Best and Worst all time car designs

Carbon82

This is one of the best looking sport car in the recent years. Keep your eyes on the car, ok? [smash] [smash]

I respectfully disagree bro. I took a close look at it at KM day before yesterday. It looks quite underwhelming in the flesh.

And the front bay looks like any BnB Japanese car. Take a look.

post-52704-0-41605800-1474469278_thumb.jpg

I daresay even my Wish front engine bay looks more inspiring than that.

Yes, I know the real engine is just aft of the cabin, but only a small glimpse can be seen peeking out. Nothing like the visual (and of course, aural) treat you get with the mid-mounted Ferrari engines.

And then there's the small issue of the pricetag. Without COE, it's close to 900k (high 800+). That's between the pricing of the Huracan 580-2 and the 610-4, and between the NSX and the RWD raging bull, I know exactly which one I'd take in a heartbeat.

This car, like the LFA is probably only going to be bought by those who already own at least 3 other supercars. Once you've stocked up on Ferrari, Lamborghini and Mclaren, you'll probably want to slum it a little and go for the only supercar Honda. I doubt very much this car will be bought as a first or even second supercar.

In contrast, that original NSX had a certain magic that this lacks. That was a classic.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I was wondering about that pricing of the new NSX and why it seemed so bo hua compared to the Huracan.

The answer is that is.

The US price tag of that RWD Huracan is about 205k USD.

The same for the NSX is about 156k USD.

Meaning the NSX should be around 75% of the Huracan's pricetag. Certainly no more than 80%.

And if the NSX were indeed, say, a 650k (w/o COE) car, I bet there would be more interest.

So what's going on? Has KM ridiculously overpriced this car (heck, they've made it more ex than the RWD Huracan!)? Don't they know that no matter what the numbers are, Japanese marques simply don't scream "supercar!!" and they will have an uphill task moving this at that price point?

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 4

I respectfully disagree bro. I took a close look at it at KM day before yesterday. It looks quite underwhelming in the flesh.

And the front bay looks like any BnB Japanese car. Take a look.

attachicon.gifIMG_20160919_104346.jpg

I daresay even my Wish front engine bay looks more inspiring than that.

Yes, I know the real engine is just aft of the cabin, but only a small glimpse can be seen peeking out. Nothing like the visual (and of course, aural) treat you get with the mid-mounted Ferrari engines.

And then there's the small issue of the pricetag. Without COE, it's close to 900k (high 800+). That's between the pricing of the Huracan 580-2 and the 610-4, and between the NSX and the RWD raging bull, I know exactly which one I'd take in a heartbeat.

This car, like the LFA is probably only going to be bought by those who already own at least 3 other supercars. Once you've stocked up on Ferrari, Lamborghini and Mclaren, you'll probably want to slum it a little and go for the only supercar Honda. I doubt very much this car will be bought as a first or even second supercar.

In contrast, that original NSX had a certain magic that this lacks. That was a classic.

Thanks for the first hand info & review. Didn't really zoom into the engine compartment, and yes, upon closer look, it is kind of plasticy / filmsy and no where near to say, a Ferrari 458 Italia.

2016-Acura-NSX-rear-engine.jpg

2014-ferrari-458-speciale-released-in-fr

I was wondering about that pricing of the new NSX and why it seemed so bo hua compared to the Huracan.

The answer is that is.

The US price tag of that RWD Huracan is about 205k USD.

The same for the NSX is about 156k USD.

Meaning the NSX should be around 75% of the Huracan's pricetag. Certainly no more than 80%.

And if the NSX were indeed, say, a 650k (w/o COE) car, I bet there would be more interest.

So what's going on? Has KM ridiculously overpriced this car (heck, they've made it more ex than the RWD Huracan!)? Don't they know that no matter what the numbers are, Japanese marques simply don't scream "supercar!!" and they will have an uphill task moving this at that price point?

KM is just trying to make a quick one. Just look at the Legend, if I have S$350K± budget, I would have gone for a S400 or 740i. I am wondering how many unit of Legend and NSX will KM sold within 1 year, probably <10 in combination.

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 7

Thnaks for the first hand info & review. Didn't really zoom into the engine compartment, and yes, upon closer look, it is kind of plasticy / filmsy and no where near to say, a Ferrari 458 Italia.

2016-Acura-NSX-rear-engine.jpg

2014-ferrari-458-speciale-released-in-fr

Thanks bro. Good images for comparison. I was thinking of the 430 I recently sold, but the 458 illustrates the point well too. Ferrari presents its mid 8s very nicely indeed.

Do you agree with me about the pricing? At 650k, the NSX would've been a serious consideration. But not at this price.

Edit: ah thanks, you just replied. :)

Edited by Turboflat4

Dear Davidtch, this V12 cut half +33.33% for you ai mai? [:p][dead] [dead]

Why anyone would do this to a 5 Series Touring E34 is beyond us...

The only good thing about the “one-off van” is the 4.4-liter V8 underneath the hood...

You can have it for £2,750 (about $3,432) should you want a 5er van with black 17-inch Corvette wheels and “very loud” side exhaust tips.

bmw-5-series-van.jpgbmw-5-series-van.jpgbmw-5-series-van.jpgbmw-5-series-van.jpgbmw-5-series-van.jpg

• Praise 6

Dear Davidtch, this V12 cut half +33.33% for you ai mai? [:p][dead] [dead]

Why anyone would do this to a 5 Series Touring E34 is beyond us...

The only good thing about the “one-off van” is the 4.4-liter V8 underneath the hood...

You can have it for £2,750 (about $3,432) should you want a 5er van with black 17-inch Corvette wheels and “very loud” side exhaust tips.

bmw-5-series-van.jpgbmw-5-series-van.jpgbmw-5-series-van.jpgbmw-5-series-van.jpgbmw-5-series-van.jpg

No thanks.

This is ugly.

The BMW 1 series f20 still looks like crap but being the one and only rear wheel drive hatch in the world is easily forgivable and spend some money to facelift it make be worth while effort

• Praise 1

Dont buy NSX get DB11 can be james bond. Chick magnet, if you dont want girls attention james bond is also ti gong kia.

Edited by Bacteria83
  • Praise 1

Aiyer u all don't like the new NSX ah? Ok I don't buy liao

Not I say one... But honestly, after seeing the new NSX in metal, I concur with what mentioned by TF4 in his previous post.

Forget The New NSX, We Want This 1991 Supercharged NSX

There’s no doubt that the latest-generation Honda NSX is incredibly fast. It’s so fast in fact that it can outsprint a Lamborghini Aventador in a straight line. But is it a fitting successor to the original NSX?

Some would say yes, others would say no. In our eyes, the new NSX should have pushed the sports car industry forward like the original did some 26 years ago. Unfortunately, it hasn’t done that, despite its extensive use of the latest drivetrain technologies including three electric motors and a nine-speed transmission.

If given the chance, we’d opt for an original NSX, one similar to this example recently driven by Matt Farah of The Smoking Tire.

Created by Clarion Builds, it is based around a 1991 NSX but has been totally overhauled. That means it is now powered by the 3.2 VTEC V6 engine from the 2004 NSX and has been supercharged, resulting in 403 hp at 7,700 rpm and 296 lb-ft of torque at 5,100 rpm. It also includes a six-speed manual transmission, upgraded sway bars, better brakes and some extensive interior and exterior upgrades.

Although it suffers a few mechanical issues in Farah’s review, it just looks and sounds too good to ignore. We want one.

• Praise 5

to me, this is ugly.

Nissan march, Yes, haha agree, one of my old nurse used to drive it to work.

this model - think the headlight position too high up and almost near the windsreen. 

and the bare steering wheel and auto gear stick dont look good too if i recall correctly.

but parking should be easy due to its short length,

good for new women driver, no need reverse camera.....reverse sensor too not necessary/redundant!

• Praise 1

There is something about the timeless looks of the E30 that mesmerises me for the longest time.

The look of its pair of twin front eyes is like wine. It grows with you and the longer you look at it, the more you fall in love with it.

Compare the E30's eyes to the W210's and W211's, which seem cold and  lifeless, and to some extent, look like some old sagging boobs.  [laugh]

E30 Front

post-27974-0-01879000-1481165698_thumb.jpg

E30 Back

post-27974-0-92415600-1481165728_thumb.jpg

W210

post-27974-0-80471100-1481165835_thumb.jpg

W211

post-27974-0-50174100-1481165851_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng