Feedback needed from Diesel Engine Car Owners

Frankloh

Turbocharged

Very ambitious service intervals......

XE or XF diesel?

Diesel. Petrol is 16k.

Ya, thought so too. Didn't quite believe until I reach home and read the brochure just now.

Quite clearly, diesel is cheaper but you won't have that convenient of being able to service it at any workshop. Many don't do diesel car. I also feel diesel engine is noisier and pick up not as great.

With all these flip flop going on, you will never know what is next. Would it cost more to maintain and more stringent inspection? But based on current, Diesel is not preferred lor.

Hi, can a Euro 6 diesel car pump Euro 5 diesel fuel in Malaysia?

Can. Why not?

When it comes to diesel fuel ppl focus on the sulphur content. Only petrol fuel ppl focus on the octane rating.

• Praise 1

Finally test driven one today.. it's an eye opener.

Can't really tell any noise.

Was told the servicing interval is 36k or 2 years. Dunno tio bluff or not though

Edited by wpy
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yesterday drove my diesel downhill on Genting.

One aspect I've never thought of.. the limited rpm range vs a petrol.

5k is already redline. Need to step on the brake more, or go real slow.

Used to have more fun with my Legacy GT back then.

Yesterday drove my diesel downhill on Genting.

One aspect I've never thought of.. the limited rpm range vs a petrol.

5k is already redline. Need to step on the brake more, or go real slow.

Used to have more fun with my Legacy GT back then.

good point, darn I didnt thought of that.

(edited)

Hi guys, quick question, How far north (Thailand) have you brought your diesel car.

From what I gather, Euro V diesel is not sold within Thailand. They use mainly Euro 2M.

Is it impossible to drive a Euro V/VI diesel car into Thailand and use their fuel?

We can always add fuel booster when Ron drops to 89 on the petrol engine, there is something like that for the diesel engine.

Please advise.

Edited by jimmwong
  • Praise 1

(edited)

pump BHP EU V compliant diesel which is available in more than 100 BHP stations in MY before entering TH border. 

Google or Bingo...

Edited by Kangadrool

Hi guys, quick question, How far north (Thailand) have you brought your diesel car.

From what I gather, Euro V diesel is not sold within Thailand. They use mainly Euro 2M.

Is it impossible to drive a Euro V/VI diesel car into Thailand and use their fuel?

We can always add fuel booster when Ron drops to 89 on the petrol engine, there is something like that for the diesel engine.

Please advise.

There are actually Euro5-ish Diesels in Thailand.

The premium diesels in Thailand has a sulfur content <10ppm which meets the Euro5 standards. PTT has marketed their Ultraforce Diesel Premiums for example.

The regular(non premium) is of an Euro4 rating of 50ppm(vs Euro2 in M'sia if using the regular) if i remember.

Its not catastrophic even if used for a couple of tanks as the long drive on the NSH to SGP would allow multiple regens on the DPF to clear and for the SCR/EGR to clean up when you eventually refuel on the correct diesel.

Of course if you wish to be through, just do an engine oil swap at the end of the trip to clean out the 'excess sulfur' outta the system.

(edited)

pump BHP EU V compliant diesel which is available in more than 100 BHP stations in MY before entering TH border. 

Google or Bingo...

Not good enough... North North... Thailand is a big country.

Cannot afford to "RTM", Must do inflight refuel. Tower copy?

Edited by jimmwong

There are actually Euro5-ish Diesels in Thailand.

The premium diesels in Thailand has a sulfur content <10ppm which meets the Euro5 standards. PTT has marketed their Ultraforce Diesel Premiums for example.

The regular(non premium) is of an Euro4 rating of 50ppm(vs Euro2 in M'sia if using the regular) if i remember.

Its not catastrophic even if used for a couple of tanks as the long drive on the NSH to SGP would allow multiple regens on the DPF to clear and for the SCR/EGR to clean up when you eventually refuel on the correct diesel.

Of course if you wish to be through, just do an engine oil swap at the end of the trip to clean out the 'excess sulfur' outta the system.

Thanks Bro, I just verified this with my Thai motorbiking friends.

PTT ultraforce is the closest you can get to Euro 5. Sold in major petrol stations in major cities.

↡ Advertisement