Honda Vezel or Kia K3

Brianlee

Twincharged

Korean car is good if your expectation on the car is low. If not somehow in a way jap car afterall maybe still better than korean car?!

10 years ago, maybe what you said is true. Now its the other way round already. 

↡ Advertisement

Korean car is good if your expectation on the car is low. If not somehow in a way jap car afterall maybe still better than korean car?!

My FIL preferred my previous korean car than my current german car. [laugh] He say interior space, korean win. Ride comfort, korean win. German car suspension very stiff.

I told him I prefer current german car cos of the stiffer suspension(less body roll) and acceleration. [drivingcar]  [grin]

Korean car for the win. [laugh]

No longer the case for the Thai assembled Japanese cars, which are not as hardy as the Japan assembled ones.

I know of a 16 yr old G9 Corolla where the original factory fitted aircon compressor is still working.

Parts in the Thairollas are not as lasting

Maybe depends on which thai made car also? Like toyota cars have been thai made for very long liao, but seems like still ok? Lol.

Go to KM show room, slam the rear hatch door of the Thai-o Jazz. Light like fcuk with a piak, hollow-sounding closure.

Front bonnet cover and doors closure no better.

Not confidence inspiring at all. A tin can of a car!

Supersonic
(edited)

Go to KM show room, slam the rear hatch door of the Thai-o Jazz. Light like fcuk with a piak, hollow-sounding closure.

Not confidence inspiring at all. A tin can of a car!

Edited by 13177

Turbocharged

I think what you pay is what you get plus branding. Do remember branding cost alot. So, if you are going for 'value' for money, you should know what to get. Again, 'value' is very difficult to define if you include many other stuff :a-SOS:

Not confidence inspiring at all. A tin can of a car! ð

Go next door and do same for Accent rear hatch door. First it's so much heavier than the Jazz's and slams with a solid thud. Similarly the doors and bonnet lid. So much heavier and more solid than the Jazz! ðð¼

Enuf said of Thai-o Jap cars.

Personally I'd steer clear of 'em ð©

I don't think it's because MIJ or MIT, more to model dependent.

Go try close the door or bonnet of a MIT HRV vs MIJ HRV/VEZEL. Can't tell much diff.

Then try to do the same on a MIT civic and compare with MIJ hrv/vezel.

I believe many people do not bother on the sound of the closing door is solid or hollow lo, they are more interested looking at the make of the car. Lol.

Wait until their hollow MIT car get smashed up ... with casualties, or fatality ... see whether they still interested in only the make of the car!

Twincharged

I believe many people do not bother on the sound of the closing door is solid or hollow lo, they are more interested looking at the make of the car. Lol.

True. No wonder nowadays so many KIA and Hyundai on the roads. 

Supersonic

Wait until their hollow MIT car get smashed up ... with casualties, or fatality ... see whether they still interested in only the make of the car!

A heavier car does not necessarily mean better survival.

The Jap / Thai car may suffer dents more easier, that about it.

A Kia with two airbags will provide less protection than a lighter Vezel / HRV with six airbags, Honda Sensing, and crash prevention features.

So unless you compare like with like, eg the same suite of features, it doesn't mean the lighter car will lose out.

Furthermore that lighter car will consume less petrol.

Now if you intend to do the kamikaze drive ala the Merc driver, then a heavier tank like build will allow you to mow down more people / cars before your engine is whacked beyond shape..  [drivingcar]

Twincharged

A heavier car does not necessarily mean better survival.

The Jap / Thai car may suffer dents more easier, that about it.

A Kia with two airbags will provide less protection than a lighter Vezel / HRV with six airbags, Honda Sensing, and crash prevention features.

So unless you compare like with like, eg the same suite of features, it doesn't mean the lighter car will lose out.

Furthermore that lighter car will consume less petrol.

Now if you intend to do the kamikaze drive ala the Merc driver, then a heavier tank like build will allow you to mow down more people / cars before your engine is whacked beyond shape..  [drivingcar]

The problem is many of the Jap cars in sg sold with many of the safety features removed while for the same price, you get the korean one with all the safety features intact.

Supersonic

The problem is many of the Jap cars in sg sold with many of the safety features removed while for the same price, you get the korean one with all the safety features intact.

Not necessary true for all korean car. Some korean car also have some safety features removed lo.

Twincharged

Not necessary true for all korean car. Some korean car also have some safety features removed lo.

Yup. But when i was looking for a new car, I realised that for the same price, most of the time, korean cars will have more safety stuff compared to the jap. More features and better specs in general also.

• Praise 1

In this car the Vezel that is being dissed will survive a crash better than the Korean car, which may live up to its name: KIA ..

;)

Twincharged
(edited)

In this car the Vezel that is being dissed will survive a crash better than the Korean car, which may live up to its name: KIA ..

;)

Yup. In this case the Vezel got more airbags. Dunno why now they don't bring in the K3 with all the airbags, at the time when i was shopping for cars, they had the one with all the airbags. If they have that, then the K3 will be safer than the Vezel.

Edited by Nzy

Why ?

Cut costs because Kia buyers want price over safety.

The first few batches had the full suite of bags but they cost more relative to other brands.

Looking at the HRV which should be the comparator since that's the AD model, you have to pay 25k or so over a mid tier Kia.

The buyer looking at the Kia won't be the same one who wants to buy the HRV.

↡ Advertisement