Club Med Experience

Shorty

how about banyan tree bintan.

can compare to club med or not, or banyan tree nowhere near CM? 

Edited by TangoElite
↡ Advertisement

Banyan tree more for adults & like other resorts not inclusive of food & drinks, Last I heard all charges in USD. More atas

ClubMed GOs will take care of your kids while you go enjoy spas & other adult activities...

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Yes, i'm surprise too when i first visited... never cross my mind that we can get such clear water in Bintan... for those nearby SG, only can think of Tioman & Redang.. Beaches at Port Dickson really CMI.

So indeed quite a fun experience for kids (esp those still too young or afraid to go snorkeling) to be able to see fishes swimming around them without venturing too far into the water... just need to wade to around waist level water can liao.

not so far away is sibu island 10mins off johor mainland.

water is clear. You can stay at no-frills Sea Gypsy island resort. Run by angmoh, lots of scots/irish young angmo staff. 

Very friendly for kids.

but beware, no tv, no aircon, no wifi.

Naaah.... dont think singaporeans can cope with that

• Praise 2

not so far away is sibu island 10mins off johor mainland.

water is clear. You can stay at no-frills Sea Gypsy island resort. Run by angmoh, lots of scots/irish young angmo staff. 

Very friendly for kids.

but beware, no tv, no aircon, no wifi.

Naaah.... dont think singaporeans can cope with that

thks for the suggestion... did hear about sibu island before but have never research on it. Is it convenient to get there? Drive & park at jetty (safe bo??) then take ferry over?

i think you're right that most s'poreans can't do away with those u mentioned.. esp their phones... must always post their holiday pics on facebook, instagram etc. Not that i like aircon... but will there be mozzies if leave the windows open??

One of the advantage of club med Bintan is the close proximity to SG... just a hr ferry ride away fr tenah merah ferry terminal... in fact if you took the 1st ferry at slightly after 8am, you can be at the resort slightly after 9am (indo time which is 1 hr before sg).. we even managed to go for their breakfast after receiving our room keys  [laugh]

Banyan Tree lagi expensive. It has private pool villa or private jazcuzi villa. Yes, everything is in USD. F&B, activities and etc not inclusive.

CM is more suitable for family.

BTW, my friend went Bali Club med instead of bintan. She did some calculations and found that total cost of Bali Club med (inclusive of airfare) is cheaper than the total cost of club med bintan (inclusive of ferry). She's surprised.

50% prc?!?!?! oh no....there goes my plan. i already cannot stand prc working here. n after the horror stories of prc tourist...i will wanna avoid them. mayb club med cherating can b an alternative.

not sure how much discount...but i calculated based on 4 adults n 2 kids, only abt 3400 total.

Hi,

Have u considered Dream cruise? They are coming in Dec. The mega cruise by Genting Star cruise.

I saw some travel agents already start selling.

• Praise 2

One of the advantage of club med Bintan is the close proximity to SG... just a hr ferry ride away fr tenah merah ferry terminal... in fact if you took the 1st ferry at slightly after 8am, you can be at the resort slightly after 9am (indo time which is 1 hr before sg).. we even managed to go for their breakfast after receiving our room keys [laugh]

Can check-in so early?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Banyan Tree lagi expensive. It has private pool villa or private jazcuzi villa. Yes, everything is in USD. F&B, activities and etc not inclusive.

CM is more suitable for family.

BTW, my friend went Bali Club med instead of bintan. She did some calculations and found that total cost of Bali Club med (inclusive of airfare) is cheaper than the total cost of club med bintan (inclusive of ferry). She's surprised.

Hi,

Have u considered Dream cruise? They are coming in Dec. The mega cruise by Genting Star cruise.

I saw some travel agents already start selling.

Cruise considered. But nowadays also too many china n india ppl onboard. My last trip to batam, when at harbourfront there was a q for the cruise. I would say easily 60% in that q is indian national.

Can check-in so early?

Hmm... that's what I'm thinking too. Official check-in time is 1500, so if you reach there earlier and can't check in yet, does that mean you cannot eat lunch for free? Similarly for meals after you have checked out.

Considering to go there in June, doing my research now.

• Praise 1

Cruise considered. But nowadays also too many china n india ppl onboard. My last trip to batam, when at harbourfront there was a q for the cruise. I would say easily 60% in that q is indian national.

I agree. [laugh] [laugh]

Hmm... that's what I'm thinking too. Official check-in time is 1500, so if you reach there earlier and can't check in yet, does that mean you cannot eat lunch for free? Similarly for meals after you have checked out.

Considering to go there in June, doing my research now.

Think they won't mind letting u have lunch early... Was at Cherating... can go for their late lunch at noodle bar.

Remember when I went to Bintan many years back also get to eat late breakfast when we arrived before check in time

Can check-in so early?

I think it depend on whether the rooms are available... For our case, when we're taken to the resort slightly after 9am (which is 10am sg time), after the usual welcome drink & talk by the GOs head, we're all given the room keys & the GO ready to take us to our room. As it was raining then, we asked if we could go for breakfast instead & then get to our room ourselves.. the GO said we can so we proceed to have a our breakfast.

Perhaps this time round in Mar the occupancy wasn't very high... The last time when i went in Jun, i took the later ferry (i think is 11am SG time) & arrived in time for lunch before checking in.

Like what bro Karu said, they not particular about the meals you can take one... Since all the guests there are entitled to all meals while they're at the resort, they don't even need to verify when u arrived or departing. On our day of check out, we need to check out by 11am & we can still proceed to have lunch at 12 noon before their bus bring us to the ferry terminal at 1pm.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

thks for the suggestion... did hear about sibu island before but have never research on it. Is it convenient to get there? Drive & park at jetty (safe bo??) then take ferry over?

i think you're right that most s'poreans can't do away with those u mentioned.. esp their phones... must always post their holiday pics on facebook, instagram etc. Not that i like aircon... but will there be mozzies if leave the windows open??

One of the advantage of club med Bintan is the close proximity to SG... just a hr ferry ride away fr tenah merah ferry terminal... in fact if you took the 1st ferry at slightly after 8am, you can be at the resort slightly after 9am (indo time which is 1 hr before sg).. we even managed to go for their breakfast after receiving our room keys  [laugh]

the jetty is called tanjung leman, 120km from woodlands, below mersing. Easy drive, 50% expressway 50% federal highway. Can park at the jetty, gated, with security. Alternatively the resorts have fetch/send option to SG doorstep with malaysian car. From there its 10 mins by speedboat.

The resort i stayed in the cabins have mosquito nets. They also do frequent fogging. Then I walked past some cabins with the doors/windows open and realised the angmohs all ignored the mosquito net, so we did the same that nite and no mosquito bites.

The water is surprisingly clear but there were some sea lice when we were there (just after monsoon) so we swam with swimshirts. What I like is I couldn't see ships on the horizon. But then the staff mentioned tar do wash up occasionally. The water is great for diving. Ideal place for kids above 10 to learn introductory scuba too as they have their own reef off the beach.

I'm sure there are other resorts  on Sibu island. I also spotted resorts on its neighbouring island Pulau Tinggi. Both are much closer to mainland than Tioman. I skipped Tioman cos I don't think my kids could stomach a 2hr ferry ride.

Original plan was club med cherating, but too tiring to drive and flying would mean less hours for diving (decompression sickness).

img_acc.jpg

• Praise 2

Revive this thread.

Thinking of going club med bintan this June holiday with my family. 2 teenage girl, poly and JC1 age.

Are there things for this age group to do?

For me and wife are more like laz.. around.

Price of $3300+ worth it or not?

How about club med Phuket?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Revive this thread.

Thinking of going club med bintan this June holiday with my family. 2 teenage girl, poly and JC1 age.

How many days? 1 day, not worth. 1 year, worth.

Put nicely, the place is 'rustic'.

Revive this thread.

$3k+ can stay 3 nights in Banyan tree bintan 2 bedroom infinity pool villa [laugh]

How many days? 1 day, not worth. 1 year, worth.

Put nicely, the place is 'rustic'.

4 day 3 night.

Banyan Tree only breakfast included. All others meals not include and won't be cheap.

just on Banyan Tree, last year this time i was at BYT Bintan, did find the resort rather dated and probably need a refresh.  also it's really for romantic getaways or dirty weekends - wouldn't really recommend it for family.

just curious though, poly + JC1 wouldn't clubmed be too kiddo for them? 

Revive this thread.

teenagers ah ... just give them unlimited wi-fi can already lor.  [laugh]

not been to any club med before myself because of the cost and personally, I prefer to experience local sights and sounds and food on the streets.

just me. 

↡ Advertisement