Honda Vezel or Kia K3

Brianlee

altis or mazda 3,

qashqai for the mini SUV looks.

Personally i much prefer the sharper design of the qashqai, and the well known reliability of the altis. Lol.

K3 over Vezel.

Only thing about Vezel is that it looks nice with SUV look.

The noise (both road noise and internal noise) in Vezel is what makes the car unbearable.

K3 is a fine car just that it seems to be underpowered.

I don't know about K3. However vezel on cvt there shouldn't be any feeback on gear shift at all. Is more like gradual climb in speed not like traditional AT where you can feel the upshift or downshift of gear.

Unless you shift to s mode. Or your vezel come with paddle shift. Otherwise there should not be any gear at all. You might want to bring it back to workshop.

K3 is more powerful on the drive and the gear change is not as smooth as Vezel.

This is my original comment. U seem not to understand what I stated? K3 is not smooth unlike Vezel?

K3 can feel the gear shift and acceleration whereas Vezel u can't?

I think I will be the best person to answer this questions as I have both cars and I have driven and sat on the passenger seat as well as the behind seat for both as well.

For head space, Vezel wins but overall K3 feels wider at the rear side. Comfort wise for passengers my 5 y.o prefers the K3(that tells u a lot) Maybe becos the older Vezel suspension is very stiff (bounce even if u pass hump slowly) but hear the newer version is improved.

Plus K3 has rear aircon.

Jap and Korean cars is cheap to maintain compare to conti but so far non breakdown so hard to tell u which. P.I service workshop is outsource but doesn't mean its no good. C&C dented my front door on my first service!!!

K3 is more powerful on the drive and the gear change is not as smooth as Vezel. Depends if u like what kind of driving experience. Vezel is higher gives u better overall area of sight. Actually the K3 is longer, harder to parallel park. K3 has better handling IMO for someone who likes better control on the road while Vezel feels easier to drive.

FC Vezel wins hands down. My K3 is doing 9.5l/100km think Vezel is like 8+/-

thanks for sharing bro.

among sedan, i prefer K3

and, among SUV, i prefer Vezel. this is the reason why i make a comparison.

im driving sedan, but understand driving the suv how the shiok feel it is.

i may drive twice a year travel to malaysia(long trips). then the back seat comfortable feeling is what i concern.

k3. because vezel is way too common. vezel rear seats kinda uncomfortable for long trips due to the angle.

It is true that for long trips, sedan car should be more comfortable than SUV?

thanks for sharing bro.

among sedan, i prefer K3

i may drive twice a year travel to malaysia(long trips). then the back seat comfortable feeling is what i concern.

Many years ago, I guess maybe 10 years ago, my first car, a Mz 2, can already adjust the tilt of the back rest for back seat. For Vezel, I believe the adjustment of the back rest should be a standard feature.

thanks for sharing bro.

among sedan, i prefer K3

For driving long distance, actually Vezel should is better especially road trips to Malaysia, taller vehicle gives u better view. But for comfort for passengers, K3 is better than Vezel if u hv more than 2 person behind, as the centre seat for Vezel is not comfy for the third person comparative to K3. And the rear aircon is a plus. So u exchange driver comfort for ur paseenger comfort lor.

Neutral Newbie

My two cents..

I drove an FD1 for about seven years and just collected my Vezel last Friday. Compared to my civic, the vezel is more comfortable and spacious for both driver and passenger. And to clarify any doubts, the rear seats' backrests has two recline positions. The vezel also has a lot of knee space for back passengers even with front seats fully moved back (I'm rather tall). 

It is also true that the vezel is a lot bumpier, especially if one travels on KPE often. Can feel a bit "seasick" initially but should become acclimatised to it after a few days.

Still trying to come to terms with becoming a bit stoned if driving late at night or for more than 30 mins in light traffic, maybe its because it's more comfortable than ex-FD1 or maybe the air con ionizer works too well (cannot be turned off). Lol.

Supersonic

Vezel so common.. every 50m spot one. Mostly bought new.. next time you see how when sell altogether.

It's the new Altis.

I was in your shoe too.

For ref - I'm 1.7m tall.

For the pass 2 years I've been yearning for K3 with the specs and all.

But when it was time for me to decide in May this year, I went to check both out physically.

Went to Kah motor to check out the HRV. Techs all over. Was very impressed.

Then went to Kia. Dint spend 10 minutes there as immediately saw how outdated the dashboard was compared to HRV.

Went to PI to check out Vezel. Turns out all the same with HRV with better power, MIJ and cheaper.

Hands down.

Power wise Vezel is impressive. You can't compare if you're downgrading.

Drive is good. K3 a bit lag when I test drove.

Size wise vezel seems better leg room. Seats can be folded if require more boot space.

Options:

If HRV comes with MIJ and competitive price (which I understand they are), go for HRV.

The Jazz is also a good option with 1.5l engine.

Honda Grace (basically a MIJ City) could be another option. It shares the same 130bhp 1.5L Earth Dreams engine as the Vezel. It should offer better pickup and fuel consumption than the K3. But interior plastics will lose out to the K3.

Just sharing my two cents worth.

Vezel high chance to be mistaken as UberCar because Lion City Rental (Uber) has bought a few hundred of them and will continue to buy a few hundred more.

Vezel too common liao. Everywhere oso see one. Especially white one. As an owner, u may feel bored after seeing so many Vezel on the road. Some may even think u drive a rental car.

Anyway it's a good choice especially for those people who don't mind being common.

Vezel high chance to be mistaken as UberCar because Lion City Rental (Uber) has bought a few hundred of them and will continue to buy a few hundred more.

Dont think people would bother much, cause few hundred of them could be ubercar, but also few hundred of them could be private own car. Lol.

↡ Advertisement