PCD 5 x 113 rims on PCD 5 x 112

Bossbthk

I recently changed a set of rims from a workshop. 

i was assured that the set of rims i have chosen PCD 5 x 113 are able to fit my ride of PCD 5 x 112

after which after fixing, i felt the right front wobbling ... despite wobble nuts and fitting center ring...  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i was assured that the set of rims i have chosen PCD 5 x 113 are able to fit my ride of PCD 5 x 112

after which after fixing, i felt the right front wobbling ... despite wobble nuts and fitting center ring...  

you kenna con by workshop...different pcd how to fit.

better go back to workshop and ask for refund or correct size PCD..

• Praise 1

So far never come across 5 x 113 before. Sure the pcd is correct?

• Praise 1

114.3 is it?

114.3 is it?

pcd 5 x 113... because it is a new type of RIM manufactured to fit 112 and 114.3 

The thing is ... the left front felt planted. But the right on speed 70, 80 and 90km/h has slight and numb vibration on the steering wheel. 

hmmm offset and all pretty decent. just that i was explained by them on the PCD would not make a significant difference. 
Balancing & alignment all okie. hence i don't understand why only the right front vibrates instead of both the front vibrating. 

left front is good. 

Pardon me i can't mention the workshop name. i don't want to discredit them also. Just the ding dong is bit irritating. 
i may ask them to replace me a set of rim with the right PCD. Just that i have to forego the chosen design. 

Just want to raise this in forum to see if anyone has similar issue and solution.

They are quite good chaps also. willing and patience to rectify my problem.  

Thanks fellow chaps for the inputs.

Regards,

hmmm offset and all pretty decent. just that i was explained by them on the PCD would not make a significant difference.

Balancing & alignment all okie. hence i don't understand why only the right front vibrates instead of both the front vibrating.

left front is good.

Pardon me i can't mention the workshop name. i don't want to discredit them also. Just the ding dong is bit irritating.

i may ask them to replace me a set of rim with the right PCD. Just that i have to forego the chosen design.

Just want to raise this in forum to see if anyone has similar issue and solution.

They are quite good chaps also. willing and patience to rectify my problem.

Thanks fellow chaps for the inputs.

Regards,

Please share with me the name, at least i know where to avoid

Pcd small diff also cannot. Unless stated in manual book

• Praise 2

pcd 5 x 113... because it is a new type of RIM manufactured to fit 112 and 114.3 

The thing is ... the left front felt planted. But the right on speed 70, 80 and 90km/h has slight and numb vibration on the steering wheel. 

Never heard of such a thing!

My 1st 2nd hand car which had new rims and tyres also had vibrations at 80-90km/h.

Brought it to a tyre shop and found out that the car dealer used wrong PCD 4x100 instead of the correct 4x98, which was hard to find.

Wobble bolts are quite commonly used overseas. I've run these for years without issues. 1mm correction is well within limits. But I used quality wobble bolts from BBS. Of the 5 holes, one is fitted with a normal bolt. The other 4 are wobble bolts, each tightened to the exact same torque.

• Praise 1

Wobble bolts are quite commonly used overseas. I've run these for years without issues. 1mm correction is well within limits. But I used quality wobble bolts from BBS. Of the 5 holes, one is fitted with a normal bolt. The other 4 are wobble bolts, each tightened to the exact same torque.

Yup can use wobble nut for slightly different pcd (I think <2mm) but must remember to use hubcentric ring if the CB is not exactly the same.

oh crap ... they used all 5 ... basket ... but i can't explain why the front felt smooth ... while the front right has that irritating vibration through the steering wheel... 

To further elaborate. Rear staggered, without wobble nuts.  they use it in the front to minimise the vibration 

Yup can use wobble nut for slightly different pcd (I think <2mm) but must remember to use hubcentric ring if the CB is not exactly the same.

i have doubts with the center ring also ... but when i inspect... it seems fitting... 

really scratching the head for an answer .. 

Is all the 4 tires same size? If same size, than swap the front right with the rear right to see if it still have the vibration feel. if still the same than it might not be the rim liao. B'cos if vibration is due to PCD, than both front wheels should be vibrating not only 1 side.

wobble bolts is OK

BUT , it does not work on any wheels

only known brands using or approved to use wobble bolt is OZ / BBS (because is stated in their Product book/ box , and usually they will supply together with the wheels)

same applies to

I have seen online selling wobble bolts , they are selling you the product and will not care about what and how you use them and what the consequences.

be a smart Consumers

5x113 is really something new here

wobble bolts is around for may be 5 years or longer

saw them from wheels like BBS and OZ  PCD 5x110/112  5x100/98 4x100/98

and these usually came complete with the new wheels from wheel manufacturer

It applied to the same for Wheel spacer which come complete or optional from wheels manufacturer (you are safe)

I will suggest the Said car owner go back the shop who sold you the 5x113 wheels for his Advice (because they are the seller supposed to take care of this issue) which they can refer it to their supplier or Manufacturer for further study

done ...case close ... fall back to a rim with 5x112. 

instantly less vibration felt through the steering... 

↡ Advertisement