Best and Worst all time car designs

Carbon82

Decided to start this thread to allow all to share their favorite car design, as well as the ugly ducking. As the saying goes, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so it is more of personal preference than right or wrong.

To start off, my favorite car in term of design goes to the 1st Generation Toyota Celica (1970 - 1977). Although >45 years has past, the car still look so good in today motoring world. The mod version look even better!

1970_Toyota_Celica_01.jpg1970_Toyota_Celica_02.jpg

170656_3b.jpg170656_4b.jpg170656_1b.jpg170656_2b.jpg170656_5b.jpg

As for the ugly ducking, 1998 Fiat Multipla is my top pick, until I saw this Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Shooting Brake in news. Sorry, it just look like a hearse to me.

fiat-multipla-pictures-18450.jpgfiat-multipla-09.jpgfiat-multipla-interior-1.jpg

2015-594557ferrari-365-gtb-4-daytona-sho2015-594555ferrari-365-gtb-4-daytona-sho2015-594551ferrari-365-gtb-4-daytona-sho2015-594547ferrari-365-gtb-4-daytona-sho

Edited by Carbon82
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

Turbocharged

Agreed the Celica is a beauty, but the fiat and ferrari didn't hit our shores so a bit difficult to visualize. Its ugly cos the internet days so...

Ugly cars I akin too are those who die a slow death and you secretly grin when the last of their COE expires. Let me think this through and Will post my take...

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

Some modern, ugly as hell P.O.S:

- Subaru Tribeca

- Toyota "dugong" Vios (2008 model)

- Mitsubishi Attrage

- Nissan Almera

- Mazda 2 sedan

- Mercedes Benz A Class (the first gen)

- Chery QQ

- Geely CK "Geevolution" (the hideous stickers)

- Ssangyong Stavic

- Mini Clubman (the 2016 model)

- Riced up BMWs/Mercs/Alfas/etc with loud coloured rims and black/loud coloured matt wrap.

There should be more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Agreed the Celica is a beauty, but the fiat and ferrari didn't hit our shores so a bit difficult to visualize. Its ugly cos the internet days so...

Ugly cars I akin too are those who die a slow death and you secretly grin when the last of their COE expires. Let me think this through and Will post my take...

• Praise 1

Is the last one a hearse or what?

yes I also agree it looks really like a hearse car, for the mini ones

@radx previous ride maybe  [:p]   

• Praise 2

I find this once rather popular car ugly.

Designed by Pininfarina some more! Must be designed by their interns.

573746_2.jpg573746_1.jpg

Every car design comes from a "designer" so does a plain T-shirt. Maybe it looks chio to them and to their liking. Haa.

Then again,any ppl still buy!

• Praise 1

Decided to start this thread to allow all to share their favorite car design, as well as the ugly ducking. As the saying goes, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so it is more of personal preference than right or wrong.

To start off, my favorite car in term of design goes to the 1st Generation Toyota Celica (1970 - 1977). Although >45 years has past, the car still look so good in today motoring world. The mod version look even better!

1970_Toyota_Celica_01.jpg1970_Toyota_Celica_02.jpg

170656_3b.jpg170656_4b.jpg170656_1b.jpg170656_2b.jpg170656_5b.jpg

As for the ugly ducking, 1998 Fiat Multipla is my top pick, until I saw this Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Shooting Brake in news. Sorry, it just look like a hearse to me.

fiat-multipla-pictures-18450.jpgfiat-multipla-09.jpgfiat-multipla-interior-1.jpg

2015-594557ferrari-365-gtb-4-daytona-sho2015-594555ferrari-365-gtb-4-daytona-sho2015-594551ferrari-365-gtb-4-daytona-sho2015-594547ferrari-365-gtb-4-daytona-sho

Can't agree more with the choices. Got a chance to drive the Celica for a short period of time. There are still some well-maintained units on the road. Don't know when they will be killed by our uniquely singapore COE!  

As for the Multipla, I twonder by now if there are any more units on the road? 

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

No matter how ugly the car design is and yet there are still many people buy. Like the 2006-2008 city, and the current almera.

No matter how ugly the car design is and yet there are still many people buy. Like the 2006-2008 city, and the current almera.

And the Latio hatchback/sedan. [:p]

Twincharged

And the Latio hatchback/sedan. [:p]

Latio hatchback ok la. The sedan is the ugly one. But the ugly cars sometimes are more practical cuz their shape makes them more spacious. Good for drivers who rather have a spacious car than a nice looking car lo. Another one is the Hyundai Matrix. Also very ugly, but cuz of its shape, its practical and very spacious inside.

• Praise 1