Advice needed: Contractor ran off with money collected

Hanah hanah you win lah. Wah piang.

[hur]

Go & read post #17.

I realistic.  Not unrealistic like you still call ppl siao.

A lot of time, legal route cannot get back $$$ for these contractors 1

Also read the post below.

Edited by Davidtch
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

things to note;

even if you win a claim at SCT, enforcing it is NOT their problem. they will simply ask you to hire a lawyer to attempt to enforce for you. i have dealt with this situation before, and once they issue judgment, they wash their hands clean of the issue, and it is entirely up to you to enforce through a lawyer.

dont even waste your time, and take it as a lesson learnt ... the contractor i work with is fantastic. he takes 10% downpayment, when he completes 40-50% of the job, he takes another 20% from me. when he finishes 75-80%, he collects up to 50-60%. and a damn straight forward contractor. (he has spoilt me cos I cant get these terms from other contractors lol)

• Praise 2

Go & read post #17.

I realistic.  Not unrealistic like you still call ppl siao.

A lot of time, legal route cannot get back $$$ for these contractors 1

It's only at #17 post dan I get to know happen what. Yalah you the know it all. You the man. [thumbsup]

Anyway I only giving TS an option. He's still the one to decide.  Geez.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

It's only at #17 post dan I get to know happen what. Yalah you the know it all. You the man. [thumbsup]

Piang eh!

Ppl already says mobile no answer.  No need say also know that he has intention to siam.  Still want to Small Claim?

Too much $$$ Too much time huh?????

Give advice also must give useful 1 hor

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 1

If you don't answer your mobile means line deactivation?

Anyway what a waste of time replying to you.

You can always call me +86 185 1085 3850.

I promise i will pick up your call.

things to note;

even if you win a claim at SCT, enforcing it is NOT their problem. they will simply ask you to hire a lawyer to attempt to enforce for you. i have dealt with this situation before, and once they issue judgment, they wash their hands clean of the issue, and it is entirely up to you to enforce through a lawyer.

dont even waste your time, and take it as a lesson learnt ... the contractor i work with is fantastic. he takes 10% downpayment, when he completes 40-50% of the job, he takes another 20% from me. when he finishes 75-80%, he collects up to 50-60%. and a damn straight forward contractor. (he has spoilt me cos I cant get these terms from other contractors lol)

can share the name and number of this contractor please?  Can send to me via PM?  Thanks!

• Praise 1

I engaged a contractor to do some home improvement works in involving steel and glass panels. He collected down-payment and completed the steel works. Then he asked for payment in advance so that he can pay for glass panels he ordered to complete structure.

After receiving my cheque and collecting the advance money for glass, the contractor disappeared the day after. He left his tools behind at site, and has remained uncontactable ever since. Attempts to call his mobile, registered office phone went unanswered. Even my registered letters demanding refund and notice of termination bounced back.

I got another contractor to finish the job, but now I want the money I paid to original contractor in advance back. I made a Police report for fraud as the contractor took money with no intention of fulfilling the contract. After investigation, Police replied that is not criminal offence and advised me to take civil action.

What can I now do and how to go about? If I go to Small Claims tribunal, contractor will not show up. If SCT judgement is in my favour, how do I go about making him pay, when he cannot even be found and likely wont even have any money to pay. 

Any advice is appreciated.  

' Police replied that is not criminal offence'

like this still no crime commited. :shy:  

• Praise 1

Who would leave the tools?

Strike toto and don't need to work.

Got into an accident and now in hospital.

Like Harrison Ford was a kitchen contractor

and got the part for Star Wars and never went

back to get his tools. Its still with the owner now.

:D

• Praise 3

I can win at Small Claims. But as his phone no longer in use, registered office closed, and even registered mail via Singpost bounced back how to serve him court papers.

If cannot serve him the court orders, how to claim back? I am also assuming that the company is bankrupt as I managed to speak to a local worker of his who left due to not being paid and confirmed the company's poor financial health.

Will debt collection agency be effective against a broke business with few assets?

You already said bankrupt, is it a pte ltd or sole proprietorship? Go check with your lawyers what to do la... Bankrupt already and you still want to chase, it's throwing good money after bad. The amount of money and effort you would spend trying to get it back when it's declared bankrupt or under receivership is probably not worth it, when the company goes under, first to receive are statutory receivers, followed by staff, then other debtors, in the long line, which position are you listed.

And you really should seek the advice from either your lawyers or some friend who is versed in the law, or go read up and google renovation contractor didn't complete work, I am sure you would find lots of cases in renotalk and how they resolved it.

• Praise 3

How come no one recommend this stylo MIB?

Because, honestly, he looks more like he belongs in a Gangnam style rip-off video than in a gang of pai kias. :D

Because, honestly, he looks more like he belongs in a Gangnam style rip-off video than in a gang of pai kias. :D

Give him a buzz lah. He's been waiting...

post-163127-0-71770700-1471438509.jpg

If you don't answer your mobile means line deactivation?

Anyway what a waste of time replying to you.

@davidtch and @watwheels

Take a chill pill and stay away from this thread.

You can always call me +86 185 1085 3850.

I promise i will pick up your call.

You already said bankrupt, is it a pte ltd or sole proprietorship? Go check with your lawyers what to do la... Bankrupt already and you still want to chase, it's throwing good money after bad. The amount of money and effort you would spend trying to get it back when it's declared bankrupt or under receivership is probably not worth it, when the company goes under, first to receive are statutory receivers, followed by staff, then other debtors, in the long line, which position are you listed.

And you really should seek the advice from either your lawyers or some friend who is versed in the law, or go read up and google renovation contractor didn't complete work, I am sure you would find lots of cases in renotalk and how they resolved it.

This is about the best advice........[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] Edited by Tianmo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1