Paint like spots on car windscreen

Daniu82

Hi, my windscreen seems like having spots like paint on it and I work near shipyard. I went to Dr Glass and he polished the glass and it is smooth again, but a few weeks then the problem comes back again. Does anybody knows what is the problem and how to prevent it?? 

↡ Advertisement

Hi, my windscreen seems like having spots like paint on it and I work near shipyard. I went to Dr Glass and he polished the glass and it is smooth again, but a few weeks then the problem comes back again. Does anybody knows what is the problem and how to prevent it?? 

Try parking indoor if you are currently parking in the open.

My car also has brown coloured spots on body and windscreen found during car wash. I suspect it may be from trees.

Try parking indoor if you are currently parking in the open.

My car also has brown coloured spots on body and windscreen found during car wash. I suspect it may be from trees.

No choice, my company only have outdoor parking. I heard from people that it might be sandblasting or paint from nearby shipyards... 

No choice, my company only have outdoor parking. I heard from people that it might be sandblasting or paint from nearby shipyards... 

Yah lor...the root problem is outdoor parking...if you park under shed, problem will be solved.

Mine is open air parking so my car is also subjected to the elements of nature.

I also find that dark grey seems to attract bird poop. Whenever I parked under trees...sure kena left right centre.

It's the paint on the windscreen. I had that issue after I sent my previous ride for a respray. Apparently, the newspaper covering it flew off and affected certain parts of the Windscreen. It's those very fine paint which was not visible but it kind of blur our the vision a little and cause wiper judder.

The solar film shop that installed the film prior to the spray job helped to eradicate the issue by using the back part of saw blade to scrap off the layer of paint.

Hope this helps...

there is a solution and it is very easy. go buy a car cover and cover it up when u park there. the only down side is you will be the only odd car with car cover. if you can bare with it then problem solved

• Praise 2

It's the paint on the windscreen. I had that issue after I sent my previous ride for a respray. Apparently, the newspaper covering it flew off and affected certain parts of the Windscreen. It's those very fine paint which was not visible but it kind of blur our the vision a little and cause wiper judder.

The solar film shop that installed the film prior to the spray job helped to eradicate the issue by using the back part of saw blade to scrap off the layer of paint.

Hope this helps...

Can just use pen knife blade?? Just use the back of the blade to scrap the glass??

Hi bros,

Can someone advise me?

I just realised that I have two small cracks on my windscreen. I suspect it's chip from stones. Can someone advise me on the below:

1) how to repair? Should I claim on insurance?

2) will claiming on insurance result in loading next year or affect my NCD?

3) Any good and trustworthy shops to repair?

4) Currently there is no tinting on all my windows. If I want to tint(LTA approved tint), any good shops to recommend and any idea roughly how much?

Hi bros,

Can someone advise me?

I just realised that I have two small cracks on my windscreen. I suspect it's chip from stones. Can someone advise me on the below:

1) how to repair? Should I claim on insurance?

2) will claiming on insurance result in loading next year or affect my NCD?

3) Any good and trustworthy shops to repair?

4) Currently there is no tinting on all my windows. If I want to tint(LTA approved tint), any good shops to recommend and any idea roughly how much?

Claim insurance lor

Normally free for first time, excess waived off

The insurance co will appoint workshop for u. I did it at Dr glass

Alot good shops, one of them infratint

• Praise 1

Claim insurance lor

Normally free for first time, excess waived off

The insurance co will appoint workshop for u. I did it at Dr glass

Alot good shops, one of them infratint

Will it affect my insurance or ncd?

Turbocharged

So I left my car overnight and it seemed pretty fine the next morning, then I went out in the morning and came back, parked for a few hours and then found the top surfaces covered in dust spots all over.

I don't seem to find this when parking at other houses for long durations. Is there something weird in the air in my area??

↡ Advertisement