What is the difference between Honda civic FD1 & FD2

QQDreamer

Hi all,

i am planning to get a honda civic 2nd hand. however there are this term call FD1 and FD2. May i know what is the difference between the 2 of them? Any bros can advice?

↡ Advertisement

FD2 is using K20Z engine. This is a high screaming engine giving sweet sound to fanboys.

The mid and high range is very linear which hit red line easily.

Most fanboy will modify this engine for performance. This engine operate at high temp and hence you need to TOP up EO every 3-4 weeks.

Suspension is firm compare to FD1. Both have different spec and FD1 is meant for comfort.

The rest are accessories and non performance.

Hi all,

i am planning to get a honda civic 2nd hand. however there are this term call FD1 and FD2. May i know what is the difference between the 2 of them? Any bros can advice?

FD1

Hydraulic power steering

Single Cam

FD2

EPS

DOHC

get the FD2, Superb engine performance even after 200k of mileage.

• Praise 1

FD1

Hydraulic power steering

Single Cam

FD2

EPS

DOHC

get the FD2, Superb engine performance even after 200k of mileage.

FD2 is the 2000cc civic right?

FD1 = 1.8

FD2 = 2.0

FD3 = Hybrid

FD4 = 1.6

oh FD4 is 1.6?

I am using a FD2 fitted with K-Sport BBK (front and back). Although is a 12 years car, it is still very powerful and not to mention the aesthetic look.

Thumb up for FD2.

post-199455-0-73365500-1516331739_thumb.jpg

post-199455-0-47723300-1516331806_thumb.jpg

Edited by gausses
  • Praise 3

I am using a FD2 fitted with K-Sport BBK (front and back). Although is a 12 years car, it is still very powerful and not to mention the aesthetic look.

Thumb up for FD2.

How is the K Force BBK? Used for how long? Overall rating?

• Praise 1

gausses, on 19 Jan 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:snapback.png

Thumb up for FD2.

How is the K Force BBK? Used for how long? Overall rating?

Gausses:

3 months at the front and 2 weeks for the rear. The braking force is much better and almost instant stop at low speed. I never try other brand like AP, Brembo but K-Sport is quite good.

The only thing is the Caliper is way too big and need to have 17" above to clear. I need to add in spacer front and back and cost me extra $ to lengthen the screw.

post-199455-0-53244800-1516350773_thumb.jpg

Hi, just to check with you all, how much will it cost to replace an FD1 timing chain (and other parts associated with it) + labour? 

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks!

• Praise 1

Hi I own Honda Fd2 Sports Sedan (Australia doesn't have the Type R) and I was wondering if coilovers off an Fd2 Type R would fit, also the motor is a K20a and there are some models I think there's a luxury model as well that has 1.8L but mine is not a Type R but Sport and has a K20, I also realise there isn't a lot of discussion about this, so in conclusion would for example a air intake or manifold fit on my non type R K20a Fd2 Sports Sedan fit?

• Praise 1

Hi I own Honda Fd2 Sports Sedan (Australia doesn't have the Type R) and I was wondering if coilovers off an Fd2 Type R would fit, also the motor is a K20a and there are some models I think there's a luxury model as well that has 1.8L but mine is not a Type R but Sport and has a K20, I also realise there isn't a lot of discussion about this, so in conclusion would for example a air intake or manifold fit on my non type R K20a Fd2 Sports Sedan fit?

FD2 sedans can interchange a lot of chassis and engine parts with FD2R but unfortunately suspension is not one of them.
  • Praise 1

Your engine should belong to the K20 series. Air intake and manifold are exchangeable between all FD with K20 series.

Hi, just to check with you all, how much will it cost to replace an FD1 timing chain (and other parts associated with it) + labour? 

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks!

Easily a $250 upwards job

FDs using timing belt or timing chain?

all chains

↡ Advertisement