PCD 5 x 113 rims on PCD 5 x 112

Bossbthk

(edited)

Anyone installed 5x113.1 rims on car with pcd 5x114.3? Tyre shop told me 5x113.1 rims are design to fit 114.3 and 112. How does it work?

Edited by Stooky
↡ Advertisement

I visited a few shops. All told me the same thing. Dual pcd should have more holes, right? Curious about how it works

Ya. How come got middle PCD now. Went rim shopping at the big tyre and rim shop at Paya Lebar, saw some rims with PCD 5x113. They assured me 5x113 can fit my Honda. Really?? Honda PCD is 5x114.3

These tyres shop will also tell you to get a rim with an offset that flushes with your fenders for better handling and look.

Rubbish backyard tyre shop that knows nothing about car suspension and it's suspension geometric design.

I visited a few shops. All told me the same thing. Dual pcd should have more holes, right? Curious about how it works

remembered in old days the Dual PCD : 4x100/4x1143 or 5x100/5x1143 or 4x1143/5x1143 from Japanese wheel Maker like Enkei if I remembered correctly, later few Italian company and Taiwanese follow same concept .

EU wheels Brand like OZ / BBS and more ? started this Dual PCD(not multi holes) only limited to certain of their Product with Flexible Bolts (no Nuts) . Example like the Specified Wheels is PCD 5x112 which Wheel maker Approved use for 5x110 with Flexible Bolts.

MY POV is OK so long the Wheel makers endorsed it.

Neutral Newbie

i find out this day in mudah.my most of the seller written down the info 112x5/114.3x5 .. so when i ask the seller , can this rims install in honda crz .. the seller directly reply me , yes .. so i ask need to do any modification or .. the seller reply me no need .. then i ask will have side effect and problem when driving in high speed .. the seller reply me .. no as well ...

so i will need a confirmation for those ever bought some of the rims in mudah.my with those info and install in their vehicle will no problem at all ... thanks

i find out this day in mudah.my most of the seller written down the info 112x5/114.3x5 .. so when i ask the seller , can this rims install in honda crz .. the seller directly reply me , yes .. so i ask need to do any modification or .. the seller reply me no need .. then i ask will have side effect and problem when driving in high speed .. the seller reply me .. no as well ...

so i will need a confirmation for those ever bought some of the rims in mudah.my with those info and install in their vehicle will no problem at all ... thanks

in fact the seller is correct but he didnt answer your questions fully. 112 to 114.3 can be fitted by using wobble bolts which is not uncommon. Basically, the five bolts come with a tapper sleeve each with their center hole slightly larger than the bolts by about 2mm radius. When a rim is secured by the bolts , the tapper sleeves will center and position itself to the holes of the rim while allowing the bolts to still be mounted properly to the wheel plate. if you take a cross section view of a mounted bolt and sleeve, a bolt is not sitting at the exact  center of the rim hole , instead  it is offset, but the tapper sleeve that gets secured by the bolts is seating at the center of the rim. 

Ya. How come got middle PCD now. Went rim shopping at the big tyre and rim shop at Paya Lebar, saw some rims with PCD 5x113. They assured me 5x113 can fit my Honda. Really?? Honda PCD is 5x114.3

5x113 is the rim PCD, in fact there is no car manufacturer making wheels with this PCD if i am not wrong. It is intentionally manufactured by rim manufactures with this dimension in between 5x112 and 5x114.3 so that the tyre shops could use wobble bolts to mount the rims on either 112 or 114.3 PCD with no problem.  you guys can google wobble bolts to understand how it works. 

Dual PCD is a different term. it means the rim can fit two different PCD  exactly without any modification(no need  to use wobble bolts). But the rims will look ugly because there will always be a set of empty holes left unused on the rims , which will make the set up looks "unprofessional".  This was popular long ago but I see lesser multi PCD rims on the road these days.  

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

ct3833 , i didnt see they mentioned this Wobbles bolts in his posting and for PCD 1143 is mostly using NUTS .

I think i had read articles about the Wobbles Bolts some where (could be OZ wheel or BBS wheels site correct me if i am wrong).

just MHO

Neutral Newbie

ct3833 , i didnt see they mentioned this Wobbles bolts in his posting and for PCD 1143 is mostly using NUTS .

I think i had read articles about the Wobbles Bolts some where (could be OZ wheel or BBS wheels site correct me if i am wrong).

just MHO

ya i also view some posting like that .. 

if the 112x5 / 1143x5 is printed or written by wheels manufacturers i have confident.

but some how kindly make sure the wheels centre hub fit perfectly with proper reducing ring.

Neutral Newbie

if the 112x5 / 1143x5 is printed or written by wheels manufacturers i have confident.

but some how kindly make sure the wheels centre hub fit perfectly with proper reducing ring.

hopefully no problem when i install it .. will update the condition by then ... 

Neutral Newbie

Anyone installed 5x113.1 rims on car with pcd 5x114.3? Tyre shop told me 5x113.1 rims are design to fit 114.3 and 112. How does it work?

Hi, i did on my previous ride. Had 113.1 fix on my volkswagen jetta originally pcd is 112. No issue. I change my ride pass my rims to my brother driving elentra- original pcd is 114.3. What i heard was 113.1 is mean for both. So can use on both. Just my experience.
  • Praise 1

Hi, i did on my previous ride. Had 113.1 fix on my volkswagen jetta originally pcd is 112. No issue. I change my ride pass my rims to my brother driving elentra- original pcd is 114.3. What i heard was 113.1 is mean for both. So can use on both. Just my experience.

I think the Holes are little difference

just MHO

It is why i said he did not explain  fully to you . wobble bolt , essentially is using a tapered washer that has some allowance to move  side way slightly. 

↡ Advertisement