• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
117 replies to this topic | 238 praises

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:17 PM

Piyopico
  • Piyopico
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Would appreciate recommendations on models that are reliable and have reasonable service costs.

Looking at those that are 7 years old or more or even COE renewal type. Any particular models to check out?
Not sure if the kangos are ok or I should stick to Japanese brands.

Thanks.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:18 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Old Vans,stick to Japanese ones...

Chowyunfatt and Blueray praised this

Fairlady.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:52 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Would appreciate recommendations on models that are reliable and have reasonable service costs.

Looking at those that are 7 years old or more or even COE renewal type. Any particular models to check out?

Thanks.

dun need to think, toyota hi-ace  [thumbsup]

nissan ur-van use to be good, but after merge , the new nissan lite-van is using france engine.

the big ur-van (i still not sure)

if buying a small used van, lite-ace is the most reliable around.

dun touch those altas kangoo. belingo, it will burn a HOLE in your company burget (no joke)

Count-Bracula praised this

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

yes. avoid all conti van like a plague. they will haunt you for years and bleed you dry.

Jap vans only.

Mustank and Blueray praised this

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:49 PM

Raubern
  • Raubern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

For vans, think better stick to japanese or korean brands. My Hyundai H100 van still going strong after 17 years. Very reliable workhorse. Thinking of changing to Toyota Hiace or Nissan Urvan as my Hyundai van COE expires early next year

Lala81 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:38 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

depends who drive. If workers drive = Japanese. If ownself drive, can consider MB and conti vans even though servicing costs are higher. 

Opel17 praised this

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:00 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

dun need to think, toyota hi-ace  [thumbsup]

nissan ur-van use to be good, but after merge , the new nissan lite-van is using france engine.

the big ur-van (i still not sure)

if buying a small used van, lite-ace is the most reliable around.

dun touch those altas kangoo. belingo, it will burn a HOLE in your company burget (no joke)

Nissan Urvan still Japanese made.still very good [thumbsup] NV200,French engine[unless you imagine your Van as F-1]..p/s avoid. [thumbsdown]

Lala81 praised this

Fairlady.

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:11 AM

Piyopico
  • Piyopico
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

It's for workers to deliver goods and run errands.

Not too many Hyundai vans listed on sgcarmart though.

Gotto watch the diesel tax too. Quite a killer after the tenth year. Ouch.

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:42 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

What diesel tax?

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:35 AM

Piyopico
  • Piyopico
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

What diesel tax?

I mean the road tax.

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I mean the road tax.

Annual is $426 for a van. 1.5 times is just 639. A lot meh?

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:38 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i think u mistaken the tax for diesel car, and diesel commerical van.??

com van after 10 years , the tax is not the problem,

its the inspection.

every 6 months once. so imagine if u got a fleet of those, basically is inspection non stop around the year  [crazy]

Kb27 and Lala81 praised this

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:20 PM

Piyopico
  • Piyopico
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i think u mistaken the tax for diesel car, and diesel commerical van.??

com van after 10 years , the tax is not the problem,
its the inspection.

every 6 months once. so imagine if u got a fleet of those, basically is inspection non stop around the year [crazy]

Ok, thanks. I see. Cos I key in the site and tax for a 1.6litre was was more than $4000 for a 15th year old diesel car.

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:34 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ok, thanks. I see. Cos I key in the site and tax for a 1.6litre was was more than $4000 for a 15th year old diesel car.

A diesel car is treated differently from a commercial diesel van. The road tax is slightly higher after 10 yrs, maybe $400+ thereabouts.

It's the 6 monthly inspections that is ridiculous.

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:37 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

1457480172891.jpg
a-team-van-hire.JPG

diesel for the win!!!!!
Carbon82 and Aaronlkl praised this

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Well my father in law has been driving 2 lite aces for like 30 years. His current one is 13 years old. Only failures are due to battery
Guess if buy for other people to. Drive. Don't need turbo diesel lah. Haha

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:44 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Well my father in law has been driving 2 lite aces for like 30 years. His current one is 13 years old. Only failures are due to battery
Guess if buy for other people to. Drive. Don't need turbo diesel lah. Haha

To quote from a wise old mcf bro from some time back:

Got vteck kui vteck!
Got turbo kui turbo!
Got kar, kar kui kui !!!!! :XD:
Chickenfarm praised this

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:47 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yap Lite ace is way too go.... its a bloody workhorse.... min problem.... just regular maintenance and it can go on and on..... 

Chickenfarm praised this
________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:04 PM

Bismarck
  • Bismarck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thanks.

Kangoos are ok if you are prepare to pay higher maintenance and servicing. I bought new and drove it for 5 years for my work until I sold it slightly more than 200k mileage and I really had a great time driving it. But I think you should stick to Japanese van if you are not driving it. Unlike cars there is not a single Jap van that is fun to drive in  :XD:

Kangadrool and Lala81 praised this
"I am the normal one"
"It’s really difficult looking for glasses without glasses.”
"I would never sign an a**hole just because he is great at football"
"Please don't ask me this shit"
"Sorry I said it twice"
[laugh]

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:09 PM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sorry hijack TS's thread abit, for goods delivery, does it make more sense to buy a new van or second hand?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: van, commercial, recommendation and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users