Myanmar Kyat

Hi Brothers, i just came back from Myanmar and wanted to change their currency back to SGD.

I went to places like Peninsula and Change Alley but the money changers there say they don't buy Myanmar Kyat.

Any brothers know of any money changer in Singapore which buys in Myanmar Kyat ?

↡ Advertisement

Hi Brothers, i just came back from Myanmar and wanted to change their currency back to SGD.

I went to places like Peninsula and Change Alley but the money changers there say they don't buy Myanmar Kyat.

Any brothers know of any money changer in Singapore which buys in Myanmar Kyat ?

How many million Sing dollars do you need to change back to?

:D

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

good luck. I went to myanmar last year and faced the same problem. In the end changed with a colleague who was going over.

Do they use USD there?

Why not just change some in kyat when there, then use USD for the last part of the trip. 

I do that when i went vietnam also. But USD is widely accepted in vietnam.

If can keep, just keep. Kyat's value will only go up and probably triple in the next 10 years.

Thanks for the info, im going change all my SGD & USD into Kyat now..

They are extremely particular about the USD - notes must be in pristine condition. Like really PRISTINE.

One small crease, or small fold, or 0.5cm pencil mark also cannot. 

I think different denominations also give more kyats, from what I recall from 3 years ago.. 50USD fetched the most kyats.

Thanks for the info, im going change all my SGD & USD into Kyat now..

Lol would't do that if I were u. Too much uncertainty. 

• Praise 1

If its not a lot, say less than S$100+, then why not keep the Kyat?

You may use them one day when you go over again ...

Change here, change there... all lose out to the money changers liao ...

Do they use USD there?

Why not just change some in kyat when there, then use USD for the last part of the trip. 

I do that when i went vietnam also. But USD is widely accepted in vietnam.

Now Vietnam Dong can get at our local MC so can change back here unlike before but yes they like USD there so this method also can. In fact some of the shops give you a better price if u pay in USD!

I'm not sure of Myanmar though.

• Praise 5

Now Vietnam Dong can get at our local MC so can change back here unlike before but yes they like USD there so this method also can. In fact some of the shops give you a better price if u pay in USD!

I'm not sure of Myanmar though.

go Vietnam, just bring your spare USD go.

Or change SGD at their airport. Better rates than SG if i recall.

Virtually any restaurant or hotel accepts USD. And generally rates are better than official moneychanger.

At least that's for hanoi years back.

wow. visited 7 years ago.

• Praise 1

go Vietnam, just bring your spare USD go.

Or change SGD at their airport. Better rates than SG if i recall.

Virtually any restaurant or hotel accepts USD. And generally rates are better than official moneychanger.

At least that's for hanoi years back.

wow. visited 7 years ago.

Good info!! Think u are right on this even though it was years back.

For most currencies, we get better rates here in S'pore esp at Arcade but for not so popular currencies like Dong, there is a high chance you can get better rate in the respective country instead.

• Praise 3

Good info!! Think u are right on this even though it was years back.

For most currencies, we get better rates here in S'pore esp at Arcade but for not so popular currencies like Dong, there is a high chance you can get better rate in the respective country instead.

My friend has been to myanmar to run marathon. next time i ask him, Though i doubt i will go there in my lifetime.

• Praise 1

AL KAMAL 62351047

At Lucky Plaza. They sell and Buy Myanmar Kay.

Hi Brother,  thanks for the information, i really appreciate it.

I do not have a lot to change, just that i think i will not be going there in the near future.

However, i might change my mind and spend my CNY 2017 there as we do not need a Visa starting 1st December, 2016

There are actually many places to explore in Myanmar, just that time is the problem.

But do take into consideration if the notes are legal tender. Some countries, their older currency notes becomes null and void when changeover to new notes/designs.

If can keep, just keep. Kyat's value will only go up and probably triple in the next 10 years.

↡ Advertisement