Samsung Note7

RadX

Recommended Retail Price? Are they doing that in these cases?

No clue. It's just my thought on what the best outcome is.

↡ Advertisement

Ok I read the FAQ. This exact question has been asked and they still don't have a clear answer.

Someone from HWZ feels that even a full price RRP refund isn't fair with an active contract. One is forced to get a replacement phone that one may not like a whole lot to quickly resume the use of the contract. And that lock in leads to a missed opportunity if a really good phone then comes on the market.

Fairest to dissolve the residual contract.

I don't think dissolving the contract beats giving the RRP refund. We're talking about a mobile phone contract right? I doubt anyone in his right mind is going to go without his phone line while waiting for a really good phone right?

In fact, continuing the contract is the best option since you've already gone 2-3 months on this contract which means you are 2-3 months closer to being able to recontract a new discounted phone. Coupled with the fact that the RRP of the note 7 is relatively high and you could get almost any other phone in the market (maybe with the exception of certain iphone models) and still have change, I think 98% of the people would opt for the RRP refund.

Dissolving the contract is only good for the minority of people who "regret" signing the contract and might want to change service providers (which has nothing to do with the faulty note 7 in the first place).

It is not in the interest of telco to break your contract, even if it's due to their fault or equipment fault, in this case.

A contract means future earnings, monthly, subscription fees and also when you exceed your voice or data quota.

Allowing you to get off that contract also means you can jump to a competitor.

So, it's unlikely to happen.

Seeking some advice here. I have a Note 7 contracted to Singtel on Combo 12 plan with the phone given for free. What phone should I get? In terms of phone value, it will make sense for me to get Apple i7 Plus. But having use Samsung for years (once a Apple iPhone user), I am concern with the need to readjust back to iPhone. If I stick with Samsung, it is likely that I get S7 Edge but that does not make financial sense as the S7 Edge would have cost less but it saves me the trouble of adjusting and data transfer. Some good advise from members here, please.

I'm in the same situation as u. Nvr tried Apple before n unlikely to use now also.. S8 rumoured to be out next mar. maybe u want to wait.. I will likely get refund n revert back to my note3 for the time being.. Lol..
  • Praise 1

I'm in the same situation as u. Nvr tried Apple before n unlikely to use now also.. S8 rumoured to be out next mar. maybe u want to wait.. I will likely get refund n revert back to my note3 for the time being.. Lol..

I'm not a note7 owner but would have gotten one if there wasn't such problems when my contract expired.

Looking at the lg v20 now.

it won't happen 'cos our case is no case.

so many people bought the brokewagon still need to live with the brokenwagon.

i have learnt to go off con-tricks as much as possible, using prepaid and buying my own handset even if it is a high end one. There's no free lunch or subsidies in reality.

It is not in the interest of telco to break your contract, even if it's due to their fault or equipment fault, in this case.

A contract means future earnings, monthly, subscription fees and also when you exceed your voice or data quota.

Allowing you to get off that contract also means you can jump to a competitor.

So, it's unlikely to happen.

it won't happen 'cos our case is no case.

so many people bought the brokewagon still need to live with the brokenwagon.

i have learnt to go off con-tricks as much as possible, using prepaid and buying my own handset even if it is a high end one. There's no free lunch or subsidies in reality.

Off contract isn't necessarily the cheapest if you include the multi line saver discounts that most telcos give. 

It also isn't best for me since company is paying my HP bills so it would benefit me to have the HP subsidies spread out across 21 or 24 months into the monthly bill. 

• Praise 1

Thank you. I'm used to the market reacting badly to bad news then picking up. The first time the scandal hit, the stock dipped as expected but quickly recovered most of its ground. But then the replacements started burning up and that should have caused a bigger dip but there was no dip, just another steady rise. And that puzzled me.

Does the S. Korean gahmen prop up these shares in any way? Just curious.

Thank you as well. The fundamentals remain strong.

I'm wondering how a full refund would work with a telco plan.

You get reimbursed for what you paid for the phone at the discounted contract price? You get the SIM back but now you have no phone to put it in. And your contract's monthly dues are still running.

So what are you left with? Buy a phone without a contract at full price?

To be fair they need to dissolve the entire contract but I don't think the telcos would wear this. Or refund the full retail price of the Note 7 (much more than was paid for the phone plus contract).

I would say the refund if direct from Samsung, it will most likely be RRP. Discounted price is set by telcos. The complicated part will be the telcos.. whether they are willing to void if you are going for full refund. But that will mean you made a profit from a phone which you bought minus the contract. A bit too good a picture that O painted, esp in Singapore. I would say the most likely scenario will be, RRP refund, contract not void, but will not start from refund date. Means it will just carry on. Probably some free service discount from Telcos (free Idd, roaming for six months etc). For Exchanged to S7E and you get special discount for upgrade to next Samsung flagship with freebies. Contract remains. Same gimmick.

Consumer in Singapore not that critical in my opinion to telcos. Cause die die you have only those few to choose. In our context, we depend more on their services putting ourselves at the "mercy".

• Praise 1

Singapore Airlines bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 from flights

SINGAPORE - The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone will no longer be allowed on all Singapore Airlines' flights.

The carrier made the announcement on its Facebook page on Saturday (Oct 15), adding that anyone found in possession of the device will be denied boarding.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/singapore-airlines-bans-samsung-galaxy-note-7-flights

• Praise 1

Note 7 is the new C4 [sweatdrop]

Hey! what's wrong with the C4... I happen to like the Citroen... in all of its guises... the base C4, the Cactus and the Picasso range

Singapore Airlines bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 from flights

SINGAPORE - The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone will no longer be allowed on all Singapore Airlines' flights.

The carrier made the announcement on its Facebook page on Saturday (Oct 15), adding that anyone found in possession of the device will be denied boarding.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/singapore-airlines-bans-samsung-galaxy-note-7-flights

Samsung should T loan a phone till the replacement is finalized. Meanwhile owner like me has to look for a temp phone when we go overseas.

Twincharged

From Malaysia

So fast take screenshots already. Wanted to share here last night but the guy removed the post from his FB already.

Edited by Nzy

So fast take screenshots already. Wanted to share here last night but the guy removed the post from his FB already.

but samsung already announced to off the phone, maybe he realized that after his post   [laugh]

but samsung already announced to off the phone, maybe he realized that after his post   [laugh]

lol really got quite a few cases of fire.

Ok lah. this Note 7 thing made me save money. Haha not changing my phone.

Samsung should T loan a phone till the replacement is finalized. Meanwhile owner like me has to look for a temp phone when we go overseas.

I read that they are doing t loan. You may call them up to arrange.

Off contract isn't necessarily the cheapest if you include the multi line saver discounts that most telcos give.

It also isn't best for me since company is paying my HP bills so it would benefit me to have the HP subsidies spread out across 21 or 24 months into the monthly bill.

3,4 years till now I have been getting non contract phone for my family. We all switch mysim only plan. I did done some simple calculation. Cheaper by 10 plus per month. BTW I was on multiline saver with M1 back then.

The advantage is ability to get any phone any times. No contract tied down. In fact M1 did called thrice after I changed plan. Offer me all sort of discount/voucher but the bottom line must contract with them.

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement