Rio 2016 Olympics/Paralympics

For me it's rather simple.

For s'porean who are out of s'pore for most part of their life. As long as their heart is still with s'pore and represent s'pore...it's ok.

For FT. As long as their initial main intention of coming to s'pore is for reasons other than sports eg. education, accompany parents who are working here, migrate to s'pore, etc. Representing s'pore as a result of them being here...I'm find that OK too.

I heard from the radio this morning that she moved to England with her mother at the age of 3 and takes up horse riding as part of the treatment therapy.

Despite spending almost all her life time there, she didn

2012 London Paralympics have just begun. These athletes are true heroes. No riches were promised, they made do with much less support. In fact they have to work harder than people with normal abilities. Representing Singapore are 8 athletes, participating in the sports of boccia, equestrian, sailing and swimming. All home grown. They are much more suitable role models and inspiration to our children and younger generation than FTs.

To all Paralympic athletes from all over the world : You are all already heroes and winners!

I feel great pride in reading about her 2 medals, and if I see her on the streets will go up to congratulate her.

I felt nothing when we won the table tennis medals, and would not spare the time of day if I saw the ping pong players in public.

I feel great pride in reading about her 2 medals, and if I see her on the streets will go up to congratulate her.

I felt nothing when we won the table tennis medals, and would not spare the time of day if I saw the ping pong players in public.

yup. its quite f--king moving for me that she won. i mean like in her state, not easy man.

i agree .. we won more in the paralympics because she was born and bred here .. we didnt have to "buy" (for lack of a better word) her ... the table tennis stuff was meh ... but this article really moved me ... her parents have also sacrificed a lot for her (according to today's ST)

i agree .. we won more in the paralympics because she was born and bred here .. we didnt have to "buy" (for lack of a better word) her ... the table tennis stuff was meh ... but this article really moved me ... her parents have also sacrificed a lot for her (according to today's ST)

aiyah table tennis competitions is a global industry. everyone is into it, cheapning that medal maybe. still, no harm buying if win medal. i only pissed if buy talent and don't win medal! 50 years later, singapore would just remember that we won bronze or silver, not that they are not born/bred singaporeans.

yup. its quite f--king moving for me that she won. i mean like in her state, not easy man.

I don't know how true.. but the prize money for bronze at the Paralympics (given by our govt) is 50k, but bronze at the olympics is 250k.. <_<

Start a new thread on the upcoming event in 2016, you guys can discuss and post all the news here.

However, things don't look good for the host country with so many negatives news regarding safety, health, hygiene, etc.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3