Dawson SERS Site B

RadX

nowadays, new flats need to pay for life or even longer over the children!

New flat where got so expensive? Unless you buy the new flat very expensive like in good location.

↡ Advertisement

Can anyone help me to understand, is it from old 3rm they will "upgrade" you to 4 room if our block kena SERS? And will the new flats be located close to the old one being SER-ed?

Can anyone help me to understand, is it from old 3rm they will "upgrade" you to 4 room if our block kena SERS? And will the new flats be located close to the old one being SER-ed?

From my understanding, you are able to buy any type of flat if your blk is under SERS project, not necessary if your old flat is 3 room, they will upgrade you to 4 room. Its all depends whether you are able to afford it or not. Relocation of the new flats usually will not be far from the old site, but also depends on many other factors de.

From my understanding, you are able to buy any type of flat if your blk is under SERS project, not necessary if your old flat is 3 room, they will upgrade you to 4 room. Its all depends whether you are able to afford it or not. Relocation of the new flats usually will not be far from the old site, but also depends on many other factors de.

Resident of Rochor was moved to new estate behind Kallang MRT.

Thanks bro for your response.. another question is that if our parents stay in the hdb long time already n then bought a Pte condo for investment, then when they kena SER-ed, then if they buy a new replacement flat, do they hv to give up their condo? They stay here > 10yrs Liao before kena SER-ed.. thanks in advance..

Turbocharged

Thanks bro for your response.. another question is that if our parents stay in the hdb long time already n then bought a Pte condo for investment, then when they kena SER-ed, then if they buy a new replacement flat, do they hv to give up their condo? They stay here > 10yrs Liao before kena SER-ed.. thanks in advance..

Dont think it is a must to take up the replacement flat. Thats y some sers project end up being given out at sale of balance flat. Some may not want to start another loan if their old flats r fully paid.

Lets break the question into 2 parts

1.  if our parents stay in the hdb long time already n then bought a Pte condo for investment, then when they kena SER-ed, then if they buy a new replacement flat, do they hv to give up their condo

If you mean you want to buy another HDB and keep the condo, then you have 2 choices.

From my limited understanding, u have to Tenant out the Condo and move back to HDB. Or at least that what my colleague is doing.

Else

Sell the condo like what you intended to do and have the SERs upgrade and move back into HDB. 

If the delta and Condo appreciation makes sense, then you probably want to do the later. 

You however Will NOT be able to get the SERS upgrade and tanant out the new HDB if thats a option you are looking at.

They stay here > 10yrs Liao before kena SER-ed.

Not too sure what the situation is but I imagine it to be, bought condo, stay condo. Eligible to rent out the HDB for income.

Lets break the question into 2 parts

1.  if our parents stay in the hdb long time already n then bought a Pte condo for investment, then when they kena SER-ed, then if they buy a new replacement flat, do they hv to give up their condo

If you mean you want to buy another HDB and keep the condo, then you have 2 choices.

From my limited understanding, u have to Tenant out the Condo and move back to HDB. Or at least that what my colleague is doing.

Else

Sell the condo like what you intended to do and have the SERs upgrade and move back into HDB. 

If the delta and Condo appreciation makes sense, then you probably want to do the later. 

You however Will NOT be able to get the SERS upgrade and tanant out the new HDB if thats a option you are looking at.

They stay here > 10yrs Liao before kena SER-ed.

Not too sure what the situation is but I imagine it to be, bought condo, stay condo. Eligible to rent out the HDB for income.

thanks bros for your kind advice...

My parents are staying in the HDB and got the condo after many years in the HDB and tenanted it out... 

If my parents got the SERS replacement flat and continue to stay in this replacement HDB flat, they can still keep the condo (tenant it out) like they are doing now? There will not be any adverse conditions for them to get the SERS replacement flat (like have to sell the condo?) 

By common sense, if the SERS did not happen, then they would still be able to have both the current HDB flat AND the condo, and this is within the current rulings.

So if the SERS was setup upon them , then logically they will just swop the replacement flat for the old one and nothing else should be changed (i.e. no minimum MOP of 5 yrs for getting the new replacement flat....)

Heard from property agents, the "right" way is to stay in HDB and tenant out the pte property. But the "left" way many people are doing is to lock one bedroom and rent out the HDB and stay in condo....anyone can confirm this?

thanks again for your kind views and advice... 

My parents are staying in the HDB and got the condo after many years in the HDB and tenanted it out... 

If my parents got the SERS replacement flat and continue to stay in this replacement HDB flat, they can still keep the condo (tenant it out) like they are doing now? There will not be any adverse conditions for them to get the SERS replacement flat (like have to sell the condo?) 

By common sense, if the SERS did not happen, then they would still be able to have both the current HDB flat AND the condo, and this is within the current rulings.

So if the SERS was setup upon them , then logically they will just swop the replacement flat for the old one and nothing else should be changed (i.e. no minimum MOP of 5 yrs for getting the new replacement flat....)

Heard from property agents, the "right" way is to stay in HDB and tenant out the pte property. But the "left" way many people are doing is to lock one bedroom and rent out the HDB and stay in condo....anyone can confirm this?

Find one day, make an appointment and go down to HDB to ask instead of asking all the people on here (think majority do not even live in HDB).

Property agents are also not experts on this.

After clarifying in person, go back home and write an email and make them confirm via email as well because you can't trust the government these days.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1

Find one day, make an appointment and go down to HDB to ask instead of asking all the people on here (think majority do not even live in HDB).

Property agents are also not experts on this.

After clarifying in person, go back home and write an email and make them confirm via email as well because you can't trust the government these days.

Haha, wanted to do that.. No one knows better than hdb , hor? .. No point asking here n there, except from the horse's mouth.. thanks bro..

Nowadays quite lacks as you can see Air BnB still have listing in SG with no problem even for HDB. Not saying you should test water by going Air BnB but you should at least send your query to the HDB via the portal and register a reference number.

Forget about the AI Bot that provides the response as you want to register a response that states it explicitly clear that at the point of asking this was the response and have a reference number in the event they wind back the tape and disqualify you. 

well, thankfully there is no glut. Else HDB prices will collapse.

BTO build nowadays not to bad in terms of quality and finishing.

Close to what a condo property will have except the facilities. It seems like the copy and paste design of pinnacle except the ability to keep the loan shark out facilities of pinnacle.

How to have a glut? Still got 3 to 4 years backlog leh.

Even if there's excess, hdb can just hold on to the uncompleted blocks to avoid flooding the market right (in fact, this is what hdb should be doing instead of having people apply for flats 4 years before they are even ready to get married.)

How to have a glut? Still got 3 to 4 years backlog leh.

Even if there's excess, hdb can just hold on to the uncompleted blocks to avoid flooding the market right (in fact, this is what hdb should be doing instead of having people apply for flats 4 years before they are even ready to get married.)

Even if there's excess, hdb can just hold on to the uncompleted blocks to avoid flooding the market right

Yes and No. How to account for the financial closing and accountability to the people?

The book keeping exercise is quite large and to a certain degree, complicated. Managing accrual and balance the market is two different piece of the equation. It's still not a Private entity for HDB. Else, the number of the unsold unit would have a backlash and outcry of developers been slap with a tax of unsold unit while HDB has a surplus are not taxed.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Haha, wanted to do that.. No one knows better than hdb , hor? .. No point asking here n there, except from the horse's mouth.. thanks bro..

any updates from your discussion with HDB?

any updates from your discussion with HDB?

Nope, didn't get to that yet.. our area not yet en Bloc so just ask first.. will let all know if got official confirmation..my agent also can't answer this too..

Nope, didn't get to that yet.. our area not yet en Bloc so just ask first.. will let all know if got official confirmation..my agent also can't answer this too..

oh.. ok.. cool..

[sunny]  :a-m1212:

↡ Advertisement