Why conti car cannot tahan SG weather but sushi/kimchi can?

flashbang

Come to think of it, I often hear people say conti car not suitable for SG climate. That's why got engine problem, breakdown,etc. And they will say better to get sushi/kimchi car instead....

But Japan has 4 seasons, and so does Korea.... just like those conti cars from Europe.....

So there is no basis at all to this claim?  :secret-laugh:

Or must buy those Made-In-Thailand Toyotas then can tahan SG climate?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

They are made with only Europe market in mind without much consideration for Asian markets with severe summer or all year summer weather.

Their plastic and rubber used in the manufacturing of cars also give a hint to that.

• Praise 1

Maybe 30years ago.not the case now.

Well not really - at least with VW!

They had blamed start-stop traffic in the hot tropical weather for electrolysis occurring in synthetic transmission oil used in their 7-dry DSG that had caused all its failure and owner misery, world wide - especially in countries like SEA, China, etc.

VW claimed that it was a design oversight, not having tested their cars extensively enough - especially in hot temperature environs, in major cities with crawling traffic :D

Sure car tests work fine in temperate weather, even in 24-hr of non-stop hard driving in the Nurburgring autobahn! :D

• Praise 2

They are made with only Europe market in mind without much consideration for Asian markets with severe summer or all year summer weather.

Their plastic and rubber used in the manufacturing of cars also give a hint to that.

Rubbish lah.

JDM & Made in K car, are you sure it is made for our weather?

If we are severe summer, what is desert?

• Praise 9

VW always lie! [:p]

i think all mfgr lied to certain extent, be it airbag, accel, gb, emission etc issues, just that vw group issues kinda more attention catching since dsg saga as kinda affected owners in various countries. for the more atas brand, probably rich owners cant be bothered to post in forum n just dispose of their rides. they might not own the rides long enuf for issues to surface..

was checking out b class few yrs back. the steering buttons were so sticky n the tonneau cover gave off a resin stench like my "conti" maclaren pram rubber handle. another fren bmw coupe oso havin same issue at rear sear console.

really dunno y we pay so much nowadays just to give us more headache..

• Praise 1

Rubbish lah.

JDM & Made in K car, are you sure it is made for our weather?

If we are severe summer, what is desert?

That's why I think about it, don't make sense leh..

Then the thousands of PI imported vezels jialat liao la? Since they built for Japan weather which is cooler, but we bring here to use. Same goes for Hyundai which is made in Korea. Looks like only Thailand Toyota can tahan in SG?

I never really understood this too. SG only gets up to 36/7 max. Even in Europe or US, they can exceed 38 in some places (although for short periods). As for traffic, there are many cities with worse traffic. LA or NY or London is also famous for jams.

• Praise 2

was checking out b class few yrs back. the steering buttons were so sticky n the tonneau cover gave off a resin stench like my "conti" maclaren pram rubber handle. another fren bmw coupe oso havin same issue at rear sear console.

Somebody hand sticky go touch the button? Some people leave their cars to bake in the sun daily, then complain plastic melt and become sticky... I wonder why also....
  • Praise 1

Somebody hand sticky go touch the button? Some people leave their cars to bake in the sun daily, then complain plastic melt and become sticky... I wonder why also....

nothin to do w sticky hands, the buttons looked like melted choc n if u were to use fingernails, u could scrape off some plastic. but good to know jap n korean material engrg able to withstand our type of weather.

cheap plastic one may call it, but can withstand many yrs of use, i dont mind being a cheapo..

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Same things on Lexus is200 and is250 la.
  • Praise 1