redvios
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Nope. Doesn't make sense at all... That people are still buying Alfa!!!

Monitor the situation, try different brands and grades fuel.

Remember this is an Alfa.
A little TLC goes a long way.

Welcome to our world!!

Thanks Alot Bro! Other den the engine check light is irritating me... I loving this beast so far!!

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:52 PM

Armvalkyrie
  • Premium member
    Armvalkyrie
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Thanks Alot Bro! Other den the engine check light is irritating me... I loving this beast so far!!

Hi,

Same I took over Alfa 159 last Fri, and CEL is on.. was advised probably becoz of petrol grade... 

Anyway, went to VICOM for 7th year inspection, also pass and no issue...  [;)]

Did not notice CEL affecting any system till now... "cross my fingers and toes"  [angel]

Cheers.... 

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:04 PM

Redvios
  • Redvios
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,

Same I took over Alfa 159 last Fri, and CEL is on.. was advised probably becoz of petrol grade...

Anyway, went to VICOM for 7th year inspection, also pass and no issue... [;)]

Did not notice CEL affecting any system till now... "cross my fingers and toes" [angel]

Cheers....

Thanks Armvalkyrie!! For the advise!! Cheers!

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:06 PM

Crazybugger
  • Premium member
    Crazybugger
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Alarm Code C1266 - ABS Pump Failure

I get the alarms on the dash for the VDC and ABS failure

How failed?

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:29 PM

T816B
  • T816B
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Will have to see what's the real cause before I can do anything. Sigh.

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:50 PM

D3badge
  • D3badge
    6th Gear
    Author Image

There are certain truth in this... Happens to my ex Alfa a 3.2 159. Ever since the new nitro vpower formula my Alfa always CEL! You can go to Alfa sportive , Peter can examine for you and if it is really due to petrol, it will say error on fuel mix

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:00 PM

G_mann
  • G_mann
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi Bro, Welcome to the world of Alfa. Some of the us do have this type of symptoms. Join us during out month end meetup and we can share with you all the little quirks and joys driving an Alfa can bring.

Cheers

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:17 AM

Redvios
  • Redvios
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

There are certain truth in this... Happens to my ex Alfa a 3.2 159. Ever since the new nitro vpower formula my Alfa always CEL! You can go to Alfa sportive , Peter can examine for you and if it is really due to petrol, it will say error on fuel mix

Thanks D3badge! Will try to do so!!

Hi Bro, Welcome to the world of Alfa. Some of the us do have this type of symptoms. Join us during out month end meetup and we can share with you all the little quirks and joys driving an Alfa can bring.

Cheers

Thanks Bro! Appreciated! I will definitely be there for the next meet up!! Cheers! Do pm me to join u guys whatsapp groupchat if can...

Back to Alfa Romeo Club  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: alfa romeo, #alfa and 7 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users