Vending machine cafe at Sengkang HDB estate

Jman888

Wrong location and wrong target.

Also this is unlike 7-11 (where Taiwan/Japan?Korea which has better success), this unmanned void deck will soon become a mess.

Those convenient food set in Taiwan/Japan are good quality, taste good and cheap.

Especially in Japan it is cheaper than going into a restaurant.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

3 meals how you finish? you can invite @Pinobii to try with you   :D

you forgot to add @, let me do it for you, summon summon summon...LOL :grin:

In SG everywhere also can find food, now with all those deliveries and 24 deliveries, why need to eat food from a vending machine??...

The only vending machine food i ever eaten, was the toasted bread at KK hospital and NHU, both from the same vendor. Surprising tasted good...LOL

Tried those toast bread from the vending machine at hospital, it was quite good.

Turbocharged

165 to 55 kg?

not trying to pour cold water....but need to WLL (like i waiting for you chia food) hor?

:XD:

you not trying, you just poured cold water...LOL

Can lah, leave him on an island with nothing but coconut trees for a month, maybe won't reach 55kg, but should get close to that weight range...LOL :XD:  :grin:

Turbocharged

Tried those toast bread from the vending machine at hospital, it was quite good.

Surprising quite good hor, and even came out hot, price not to ex also. 

well,

I am 1 of those staying that block.

the RC gals and the vendor rep did came over to survey us earlier in the year regarding this.

I did feedback that the worry would be noise and mess and that with 7/11 and shell station within walking distance, this might not be necessary. The RC gal said she will take note of our concern and we were presented with 2 sample of their food. From their reaction, I can see that no matter what I feedback, the kiosk is going ahead and this survey is actually just to formally inform us that the kiosk is going to be built whether I like it or not.

to be honest, with me moving out end of this year, I am not too bothered.

my wife, on the other hand like the idea a lot as she says she can just go down and pack lunch for my kids especially during rainy weather.

as for the food and price, I tasted the Italian bolognaise and it actually tasted ok, my wife like the seafood horfun.

with both of them going for $1 for a week, actual price about $4, its quite a bargain now.

the cold canned soft drinks are going for as low as 80 cents and its definitely cheaper than many of the other vending machine out there.

Oh... Do let us know the taste after some time... See whether the taste is consistent or not.

And also the noise and mess and pess problems ...

Hope these won't deteriorate so much to affect your surrounding ...

Wrong location and wrong target.

Also this is unlike 7-11 (where Taiwan/Japan?Korea which has better success), this unmanned void deck will soon become a mess. 

Soon there will be rats and cockroaches

How nice can pre-cooked hor fun be?

• Praise 2

This kinda concept of vending machine will only work in big country with limited eatery.  In Singapore, there are coffeeshops within walking distance and most of them operate to late night.    If this depend on business of someone that wanted to eat in the middle of the night.  Good luck to their business.

25 menu items, if store 3 pack from item and less people buy, imagine the wastage will be like if the shelve life is 1-2 days   [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Soon there will be rats and cockroaches

How nice can pre-cooked hor fun be?

Govt wants car-lite, and now food-lite :D

Oh ya, pest-more too ....

Already have more rats in shopping malls, and now possibly more in HDB ....

Jia lat !

I've seen people eat the 7-11 rehydrated mashed potato and use their hot water to eat instant noodles.

But personally i won't bother.

Just walk a bit to the coffeeshop which is open like 16 hrs a day bah.

Some of the coffee outlets selling food (starbucks, coffee bean, coffee club) don't seem to have a kitchen so I presume they just microwave their food and sell it at outrageous prices.

Still many many foolish customers buying.

• Praise 2

Some of the coffee outlets selling food (starbucks, coffee bean, coffee club) don't seem to have a kitchen so I presume they just microwave their food and sell it at outrageous prices.

Still many many foolish customers buying.

I've nothing against central kitchen preparation if the food is decent.

It's just logical if I'm hungry and looking for a meal.

Look at how much space is required for a hawker stall to prepare just that few type of dishes.

But yeah, personally i won't pay often for these types of meals. If for convenience sake then different issue.

you not trying, you just poured cold water...LOL

Can lah, leave him on an island with nothing but coconut trees for a month, maybe won't reach 55kg, but should get close to that weight range...LOL :XD:  :grin:

lolz!!!

The bento sets in Taiwan convenience shops are actually quite good.

Once I ran a half marathon in Taichung, the organiser gave out 7-11 pork chop bentos. Big and cheap.

Those convenient food set in Taiwan/Japan are good quality, taste good and cheap.
Especially in Japan it is cheaper than going into a restaurant.

Edited by Davidtkl
  • Praise 2

The bento sets in Taiwan convenience stalls are actually quite good.

Once I ran a half marathon in Taichung, the organiser gave out 7-11 pork chop bentos. Big and cheap.

To us of course it's cheap. 

Their fresh uni grad earns less than 2k/month and will be lucky to find perm employment instead of contract work. 

Their cost of food is also lower since they have a strong agricultural industry. If u watch the cooking shows, their big chicken drumstick+ thigh is only about 80-90 cents sing. In singapore, it's $2.50 at my wet market for a comparatively smaller chicken.

But asians are used to cheap cooked food being available.

Different story from Europe where that vending machine sandwich will cost you 5 pounds.

• Praise 2

What do you think of such concept?  personally i think is a flop.

it might work if taste is not too bad

i find the standard of zi char getting bad... now expensive and tasteless.. or maybe it's just my coffeeshop

Isn't that like TV dinner lazy Americans eat? The difference is that they in the comfort of their own home. Here we have to go down stairs to eat.

The taste might be good (I had those TV dinners before & they tasted quite good). But i'll be concern about the nutritional value and also the high sodium & fat contents.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1