Chong Wei tear in his triple silver medalist ... *respect*

Don't think we will see LD and CW in Tokyo 2020 ... old already

post-7984-0-38322000-1471752604_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Its Written In the STAR

NEYMAR

Just watch Brazil win the Men's football Gold 5-4 on penalties after 1-1 at full time.
Neymar scored the winning penalty as he also opened the scoring with a free kick during normal time.

Sweet revenge for the Brazilians who now have won all the major football titles. Party time at the Copacabana, well done

• Praise 7

$75 million .... huat ah!

see the 2 gigantic rings on his fingers can tell la ... lol

post-7984-0-74055900-1471767945_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know

In terms of career earnings among badminton players, LCW is the undisputed#1. The #2 doesn't even come close, not even by half. So, LCW can take comfort in that:

http://www.thecelebritiesnetworth.com/2016/02/top-10-all-time-richest-badminton-players.html

I think he'll take a gold medal over that.

But Chen Long will be the defending champion at tokyo.

Interesting to see if the danish guy can catch up. Chen Long beat him pretty easily in the semis. Probably didn't even spend half the effort needed to reach 11 points against LCW.

Edited by Lala81

And because of Malaysia's failure to bring home a gold, Singapore will finish on top of Malaysia in the standings on the sole achievement of Joseph Schooling's gold medal. 

And because of Malaysia's failure to bring home a gold, Singapore will finish on top of Malaysia in the standings on the sole achievement of Joseph Schooling's gold medal. 

3 silvers in badminton.

Pretty good haul.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Can I point out that NZ got four golds?

I think I am different from you guys. While watching LCW vs CL, I actually cheered for CL. Cos I didnt want MY to get any gold medals. [grin]

• Praise 2

WARNING : This Message Between The Two Greatest Shuttler Will Eventually Create Teardrops – Lin Dan & Lee Chong Wei

http://thecoverage.my/sports/warning-message-two-greatest-shuttler-will-eventually-create-teardrops-lin-dan-lee-chong-wei/

What a heart felt and touching messages from the 2 greatest badminton players in the world. Arch rivals they may be on the court, but off the court the friendship and respect they have for one another is genuine and real.

Lee Chong Wei has finally buried the ghost by beating Lin Dan on the world's biggest stage. LCW really pushed himself very hard by training 12hrs a day just because Lin Dan trains 10hrs a day! Jin pai tan!

In time to come, we may see their offsprings battling each other!

• Praise 4

I think I am different from you guys. While watching LCW vs CL, I actually cheered for CL. Cos I didnt want MY to get any gold medals. [grin]

I cheer for LCW cos he's a fighter. To make it to 3 consecutive finals is a great achievement.

And he's shorter than all the top players. He's only 1.72m.

Lin Dan is 2+ inches taller than him. Chen Long is 6 feet 2. The dane i think is 6 feet 4.

That's a significant disadvantage at the top level of the game.

In his post, he lamented that why he had to play in the era of the genius, Lin Dan. So he spurred himself to train harder.

He has so many 2nd place finishes in World championships and Olympics that it's really quite sad that he's not able to achieve his penultimate aim.

But he's really the people's champion.

Chen Long was a worthy winner this time. But too bad, the story of the people's champion has to end here.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

LCW said in his letter that he has a lot of silver medals.

He is desperate to have Gold even just 1 medal such as Olympic, All England, World Championship, etc

But I believe the world will remember LCW even though he has no Gold medal

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2