Dawson SERS Site B

RadX

Fr bro @sdf4786k

Want to help my in law register her SERS flat to Site B.

Any one has comments or insights in the development or Progress , reno idea, please feel free to contrbute

↡ Advertisement

http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu01p.nsf/0/16JANSERS_QT_images_2501/$file/Dawson_Site_B.pdf

sorry if it looks like duo posting. 

This 5 sites will only be ready in 2022 . Its confusing as they re used the name dawson Site A and Dawson Site B which is already in a move in condition.

This 5 site only the one at the leng kee car showroom junction has started piling ...

Supersonic
(edited)

http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/articles/95557-property-large-number-balance-flats-recent-hdb-bto-and-sbf-launch

Looks like there is quite a bit of balance from the exercise from the SERS of tanglin halt for Dawson site.

Exercise from SERS site if not open to public during the selection sure have balance de. But i doubts after the release of these balance flats, should left no more liao, as queenstown such a popular location.

Edited by 13177

http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/articles/95557-property-large-number-balance-flats-recent-hdb-bto-and-sbf-launch

Looks like there is quite a bit of balance from the exercise from the SERS of tanglin halt for Dawson site.

But it is grossly oversubscribed which is to be expected.

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP13BTOENQWeb/AR_May2017_SBF?strSystem=SBF

Think there were abundance of flats from this SERS exercise cos they were more flats built vis a vis SERS tenants and as it was not sold to public, these flats should be the balance after all the SERS tenants chose their flats.

• Praise 6

Supersonic

But it is grossly oversubscribed which is to be expected.

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP13BTOENQWeb/AR_May2017_SBF?strSystem=SBF

Think there were abundance of flats from this SERS exercise cos they were more flats built vis a vis SERS tenants and as it was not sold to public, these flats should be the balance after all the SERS tenants chose their flats.

Not only queenstown lo, all sales of balance flats are grossly oversubscribed for all estates.

• Praise 1

Not only queenstown lo, all sales of balance flats are grossly oversubscribed for all estates.

Bukit timah only 1.7x le

Twincharged

well, thankfully there is no glut. Else HDB prices will collapse. 

BTO build nowadays not to bad in terms of quality and finishing. 

Close to what a condo property will have except the facilities. It seems like the copy and paste design of pinnacle except the ability to keep the loan shark out facilities of pinnacle.

• Praise 1

margaret dr n kay siang rd will b hv bad jams everyday when all these r completed.

Not really. Heartlander will be quite dry paying for the expensive HDB that the only jam will be train. By then, Car lite reality will kick in.

And if the economy stay stable, the interest rate will remains high. Lets hope the train dont breakdown.

If you notice the ratio, seems that they are building a number of 2 room one hall units. So will not be a nightmare.

Probably there is a slight chance of PHV causing jam because the population of PHV are now at 40,000 and climbing.

Waiting for LTA to wise up that PHV do not need to scrap the vehicle on Year 7 vs Taxis.

Turbocharged

Not really. Heartlander will be quite dry paying for the expensive HDB that the only jam will be train. By then, Car lite reality will kick in.

And if the economy stay stable, the interest rate will remains high. Lets hope the train dont breakdown.

If you notice the ratio, seems that they are building a number of 2 room one hall units. So will not be a nightmare.

Probably there is a slight chance of PHV causing jam because the population of PHV are now at 40,000 and climbing.

Waiting for LTA to wise up that PHV do not need to scrap the vehicle on Year 7 vs Taxis.

err.......hv u not stayed in hdb for the last 20yrs?? or is it jus u looking down on ppl staying in hdb? my MSCP sees additional new cars on a monthly basis. every mth, there will definitely b ppl buying cars. so im not sure where u get the idea that ppl staying in hdb will b dry paying for their flats. 

n as of now, margaret dr is already pretty jammed up every morning with cars trying to join queensway. n there r only 2 new sites. with the 3 big sites coming up, even if only half of the residents own cars, the roads there will surely b more jammed.

(edited)

err.......hv u not stayed in hdb for the last 20yrs?? or is it jus u looking down on ppl staying in hdb? my MSCP sees additional new cars on a monthly basis. every mth, there will definitely b ppl buying cars. so im not sure where u get the idea that ppl staying in hdb will b dry paying for their flats. 

n as of now, margaret dr is already pretty jammed up every morning with cars trying to join queensway. n there r only 2 new sites. with the 3 big sites coming up, even if only half of the residents own cars, the roads there will surely b more jammed.

The SERs upgrade has Urban planning consideration. After all, it is Singapore we are talking about. All the Car Lite will converge and hence if the MRT and the timeline of the satellite converge, there will be not a need to have cars really.

Owning a car from being a statement whether you are rich or not does not equate in this social landscape anymore. Everyone else in general is making a decent standard of living. So giving up cars with the convenience of a jump to Raffles place for work is the main draw. Given the fact that even if you are a SVP in a bank does not provide you with a parking lot nowadays.

Being able to have children that has filial piety and living a fulfilling Retirement in the silver age matters the most.

And hence the SERs population are mostly the aged population at Tanglin halt. There will be none of that traffic jam situation.

Take a look at JG hospital. I would think getting an ambulance into there would be the main issue. You Have JEM, WestGate, IMM as well as a ST office there. Yet , the traffic can best be describe as manageable.

Having said that, I have alot of faith that the Urban planner nail this. After all, Dawson has been one of the better plans in the making for years.

I also have hope that the emphasis for majority of those are actually thinking of financial freedom in getting a Condo to rent out or that money is invested in some financial instrument that can generate income and not just because the next door Mr Tan has a new A180, One must die die get a Merc C300 to show who has really make it in this neighborhood.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Turbocharged

The SERs upgrade has Urban planning consideration. After all, it is Singapore we are talking about. All the Car Lite will converge and hence if the MRT and the timeline of the satellite converge, there will be not a need to have cars really.

Owning a car from being a statement whether you are rich or not does not equate in this social landscape anymore. Everyone else in general is making a decent standard of living. So giving up cars with the convenience of a jump to Raffles place for work is the main draw. Given the fact that even if you are a SVP in a bank does not provide you with a parking lot nowadays.

Being able to have children that has filial piety and living a fulfilling Retirement in the silver age matters the most.

And hence the SERs population are mostly the aged population at Tanglin halt. There will be none of that traffic jam situation.

Take a look at JG hospital. I would think getting an ambulance into there would be the main issue. You Have JEM, WestGate, IMM as well as a ST office there. Yet , the traffic can best be describe as manageable.

Having said that, I have alot of faith that the Urban planner nail this. After all, Dawson has been one of the better plans in the making for years.

urban planning, car lite etc doesnt really matter to a lot of ppl. when they wanna buy a car, they will buy a car. hv u given up ur car for this car lite movement? n wat has this got to do with having filial piety children n retirement got to do with traffic at dawson area? it may even make things worst. those filial children living with parents may wanna buy a car to ferry their parents ard. those retired with gd financial planning also may wanna buy a car to enjoy their hard earned savings. 

n not all of the new 5 upcoming projects are for SERS. i live at dawson now n pass by these projects daily. thousands n thousands of flats will b built. n like i said, even if only half of those moving in hv cars, it will b terrible. the roads there r only 1 lane, dawson rd, strathmore, kaysiang, margaret...all 1 lane. n i don see them trying to expand the roads. so if u r talking abt urban planner nailing this.....i am more than happy to b proven wrong.

urban planning, car lite etc doesnt really matter to a lot of ppl. when they wanna buy a car, they will buy a car. hv u given up ur car for this car lite movement? n wat has this got to do with having filial piety children n retirement got to do with traffic at dawson area? it may even make things worst. those filial children living with parents may wanna buy a car to ferry their parents ard. those retired with gd financial planning also may wanna buy a car to enjoy their hard earned savings. 

n not all of the new 5 upcoming projects are for SERS. i live at dawson now n pass by these projects daily. thousands n thousands of flats will b built. n like i said, even if only half of those moving in hv cars, it will b terrible. the roads there r only 1 lane, dawson rd, strathmore, kaysiang, margaret...all 1 lane. n i don see them trying to expand the roads. so if u r talking abt urban planner nailing this.....i am more than happy to b proven wrong.

its all have to do with financial prudence and priorities in life.

Having a car is great. That's why we are in this forum. Prioritize having a car because its an image is a little hard to imagine. 

I believe that even if there are owners who have cars, they will be parked at the car park and only use occasionally. 

The changing landscape has moved so much that the cars may well be, for lack of a better word, irrelevant.

It would have become quite unnecessary if the push and the transport were more reliable. By 2020, the train stations would have been quite fully functional and be getting from the home to the train station to the workplace would be a breeze. Why would anyone want to have a depreciating asset?. 

The aging population also mean that many would either be more reliant on transports like cab or BUS or Train instead.

Unless the new tenants are one car per family or even 3 cars per family, I doubt there will be a jam.

Even today, if you look at the Bicycles and Mobility scooters are allowed to be brought into the trains. there has been a surge of this hybrid commuting. So much so that those who bring in those Mobility devices for sales are practically millionaires.

Its a matter of time before we evolved to the next phase, but I still look forward to seeing what its going to be like when its fully populated and how the urban planner has done it.

• Praise 1

nowadays, new flats need to pay for life or even longer over the children!

↡ Advertisement