Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

Daniu82
  • Daniu82
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, my windscreen seems like having spots like paint on it and I work near shipyard. I went to Dr Glass and he polished the glass and it is smooth again, but a few weeks then the problem comes back again. Does anybody knows what is the problem and how to prevent it?? 

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:58 AM

Poohbor
  • Poohbor
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, my windscreen seems like having spots like paint on it and I work near shipyard. I went to Dr Glass and he polished the glass and it is smooth again, but a few weeks then the problem comes back again. Does anybody knows what is the problem and how to prevent it?? 

Try parking indoor if you are currently parking in the open.

My car also has brown coloured spots on body and windscreen found during car wash. I suspect it may be from trees.

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

Daniu82
  • Daniu82
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Try parking indoor if you are currently parking in the open.

My car also has brown coloured spots on body and windscreen found during car wash. I suspect it may be from trees.

No choice, my company only have outdoor parking. I heard from people that it might be sandblasting or paint from nearby shipyards... 

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

Xanavi
  • Premium member
    Xanavi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yellowish? Tree sap
Poohbor praised this
發啊!

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:12 PM

Poohbor
  • Poohbor
    4th Gear
    Author Image

No choice, my company only have outdoor parking. I heard from people that it might be sandblasting or paint from nearby shipyards... 

Yah lor...the root problem is outdoor parking...if you park under shed, problem will be solved.

Mine is open air parking so my car is also subjected to the elements of nature.

I also find that dark grey seems to attract bird poop. Whenever I parked under trees...sure kena left right centre.

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:34 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    Supercharged
    Author Image

It's the paint on the windscreen. I had that issue after I sent my previous ride for a respray. Apparently, the newspaper covering it flew off and affected certain parts of the Windscreen. It's those very fine paint which was not visible but it kind of blur our the vision a little and cause wiper judder.

The solar film shop that installed the film prior to the spray job helped to eradicate the issue by using the back part of saw blade to scrap off the layer of paint.

Hope this helps...

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:23 PM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    5th Gear
    Author Image

there is a solution and it is very easy. go buy a car cover and cover it up when u park there. the only down side is you will be the only odd car with car cover. if you can bare with it then problem solved

flashbang and JohnSHL praised this

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:44 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I saw someone using this in an open space carpark.

Daniu82 praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:15 AM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I saw someone using this in an open space carpark.

Very interesting product!

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:49 PM

Daniu82
  • Daniu82
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

It's the paint on the windscreen. I had that issue after I sent my previous ride for a respray. Apparently, the newspaper covering it flew off and affected certain parts of the Windscreen. It's those very fine paint which was not visible but it kind of blur our the vision a little and cause wiper judder.

The solar film shop that installed the film prior to the spray job helped to eradicate the issue by using the back part of saw blade to scrap off the layer of paint.

Hope this helps...

Can just use pen knife blade?? Just use the back of the blade to scrap the glass??

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:57 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Can just use pen knife blade?? Just use the back of the blade to scrap the glass??

That's what they did with hacksaw blade.

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:48 PM

Daniu82
  • Daniu82
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi, just wan to ask where to buy claybar for glass? Autobaccs have??

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:32 AM

jaspal81
  • Premium member
    jaspal81
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi bros,

Can someone advise me?

I just realised that I have two small cracks on my windscreen. I suspect it's chip from stones. Can someone advise me on the below:

1) how to repair? Should I claim on insurance?
2) will claiming on insurance result in loading next year or affect my NCD?
3) Any good and trustworthy shops to repair?
4) Currently there is no tinting on all my windows. If I want to tint(LTA approved tint), any good shops to recommend and any idea roughly how much?

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:03 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi bros,

Can someone advise me?

I just realised that I have two small cracks on my windscreen. I suspect it's chip from stones. Can someone advise me on the below:

1) how to repair? Should I claim on insurance?
2) will claiming on insurance result in loading next year or affect my NCD?
3) Any good and trustworthy shops to repair?
4) Currently there is no tinting on all my windows. If I want to tint(LTA approved tint), any good shops to recommend and any idea roughly how much?

Claim insurance lor

Normally free for first time, excess waived off

The insurance co will appoint workshop for u. I did it at Dr glass

Alot good shops, one of them infratint
RH1667 praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:57 AM

jaspal81
  • Premium member
    jaspal81
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Claim insurance lor

Normally free for first time, excess waived off

The insurance co will appoint workshop for u. I did it at Dr glass

Alot good shops, one of them infratint

Will it affect my insurance or ncd?

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:46 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Will it affect my insurance or ncd?

Nope
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Waxco Nano Super Rain Act (250ml)

Waxco Nano Super Rain Act (250ml)  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by carwizard  |  1st Gear

Bad product

Applied this on my windscreen well and thoroughly but the effect wasn't good at all. Its as good as not applying anything on it. Drove out during a rainy day and instantly you can tell that this product is BAD when the water doesn't bead up a... » Read More

CW 1:100  Classic Windshield Cleaner

CW 1:100 Classic Windshield Cleaner  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by NeObLaZtErS  |  Neutral Newbie

Windscreen cleaner

Got it to try. Pour it into the windscreen water tank and mix with existing water. Clean pretty well. Just that at the beginning it seems bit soapy. Maybe the concentration of the mixture after I poured in is not correct. But it manage to rem... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Windscreen Care

Quick Reply

Tags: paint, spots, windscreen and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users