Rio 2016 Olympics/Paralympics

Finally, we've something to shout about.

To me, her achievement is comparable to the first Olympics medal won by Tan Howe Liang 48 years back. Well done Laurentia Tan

↡ Advertisement

wait until we see how our local born citizen athletes are treated on their return first.

spend millions on the FTs, give instant red ICs, give $$thousands monthly... what did our local athletes get???

are they gonna again "throw" them $10k consolation for all the hard work like they did Tan Howe Liang??

nonetheless, congrates to Laurentia, truly proud of her.

Sad but totally agreed with u.

For those who get instant IC and play or Singapore, in their eyes is not Gold, Silver and Bronze medals, but 1.0 mil, 0.5mil and 0.25mil Singapore dollar.

Neutral Newbie

Agree...In fact, the prize $$$ for them should be more cos dispite the fact that they are handicapped, they still train and compete..So this type of "Nve give up" mentality is a true sportsman...

Lucky for her to have the good opportunity to enjoy the things that even normal people like me does not have the chance to do.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that she is not based/living in Singapore.

I am proud of laurentia tan's achievement as well. In fact, those who represent SG at the national level deserves our support and appreciation.

Tere are those who want to emphasis that one is a "true-blue' Singaporean, as compared to medal s who are allegedly not "rue-blue"

I read somewhere that LT left Singapore at a very age. In fact, she is based and works in UK now. Nothing wrong with this at all - for her sport which is equestrian or horse riding, she may be better off being foeign-based, perhaps due to lack of competition opporutnities here.

There are those who left other countries and became Singaporean and achieved success after many years here, but there are also those who left SG years ago, though they retain their citizenship. I wonder which one is more singaporean; and whether this question makes sense at all. Fact is that we have no choice but to live in a globalised world.