• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic | 49 praises

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:03 PM

kcng
  • Premium member
    kcng
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all, would like to know what should I be careful after apply paint protection/coating? Something like should not wash the car for certain time till the coating settle??? Experience MCF bros please share some tips!!

I am worry what will happen if somehow heavy rain after I apply the coating? Especially it's rain often recently, and I park at OCP, not MSCP.

I damn unlucky that, every time right after I wax, sure will rain one, either the same day or the next day~ sigh.....

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:30 PM

Mlee
  • Mlee
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Shouldn't your applicator advise you after coating?[confused]

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:57 AM

Chickenfarm
  • Chickenfarm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Think he DIY

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:11 AM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

If rain just take microfibre cloth and dry it loh.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

kcng
  • Premium member
    kcng
    1st Gear
    Author Image

As you know, some businessman want to do business, he can say whatever you want to hear :) So I just want to do some "home work" before approach them.

Think he DIY

Not so advance myself :) Just try to do some home work first.

If rain just take microfibre cloth and dry it loh.

That's all? :) Heavy rain sometime just worst than you go car wash~ haha, especially rain at night.

Buadongdong praised this

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:06 AM

James996
  • Premium member
    James996
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

As you know, some businessman want to do business, he can say whatever you want to hear :) So I just want to do some "home work" before approach them.

That's all? :) Heavy rain sometime just worst than you go car wash~ haha, especially rain at night.

Shouldn't the PPS shop provide after sales service like wash & vacuum? They only interested in one time business?

At least the PPS shop I went to does. $10 for washing with their PPS products. additional $5 for vacuum.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:16 AM

kcng
  • Premium member
    kcng
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Shouldn't the PPS shop provide after sales service like wash & vacuum? They only interested in one time business?

At least the PPS shop I went to does. $10 for washing with their PPS products. additional $5 for vacuum.

I believe most of them do. My concern is I don't want end up to be the case that new applied coating being "damage" by the heavy rain (as I don't know will this happen or not), before it "settled", and need to re-apply, which I don't think it will be free.

Thus I just want to know will this case happened? or after applied the coat, it kind of settled immediately, and need not to worry heavy rain right after the application done.

Hope some experiences MCF bros able to share some tips :)

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:21 AM

ValentinoRyan
  • Premium member
    ValentinoRyan
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi all, would like to know what should I be careful after apply the Ceramic PRO PPS? Something like should not wash the car for certain time till the coating settle??? Experience MCF bros please share some tips!!

I am worry what will happen if somehow heavy rain after I apply the coating? Especially it's rain often recently, and I park at OCP, not MSCP.

I damn unlucky that, every time right after I wax, sure will rain one, either the same day or the next day~ sigh.....

Maybe let me share what I know abit, unlike spray painting after the lacquer layer is applied. It needs to stay dry and process are being fast-forwarded to allow the solvents to dissipate.

Similarly for coating, this process of "drying" are done with machines infrared heating on the surface to allow the coating to reach the optimum hardness. However because the microns added onto the lacquer is not significant.

I don't believe there is a need for any special handling process. Ultimately the "coatings" will subject to wear and tear. Waxing just prolong the life span.

Just my opinion.
kcng praised this

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

dsman
  • Premium member
    dsman
    1st Gear
    Author Image

well...if it takes one or 2 days for the pps to dry off, perhaps you can consider parking at mscp for these one or two nights.

ultimately, pps is supposed to make it less troublesome for you to have a clean shiny car. protect the paint which is the job of the pps.

no need to protect the pps. 

kcng praised this

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:07 AM

kcng
  • Premium member
    kcng
    1st Gear
    Author Image

well...if it takes one or 2 days for the pps to dry off, perhaps you can consider parking at mscp for these one or two nights.

ultimately, pps is supposed to make it less troublesome for you to have a clean shiny car. protect the paint which is the job of the pps.

no need to protect the pps.

Ya, if really like that then no choice, I just afraid half way home right after coating then start raining. Then really kns~ haha

Thanks for feedback.

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:18 AM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image

I don't believe there is a need for any special handling process. Ultimately the "coatings" will subject to wear and tear. Waxing just prolong the life span.

Just my opinion.

Waxing probably just enhance the hydrophobic, gloss and for those who love baby butt smoothness feel..lol

I believe coatings have certain properties to release dirt or anything on its surface, meaning wax are unlikely to stay on it so i dont think it prolong the coating.
WebsiteDuragloss Car Care products
WebsiteOptimum Car Care products

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:07 PM

CeramicPROSingapore
  • CeramicPROSingapore
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,

Generally we always advice customers on after care.

Its good to do some homework. But guess you need to be fair to us with this public comment "some businessman want to do business, he can say whatever you want to hear"

If you are aware, after care are actually printed on the invoices of Ace Gt Pte Ltd. 5D Solutions Pte Ltd is working on it at the moment.

Yes. Both Ace Gt and 5D Solutions provides high quality foam wash, vacuum and application of Ceramic PRO SPORT as standard for all Ceramic PRO treated vehicles at a very competitive rate. 

Ceramic PRO Singapore
W - ceramicpro.com.sg
E - info@ceramicpro.com.sg
F - facebook.com/CeramicPROSG/

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:21 PM

kcng
  • Premium member
    kcng
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

Generally we always advice customers on after care.

Its good to do some homework. But guess you need to be fair to us with this public comment "some businessman want to do business, he can say whatever you want to hear"

If you are aware, after care are actually printed on the invoices of Ace Gt Pte Ltd. 5D Solutions Pte Ltd is working on it at the moment.

Yes. Both Ace Gt and 5D Solutions provides high quality foam wash, vacuum and application of Ceramic PRO SPORT as standard for all Ceramic PRO treated vehicles at a very competitive rate. 

There always good reputation shop and those who just want do 1-time business kind of shop out there, similarly there are good customers and nasty customers out there too. I believe I am fair enough to quote just "some" businessman, the jungle just too big, always got some bad bug inside. :) just my 2cents.

Anyway, for whoever interesting, based on my understanding so far, the ceramic coating need around 2 hours to settle after applied, during these 2 hours, please avoid heavy rain, if really so bad luck that you got hit by heavy rain right after the coating (kind of step out the shop, start thunder storm, haha), normally, those good reputation shop willing to repair for you FOC.

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:54 PM

CeramicPROSingapore
  • CeramicPROSingapore
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

There always good reputation shop and those who just want do 1-time business kind of shop out there, similarly there are good customers and nasty customers out there too. I believe I am fair enough to quote just "some" businessman, the jungle just too big, always got some bad bug inside. :) just my 2cents.

Anyway, for whoever interesting, based on my understanding so far, the ceramic coating need around 2 hours to settle after applied, during these 2 hours, please avoid heavy rain, if really so bad luck that you got hit by heavy rain right after the coating (kind of step out the shop, start thunder storm, haha), normally, those good reputation shop willing to repair for you FOC.

Hi. Yes, agree on your point. Well, as the tread title was stated "Ceramic PRO" its rather sensitive for a tread starter to state "As you know, some businessman want to do business, he can say whatever you want to hear :) " I do hope where you are coming from. 

Just to clarify, not all "Ceramic" are the same. When customers collect their Ceramic PRO treated vehicles, they have been surfaced cured. Means rain will not affect, damage or destroy the coating. Than again, its good to keep the surface dry at all times. 

Ceramic PRO 9H is a strong layer and does not require re-application. 

Have a great evening ahead :)

Ceramic PRO Singapore
W - ceramicpro.com.sg

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:41 AM

kcng
  • Premium member
    kcng
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi. Yes, agree on your point. Well, as the tread title was stated "Ceramic PRO" its rather sensitive for a tread starter to state "As you know, some businessman want to do business, he can say whatever you want to hear :) " I do hope where you are coming from. 

Just to clarify, not all "Ceramic" are the same. When customers collect their Ceramic PRO treated vehicles, they have been surfaced cured. Means rain will not affect, damage or destroy the coating. Than again, its good to keep the surface dry at all times. 

Ceramic PRO 9H is a strong layer and does not require re-application. 

Have a great evening ahead :)

I do apologise as I do not know "Ceramic PRO" is a registered trademark and it refer to just certain small group of merchants, I just through it is kind of common technological term for type of PPS only, which provided by most of the PPS merchants. Sorry for any unnecessary cause.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:17 AM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I do apologise as I do not know "Ceramic PRO" is a registered trademark and it refer to just certain small group of merchants, I just through it is kind of common technological term for type of PPS only, which provided by most of the PPS merchants. Sorry for any unnecessary cause.

i think ask mod change title to paint protection system ba.....

MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:00 AM

kcng
  • Premium member
    kcng
    1st Gear
    Author Image

i think ask mod change title to paint protection system ba.....

Did request, waiting for mod reply.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:53 PM

CeramicPROSingapore
  • CeramicPROSingapore
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi bro, no worries. Just here to clear things up. 

:)

Ceramic PRO Singapore
W - ceramicpro.com.sg

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:12 PM

dsman
  • Premium member
    dsman
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hi. U mean you apply Ceramic PRO Sport when you do a normal car wash?

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:32 AM

CeramicPROSingapore
  • CeramicPROSingapore
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi. U mean you apply Ceramic PRO Sport when you do a normal car wash?

Hi,Yes. Its only for vehicles treated with Ceramic Pro 9H by our appointed applicators. Ceramic Pro Sport not only reduce water spots problems effectively. It cleans the coating and keep it in good condition at all times.
Ceramic PRO Singapore
W - ceramicpro.com.sg

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

ACE GT Pte Ltd

ACE GT Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Dials  |  Neutral Newbie

Quality product that is well applied! Because it cannot be rushed, you will need to dedicate a day for the process. Nice air-conditioned resting area is provided if you prefer to wait. Otherwise, leave your car there as it is in safe hands!

Unique (Since 1995) Pte Ltd

Unique (Since 1995) Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by maxchia  |  Neutral Newbie

My previous car was done by CS-ll. I traded in for a new car recently & Wanted to try other paint protector brand. Went arround but found that the price (Basic, cap.$500) were much higher with hidden cost & No warranty! Then I went back to CS-ll & Notice that because I was with them before I get a further discount with warranty. Had my new car done on 29/8, happy with t... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Paint Protection

Quick Reply

Tags: ceramic pro pps, pps, ceramic pro and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users