Club Med Experience

Shorty

Turbocharged

Hi guys, i hope this has not been discussed yet cos i searched n find no result for club med. 

planning to bring my parents n 2 kids to club med bintan for dec holidays. anyone been there b4? or any other club med in asia? how is the experience like? i understand that a lot are included in the package. does it include all the meals? n is it true that food is available round the clock?

my plan is to let my kids participate in all the kids' activities while we adults jus laze ard, massage n mayb do some of the less tiring activities. pls also advise what are the additional expenses that i can expect.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi guys, i hope this has not been discussed yet cos i searched n find no result for club med. 

planning to bring my parents n 2 kids to club med bintan for dec holidays. anyone been there b4? or any other club med in asia? how is the experience like? i understand that a lot are included in the package. does it include all the meals? n is it true that food is available round the clock?

my plan is to let my kids participate in all the kids' activities while we adults jus laze ard, massage n mayb do some of the less tiring activities. pls also advise what are the additional expenses that i can expect.

all meals are included and you can eat at the main halls for main meals and also eat at the restaurants outside of normal dining hours. this includes alcohol all day! 

most of the activities are free including those for kids. if your kids are too young then you might need to employ a nanny. note that there might some activities which include swimming in the swimming pool where your kid might be unsupervised as they will have only 2-3 GO's monitoring the whole group

additional expenses would come in the form of souvenirs, or some paid-for activities, and of course - the massages are not free

enjoy!

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

all meals are included and you can eat at the main halls for main meals and also eat at the restaurants outside of normal dining hours. this includes alcohol all day! 

most of the activities are free including those for kids. if your kids are too young then you might need to employ a nanny. note that there might some activities which include swimming in the swimming pool where your kid might be unsupervised as they will have only 2-3 GO's monitoring the whole group

additional expenses would come in the form of souvenirs, or some paid-for activities, and of course - the massages are not free

enjoy!

thks for your reply. since i don plan to do much, i might b at poolside when the kids r there. can keep an eye as well. so how was ur experience there? worth it?

all meals are included and you can eat at the main halls for main meals and also eat at the restaurants outside of normal dining hours. this includes alcohol all day

enjoy!

Included in the price and free flow?

:D

yes! but bear in mind some might find the price to be quite steep!

Good info  [thumbsup]

I don't think I will be going.

Anyway I got the wrong idea I thought it was one of those

18 - 30 years old holiday to shack up. I am very interested

in that although I am not 18 - 30.

Edited by Jamesc

thks for your reply. since i don plan to do much, i might b at poolside when the kids r there. can keep an eye as well. so how was ur experience there? worth it?

it was worth it to me since i like participating in the activities. the kid enjoyed it too since she basically spent the whole day swimming. the missus could just relax although she would have preferred a different type of holiday where there was more sightseeing/shopping

however, i met someone who went there before and complained that the rooms were run down, toilets aren't nice for the price they paid, and didn't like the fact that some GOs tried to talk to them during meals (the GOs - gentle organisers are supposed to do that)

to each their own i guess

Good info  [thumbsup]

I don't think I will be going.

Anyway I got the wrong idea I thought it was one of those

18 - 30 years old holiday to shack up. I am very interested

in that although I am not 18 - 30.

yeah i heard about that too but it was more for the less family-friendly locations like phuket. the real party starts after the night shows and doesn't end till early morning! 

it was worth it to me since i like participating in the activities. the kid enjoyed it too since she basically spent the whole day swimming. the missus could just relax although she would have preferred a different type of holiday where there was more sightseeing/shopping

however, i met someone who went there before and complained that the rooms were run down, toilets aren't nice for the price they paid, and didn't like the fact that some GOs tried to talk to them during meals (the GOs - gentle organisers are supposed to do that)

yeah i heard about that too but it was more for the less family-friendly locations like phuket. the real party starts after the night shows and doesn't end till early morning! 

I on off to Phuket to test if this is true or not 

but this is strictly just for a better understanding

and knowledge purpose only.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

ah yes....i read some of the reviews abt the rooms there. the place is quite old n they hv yet to renovate or refurbish the rooms. i guess the selling point for them are the activities n hospitality. i jus ran a quick check in their website, total for 4 adults n 2 kids, 3 nights is abt $3500. 

I've been to the Club Med in Bintan last year in Jun.

Yes, apart from some activities (message, excursion like turtle watching in Kuantan) that need to pay, all the rest are included... so those who like buffet, can take alcohol will be more worth it.

For Bintan, activities worth trying:

- Trapeze (like those in the circus); kids of certain age can join too.

- Archery; quite rarely we try this over here... but pre-warn... damn full of mosquitoes at the shooting range  [thumbsdown]  remember to put mozzie repellent

- kayaking

- sailing if you want to give it a try

- snorkelling (not too bad if you don't have too high expectation)

- you can also play badminton/ping pong with your kids if got spare time & nothing to do

- Feeding the fishes near a particular corner of the beach... the kids would love it... you can kapo some bread during breakfast time for the feeding. Is good alternative to going for the snorkelling as only older kids can join.

Every night there's also performance put up by the GOs.

Agreed the price is not cheap (need to pay for the membership as well)... but worth a try as it can be quite a good bonding with your family.

Bintan is quite a fav with S'porean as is the nearest with just a short ferry ride.

• Praise 1

Club Med for is mainly for parents to relax and let the stuff take care of kids

There are programs for kids n adult. Try join their programs and activities daily different.

A lot of friendliness and interactions from staffs

Night performance (by their staffs too)

Free flow of food n drinks. Just spend days within there don't bother go out of compound

Amdk luv this type of experience

Not suitable for people who wants own peace n quiet

I luv the Pte beach..clear waters

Careful monkeys stealing your things

ah yes....i read some of the reviews abt the rooms there. the place is quite old n they hv yet to renovate or refurbish the rooms. i guess the selling point for them are the activities n hospitality. i jus ran a quick check in their website, total for 4 adults n 2 kids, 3 nights is abt $3500.

Try ask for 2 connecting rooms (can open the doors between rooms)

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Thanks @Spanly and @Sunny for ur feedbacks. Being able to relax while keeping the kids bz is why im considering club med. Other holidays i will b more tired than the kids.

Club Med is not known for nice rooms. Expect their rooms to be almost as bad as NTUC chalet type rooms. Rather, they are known for the GOs (Gentle Officers, as their staff are known). GOs are really friendly and come from all over the world.

Club Med holidays are the only ones where I don't have to do any planning. This is the place to go if you want to plonk yourself there and do nothing. Avoid if you want to go shopping or sightseeing.

Turbocharged

Club Med is not known for nice rooms. Expect their rooms to be almost as bad as NTUC chalet type rooms. Rather, they are known for the GOs (Gentle Officers, as their staff are known). GOs are really friendly and come from all over the world.

Club Med holidays are the only ones where I don't have to do any planning. This is the place to go if you want to plonk yourself there and do nothing. Avoid if you want to go shopping or sightseeing.

That is exactly wat i wanna do during holidays. But kids want activities, hence my thought of going there.

At Club Med, you can leave kids there with the GOs. GOs will look after them almost all day - from after breakfast till dinner time if necessary. GOs will plan their activities - bring them kayaking, archery, water play, etc.

Other than Bintan, another nearby Club Med is Cherating, Malaysia. It's about 5 hours' drive. Car park is safe. Environment safe for kids to run around. Food there has no pork - halal, but resort serves alcohol. Avoid Cherating during North-East monsoon. Prices may be much cheaper but daily bad weather is a letdown. Outdoor activities will be cancelled. Driving conditions bad during monsoon too.

Edited by Flying_genie

not too young ... at least 10 years old would be nice [thumbsup]

At Club Med, you can leave kids there with the GOs. GOs will look after them almost all day - from after breakfast till dinner time if necessary. GOs will plan their activities - bring them kayaking, archery, water play, etc.

one thing about club med is the standard rooms are quite sparse.  those that I have been usually have tile flooring.  but I guess the whole point of club med is go for the activities instead of staying in the room.

basically in club med, can eat, drink and play the whole day and night.  The standard alcoholic drinks such as beer, wine and cocktails are free flow, only some hard liquor, champagne are extras.

↡ Advertisement