Samsung Note7

RadX

A bit of off tropic. I have previously used iPhone and I switched to note 4 about 2 years ago.

I love the phone but have 3 key issues. Not sure there are ways to overcome them? Due for phone changes so will decide if I should still stick to Samsung.

1) the phone hangs often and I need to press the on/off button by the side in order to use it.

2) sometime it goes crazy on the screen and start dialling by itself. The only way to stop is to off the phone completely. After that it work normal for a long time.

3) sometime the phone gets hot and battery drains off even I am not using it. Again after switching off and on the phone, it is OK.

Same issues with my wife's note 5. Pretty disappointing with the so call "flagship" phone. Wife's pretty patient, if it were my phone, I will probably bang table and request for an exchange. The thing is, it is a very common problem for the note series.

My S3 was okay just that the battery life is terrible. Installed CM rom and battery management is much better. I think that S series is much more stable. S7 has very good reviews. I'm still those old school type and prefer interchangeable batteries so will be staying away from Samsung for now. [nod]

↡ Advertisement

Just to add. I have these problems after 1 year. Send for service and they claimed they have replaced by pc board and screen. But it turns out worst than before. Send in again and they claimed it is done but no improvement.

End of the day, they shifted their office from Marina Sq. I gave up. So maybe no more Note series?

Same issues with my wife's note 5. Pretty disappointing with the so call "flagship" phone. Wife's pretty patient, if it were my phone, I will probably bang table and request for an exchange. The thing is, it is a very common problem for the note series.

My S3 was okay just that the battery life is terrible. Installed CM rom and battery management is much better. I think that S series is much more stable. S7 has very good reviews. I'm still those old school type and prefer interchangeable batteries so will be staying away from Samsung for now. [nod]

Note 7 is entirely based on S7.

Exact same hardware. 

I saw the Note 7 demo set, although found it look and feel very good, I find it difficult to justify forking out $1168 for a phone.  Nowadays most other brands of phone offer good models at around half of this price.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

A bit of off tropic. I have previously used iPhone and I switched to note 4 about 2 years ago.

I love the phone but have 3 key issues. Not sure there are ways to overcome them? Due for phone changes so will decide if I should still stick to Samsung.

1) the phone hangs often and I need to press the on/off button by the side in order to use it.

2) sometime it goes crazy on the screen and start dialling by itself. The only way to stop is to off the phone completely. After that it work normal for a long time.

3) sometime the phone gets hot and battery drains off even I am not using it. Again after switching off and on the phone, it is OK.

Seems like software got corrupted? Usually a factory reset will help. Android does seem more prone to having the software corrupted. Never encounter this on my Note 4 though cuz I rooted and installed custom firmware ever since my warranty over. Only downside is cannot use samsung pay. Only can use android pay.

I saw the Note 7 demo set, although found it look and feel very good, I find it difficult to justify forking out $1168 for a phone.  Nowadays most other brands of phone offer good models at around half of this price.

Yeah. I guess paying for the design and brand. For me, I'll get it cuz too used to having the stylus already and I really like the design compared to the others phones with similar hardware. I use the S-pen alot so I'll just have to pay the premium over the S7 edge.

Many people also willing to pay that much. I heard that based on the pre-orders, the Note 7 sales already better than the S7 and S7 edge combined.

Edited by Nzy

Nzy, can share with us what and when do you use the s pen for ? Like during meeting ? Thx.

drawing horns on his boss photo.

Drawing boobs and penises when he's bored at meetings  [:p]  [laugh]

I always wonder how Note users carry their device around? Gals just put in their purse/handbag.

How about guys?

My S7 edge already sticks out of my shirt pocket like a sorethumb......putting in my jeans/pants is impossible to even sit down or squat down...

[confused]

Seems like software got corrupted? Usually a factory reset will help. Android does seem more prone to having the software corrupted. Never encounter this on my Note 4 though cuz I rooted and installed custom firmware ever since my warranty over. Only downside is cannot use samsung pay. Only can use android pay.

Yeah. I guess paying for the design and brand. For me, I'll get it cuz too used to having the stylus already and I really like the design compared to the others phones with similar hardware. I use the S-pen alot so I'll just have to pay the premium over the S7 edge.

Many people also willing to pay that much. I heard that based on the pre-orders, the Note 7 sales already better than the S7 and S7 edge combined.

• Praise 1

I always wonder how Note users carry their device around? Gals just put in their purse/handbag.

How about guys?

My S7 edge already sticks out of my shirt pocket like a sorethumb......putting in my jeans/pants is impossible to even sit down or squat down...

[confused]

cos you short mah...so proportionately out  :grin:  :a-m1524:  :a-m1524:  :a-fun:

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Nzy, can share with us what and when do you use the s pen for ? Like during meeting ? Thx.

Still studying part-time, so part of it is taking notes during classes. For work, I also take notes right after I speak to clients. I use it alot. Other things would be the action memo and miscellaneous stuff people normally use a notebook for. Can be done without stylus but once you use the stylus, its just alot easier.

Basically, I use my phone like a notebook. All these can be done with a normal notebook, but I just prefer it now that I have gotten used to S-note, evernote and using the stylus.

Edited by Nzy

How about guys?

[confused]

That's why I am using a small iphone 5se which is so pocketable.

Twincharged

How about guys?

[confused]

My Note 4 ok leh. Maybe cuz I don't like my pants too slim. I ask the tailor to make them abit more roomy and no problems putting them in my pants. Can't even see the outline of the phone unless you look closely. Anyway, i carry a bag almost everywhere i go so it usually ends up in my bag. No problem for me cuz I have had this habit of putting my phones in my bag long before there were smartphones. 

As for jeans, have ordered my jeans with deeper pockets so I can put my phone in my front pockets. But the outline of the phone is obvious and ugly so I usually put it in my bag, or on weekends with more casual outfits, I just have a phone pouch attached to my belt lo. Put in the pocket only when I need to put it there for a moment only.

My dad loves to put his in his shirt pocket but it always falls out whenever he bends down to pick something or tie shoelaces.

Edited by Nzy

I resisted any phone > 4.5" for quite a while until recent years when all flagship models tend to be the largest in their range...

For sake of computing power and battery life, I caved in to S6 and now S7.... :shy:

That's why I am using a small iphone 5se which is so pocketable.

I prefer to be minimalistic when out and about. So bags/satchel/waistpouch not my cup of tea.

When one have habit of putting it in the front shirt pocket, learning to squat instead of bending forward to tie shoe laces or pick up stuff is a must. Even when sitted on a shoewearing bench to put on shoes, automatic remove the device from the shirt pocket to place it beside you before bending over to wear your shoes.

My Note 4 ok leh. Maybe cuz I don't like my pants too slim. I ask the tailor to make them abit more roomy and no problems putting them in my pants. Can't even see the outline of the phone unless you look closely. Anyway, i carry a bag almost everywhere i go so it usually ends up in my bag. No problem for me cuz I have had this habit of putting my phones in my bag long before there were smartphones. 

As for jeans, have ordered my jeans with deeper pockets so I can put my phone in my front pockets. But the outline of the phone is obvious and ugly so I usually put it in my bag, or on weekends with more casual outfits, I just have a phone pouch attached to my belt lo. Put in the pocket only when I need to put it there for a moment only.

My dad loves to put his in his shirt pocket but it always falls out whenever he bends down to pick something or tie shoelaces.

• Praise 3

How about guys?

[confused]

I'm the epitome of uncool.

I use a small green diaper bag to carry my stuff around between my car and clinic.

It has all the stuff i need. my phone, wallet, keys, wall charger, medicines (paracet, steroid creams etc), stickers for my kids, tiger balm for my kids for mosquito repelling. I can throw in my water bottle when i'm carrying groceries. I hang it on the stroller when i'm out with the family  -_-

When i'm out, i just carry my wallet and phone in my hands.

• Praise 1

I resisted any phone > 4.5" for quite a while until recent years when all flagship models tend to be the largest in their range...

For sake of computing power and battery life, I caved in to S6 and now S7.... :shy:

Guilty of vanity. Lol. Edited by Ingenius
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1