Best and Worst all time car designs

Carbon82

Me too. Which reminds me of what I believe to be Hyundai's finest:

2012_hyundai_i40_tourer_active_diesel_au

In my opinion the original design of i40 is the best ever by the Korean corp.

(I also think it looks nicer without foglamps.)

On the other end for the Korean corp.... the MG Magentis was kind of awful to look at.

1920px-2006-2008_Kia_Optima_LX.jpg

Sorry but I still don't have much faith in Hyundai's design so I'm not going to agree on the i40. It may look ok now but I'm starting to see it's age and eccentricity in design. Not so sure if this car can stand the test of time.

As for the Magentis, it's not too bad lah. Considering Hyundai used to make this abomination before it actually looked not too bad.

2002-Hyundai-Sonata_.jpg

hyundai-elantra-2004-17.jpg

Edited by Pocus
↡ Advertisement

Ok, to be fair, Hyundai didn't started building ugly cars initially, else they wouldn't even get their big break. Their earlier cars are actually contemporarily pleasing and quite timeless truth be known.

Here are some examples

1990 Hyundai Scoupe, it's not a true sportscar due to the standard engine, but it's still an eye turner during it's time.

1992_hyundai_scoupe-pic-19766.jpeg

1990 Hyundai Elantra, it's design is on par with the Corollas and most Jap cars during that time

1990-hyundai-excel-2_grande.png?11992558

2001 Santa Fe, Hyundai's attempt to the SUV market, not half bad IIRC.

cars-hyundai-santa-fe-2000-195531.jpg

2005 Tuscani, Not an entirely nice look coupe and doesn't shine like the Scoupe, but it got it's rear design right till this day

57075_tiburon_main_05.jpg

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
Sorry but I still don't have much faith in Hyundai's design so I'm not going to agree on the i40. It may look ok now but I'm starting to see it's age and eccentricity in design. Not so sure if this car can stand the test of time.

It's the eccentricity of the design down to the 'moustache', curves, sculptured lines and curly DRL strip that make me feel the i40's first-generation iteration of "Fluidic Sculpture" is a car that will be considered beautiful for time to come. Or maybe I'm just too much of a fan of it.

I find the facelift... er, face, less unique and appealing than the original.

In the late '90s Mitsubishi introduced its best looking automobile ever.. (For me, of course.)

MITSUBISHIGalantVR-4-3277_2.jpg

While probably not their worst (are you thinking of the Mitsubishi i now...?), its successor is not even remotely as pleasant to look at.

1280px-04-06_Mitsubishi_Galant.jpg

Looks like a big fat frog...but still sells like hotcakes during it's hey days.... [rolleyes]

This was a liftback variant of its predecessor... now that's a frog. A few units made its way here through Borneo in the late 1990s.

No idea why they couldn't do a less offensive front just like the one on the sedan variant.

toyota_corolla_1998_hatch.jpg

wanted to post this. This is prius right? It is a damn ugly car in my opinion.

First look i though it is i40. Lol. So now comfort taxi also have prius liao?

Looks like a big fat frog...but still sells like hotcakes during it's hey days.... [rolleyes]

1_5_xli_toyota_corolla_manual_9663540278

Since the launched of this frog corolla, the design has been about the same from 2000 until 2007 era altis lo.

Ok, to be fair, Hyundai didn't started building ugly cars initially, else they wouldn't even get their big break. Their earlier cars are actually contemporarily pleasing and quite timeless truth be known.

Here are some examples

1990 Hyundai Scoupe, it's not a true sportscar due to the standard engine, but it's still an eye turner during it's time.

1992_hyundai_scoupe-pic-19766.jpeg

1990 Hyundai Elantra, it's design is on par with the Corollas and most Jap cars during that time

1990-hyundai-excel-2_grande.png?11992558

2001 Santa Fe, Hyundai's attempt to the SUV market, not half bad IIRC.

cars-hyundai-santa-fe-2000-195531.jpg

2005 Tuscani, Not an entirely nice look coupe and doesn't shine like the Scoupe, but it got it's rear design right till this day

57075_tiburon_main_05.jpg

My favourite Hyundai of all times is the Scope. I remember going to Komoco showroom with my father when I was a kid when my dad had a Stellar (which is a first gen Sonata) then. We were there to buy the 1st Gen Elantra and it wasn't even in the showroom yet. We went to the workshop behind to look at it and my father bought it instantly. We have lots of people looking at our Elantra then because we were the first few customer who were driving the car then. I was convincing my father to buy the yellow Scoupe in the showroom and the first Sonata was parking right beside it. I wonder if any Scoupe still survive today. Last seen one white one maybe 6 years ago. I still love it although Hyundai then had tons of problems. I don't really love the Hyundais of today.

First look i though it is i40. Lol. So now comfort taxi also have prius liao?

Since the launched of this frog corolla, the design has been about the same from 2000 until 2007 era altis lo.

My friend and I were saying the last Corolla from Japan then was a tortoise shell. It was so ugly then. I still see a old man driving a maroon one and its in pristine condition. It doesn't look ugly to me anymore. The new Corolla than this one is much uglier.

This was a liftback variant of its predecessor... now that's a frog. A few units made its way here through Borneo in the late 1990s.

No idea why they couldn't do a less offensive front just like the one on the sedan variant.

toyota_corolla_1998_hatch.jpg

I find this model much more attractive than the sedan version

My father's first car, 1980 honda accord. It was a nice car to ride during the days.

autowp.ru_honda_accord_sedan_10.jpeg

Intend to get the newer 1994 model which look nice to us.

honda-accord-cd-100_2sqsn.jpg

But in the end bought a brand new Corolla instead.

toyota_corolla_sedan_jp-spec_5.jpeg

Edited by Sugimoto

This is one of the best looking sport car in the recent years. Keep your eyes on the car, ok? [smash] [smash]

089_o.jpg057_o.jpg071_o.jpg011_o.jpg032_o.jpg079_o.jpg077_o.jpg081_o.jpg073_o.jpg075_o.jpg025_o.jpg065_o.jpg087_o.jpg085_o.jpg053_o.jpg059_o.jpg

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 7

Forumer here getting difficult to please, keep asking for the lady doctor... Anyway, this is one of the best looking sport car in the recent years. 

Agree, nice nsx....futuristic look.

The lights, 19 inch wheels, central exhaust, look like full specs interior with many buttons.

....remind me of the Audi featured in i-robot, 

• Praise 1

The original NSX still looks way better though.

I suspect the original NSX will be able to withstand time better. It still look good after quarter of a century. [thumbsup]

honda-nsx-coupe-na-1990-pics-204527.jpg1990-acura-nsx-1.jpghonda-nsx-coupe-na-1990-images-204521.jphonda-nsx-coupe-na-1990-models-204528.jp

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 12

This is one of the best looking sport car in the recent years.

Can someone ask the girl to F off? Dann distracting!

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1